User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo View Post
Agreed. I dig the cover too. It has that homegrown, rough feel to it, akin to a home demo. He seems to enjoy that vibe.

I actually find the disdain for the cover to be pretty funny, in fact.

Or is it his tribute to the out of focus cover of Blonde On Blonde?!~?~!?

I don't think you could say that to Bob Dylan...
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

I think the cover has a meaning... its identical to the Law and Order cover... same colors and same pose by lindsey.. everything.... perhaps this is his way of saying its his last solo album... the whole full circle thing...
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantales View Post
I think the cover has a meaning... its identical to the Law and Order cover... same colors and same pose by lindsey.. everything.... perhaps this is his way of saying its his last solo album... the whole full circle thing...
Interesting way to look at it. You might be right.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm going to try and not think about that... I need many more Lindsey albums in my life.

But anyway, the picture, to me, is just a picture. I don't see it as a reincarnation of the L&O pic, because I think that was more cheesecake than anything. It's just Lindsey looking gloomy into the camera. It's just raw and honest and probably exactly how he feels like expressing himself these days.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm going to try and not think about that... I need many more Lindsey albums in my life.

But anyway, the picture, to me, is just a picture. I don't see it as a reincarnation of the L&O pic, because I think that was more cheesecake than anything. It's just Lindsey looking gloomy into the camera. It's just raw and honest and probably exactly how he feels like expressing himself these days.
hold the law and order album up next to the new cover and tell me im wrong
Old 07-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But anyway, the picture, to me, is just a picture. I don't see it as a reincarnation of the L&O pic, because I think that was more cheesecake than anything. It's just Lindsey looking gloomy into the camera.
I agree and more than looking gloomy, I think it's kind of a deliberately goofy look. I just think he's playing around.

Michele
Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hold the law and order album up next to the new cover and tell me im wrong
Sorry ocean, still don't see it...

But this topic did get me to look back at all his album covers and, hands down, OOtC owns. He was just gorgeous during that period, superficially speaking. And as far as FM album covers I'm going with SYW because it's the one (and probably only) time I have seen Lindsey in leather pants. Whoever suggested that to him deserves a .

Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry ocean, still don't see it...

But this topic did get me to look back at all his album covers and, hands down, OOtC owns. He was just gorgeous during that period, superficially speaking. And as far as FM album covers I'm going with SYW because it's the one (and probably only) time I have seen Lindsey in leather pants. Whoever suggested that to him deserves a .
I'd have to pick Go Insane and Mirage as my favorite solo and FM Lindsey album looks.

I think Law and Order was very gorgeous, but it doesn't really remind me of Lindsey. It's just some generic, bronzed dude. Michele
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd have to pick Go Insane and Mirage as my favorite solo and FM Lindsey album looks.

I think Law and Order was very gorgeous, but it doesn't really remind me of Lindsey. It's just some generic, bronzed dude. Michele
My one friend (who isn't an FM/LB fan) thinks Lindsey looked incredible during the Mirage era and if I were to ever have her watch anything FM-related she'd probably ask me to play the Hold Me video over and over. She says in that video he is easily in her top 10, but otherwise not so much.

Me? I think, after OotC, his second-best period (looks-wise) is a tie between Tusk and SYW. Hot.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My one friend (who isn't an FM/LB fan) thinks Lindsey looked incredible during the Mirage era and if I were to ever have her watch anything FM-related she'd probably ask me to play the Hold Me video over and over. She says in that video he is easily in her top 10, but otherwise not so much.

Me? I think, after OotC, his second-best period (looks-wise) is a tie between Tusk and SYW. Hot.

I think Lindsey is so sexy during the Mirage NTF. But looks wise, I'd have to go with 1987. He's too die for in Little Lies, but I just think Seven Wonders is out of this world. If he looked like that now, I'd be howling through the whole show, I wouldn't wait until Holiday Road.

However, even if he looked very ugly, I would love him just as much anyway. Promise.
Michele
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

EW

I just saw that awful thing scrolling by on the front page. Terrible! He looks like an damn Alzheimer's patient looking glumly at a world that confuses him.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
EW

I just saw that awful thing scrolling by on the