User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It was a cold autumn day, quite drizzly. You remember this correctly.
lol i love you both, but were you there?

i was. it was definitely not drizzly. and by the end of their set it actually turned sunny.

EDIT: of course, John and i just dug out a screencap saying it was 45F. it was definitely not summer anymore! but compared to about 33 overnight (i was freezing and had to borrow a jacket from FMN&R!), we were all warm by 9am when the band performed televised parts.

here is video from the end of soundcheck though, which was still in the dark, i think maybe around 6am -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 10-04-2016 at 03:20 PM..
Old 10-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

there's a whole thread on their Today Show appearance with bunch of videos and descriptions http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...y+show&page=18

makes me nostalgic, that was almost exactly 2 years ago!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2016, 07:00 PM

You know nothing Elle! wow was she flat... cringe... it happens when you take 16 years off...

mostly tho.. she was a bit hoarse..
Old 10-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol i love you both, but were you there?

i was. it was definitely not drizzly. and by the end of their set it actually turned sunny.

EDIT: of course, John and i just dug out a screencap saying it was 45F. it was definitely not summer anymore! but compared to about 33 overnight (i was freezing and had to borrow a jacket from FMN&R!), we were all warm by 9am when the band performed televised parts.

here is video from the end of soundcheck though, which was still in the dark, i think maybe around 6am -
Okay, I believe you that it was sunny. I remember the day here in Rochester (6hours away) and one of my neighbors went to NY and actually saw the show. He said it was cold. But my mind is all screwed up about the drizzly bit.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, we're nearly a week into October. Mick's tour is over. I wonder if the Mac 4 have gotten together yet. I wonder if they will be using The Village like they did last year (or was it the year before?) or perhaps they'll convene at Lindsey's house. Grrrrr, I'm excited but guessing about what they are doing is painful.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
So, we're nearly a week into October. Mick's tour is over. I wonder if the Mac 4 have gotten together yet. I wonder if they will be using The Village like they did last year (or was it the year before?) or perhaps they'll convene at Lindsey's house. Grrrrr, I'm excited but guessing about what they are doing is painful.
I also looked at the calendar and said, "It's October!"
Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's hope yet....
Just read that The Stones are issuing a studio Album in December....

Admitted its Blues covers, not new stuff..
But according to Ronnie Wood, they recorded 11 songs in 2 days!!!!

Mick is 73, Keith is 72 and Charlie is 75.
So our band are babies.
Lets hope they can get all get in the studio and turn something round, pretty quick.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
There's hope yet....
Just read that The Stones are issuing a studio Album in December....

Admitted its Blues covers, not new stuff..
But according to Ronnie Wood, they recorded 11 songs in 2 days!!!!

Mick is 73, Keith is 72 and Charlie is 75.
So our band are babies.
Lets hope they can get all get in the studio and turn something round, pretty quick.
exactly about Stones! how many albums did they released since 2013 - both new and old music?

since 4 of them are going in the studio in October to finish the album, i don't see "all" happening, but with the current Fleetwood Mac2 Buck formation it looks like they plan to finish the album by Christmas!

Old 10-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WJBD Radio (South Central Illanois)
http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...-we-hang-it-up

Dont know if this is new or whether its cut from old interviews. Sounds like a bit of a backward step.

Mick Fleetwood Says He Hopes Fleetwood Mac Finishes a New Album "Before We Hang It Up"

Before Fleetwood Mac launched its 2014-2015 world tour, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood worked on some new tracks that have yet to see the light of day. Fleetwood says that "before we hang it up," he hopes the band will complete those recordings and release a new studio album, while admitting that he isn't sure if that will happen.

"We have what we would call a large stash of great music. I'm not quite sure what we're heading to do with it," he tells ABC Radio. "I hope that we are able to [put an album together]. It's just getting everyone on the same page to finish off the work that we've been doing."

Mick admits that one Fleetwood Mac member who currently isn't on the same page is Stevie Nicks, who will be launching a new North American solo tour on October 25.

"She's busy doing her own stuff," he points out. "And in this point in life, we've all dedicated so much time to Fleetwood Mac, you go, 'Hey, it'd be great if we could, but if not, don't worry about it.'"

Fleetwood tells ABC Radio that even if Nicks chooses not to lend her talents to the project, he hopes the music that's already been recorded will be released in some form.

"I think there's some thought that some of that lovely music would come out as a sort of duet album, maybe…from Christine and Lindsey," Mick poses. "And if not, it will stay in a room, waiting for the day that maybe it would make sense that all of us can contribute to that being a Fleetwood Mac album."

He adds, "Before we hang it up in the next few years, I truly hope there's another lovely album that will come out."
Old 10-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Registered

If the Rolling Stones recorded their new record in 3 days. They can finish one in a month or so

Isn't trendy now to record clean not to over produce
Old 10-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post

Isn't trendy now to record clean not to over produce
Let's wish Lindsey good luck with that!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure one way or another they'll be new music they can't go out on another Greatest Hits /cash grab tour ..how are they going to promote, it hear the hits for the last time
Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I actually think most everything Lindsey has released in the 21st century has been produced in a fairly spare way. Say You Will definitely had some muddy moments, but his 21st century solo albums have certainly had a very clean, distilled, metallic sheen to them. It is kind of odd how much time he spends in the studio to achieve that, though.

I think Stevie's 24k Gold album showcases that there are huge benefits and giant detriments to recording quickly, though. Some songs like Belle Fleur came out just kicking total @ss, while others such as Lady definitely needed more time in the oven.

Whatever happens, I just don't hold out hope for a great album if Stevie is involved. It will end up being this giant, cautious, middle of the road compromise hammered out by their lawyers and managers.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
WJBD Radio (South Central Illanois)
http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...-we-hang-it-up

Dont know if this is new or whether its cut from old interviews. Sounds like a bit of a backward step.

Mick Fleetwood Says He Hopes Fleetwood Mac Finishes a New Album "Before We Hang It Up"

Before Fleetwood Mac launched its 2014-2015 world tour, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood worked on some new tracks that have yet to see the light of day. Fleetwood says that "before we hang it up," he hopes the band will complete those recordings and release a new studio album, while admitting that he isn't sure if that will happen.

"We have what we would call a large stash of great music. I'm not quite sure what we're heading to do with it," he tells ABC Radio. "I hope that we are able to [put an album together]. It's just getting everyone on the same page to finish off the work that we've been doing."

Mick admits that one Fleetwood Mac member who currently isn't on the same page is Stevie Nicks, who will be launching a new North American solo tour on October 25.

"She's busy doing her own stuff," he points out. "And in this point in life, we've all dedicated so much time to Fleetwood Mac, you go, 'Hey, it'd be great if we could, but if not, don't worry about it.'"

Fleetwood tells ABC Radio that even if Nicks chooses not to lend her talents to the project, he hopes the music that's already been recorded will be released in some form.

"I think there's some thought that some of that lovely music would come out as a sort of duet album, maybe…from Christine and Lindsey," Mick poses. "And if not, it will stay in a room, waiting for the day that maybe it would make sense that all of us can contribute to that being a Fleetwood Mac album."

He adds, "Before we hang it up in the next few years, I truly hope there's another lovely album that will come out."
WTF?! Now Mick sounds like the band's back at the "maybe/ hopefully" stage. Just after we get all these positive, ahead-thinking comments from Christine, we move back two steps. I'm so tired of this band! Get the new friggin' album done! Jesus.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

BRING ON THE LINDSEY/CHRISTINE DUET ALBUM!

Down with Stevie!

Let's get the great 2-4 year old tracks out into the public's earholes ASAP.

I'm anxiously waiting to listen to:
Carnival Begin
Red Sun
Too Far Gone
How I Feel
Lay Down For Free

(Among others!)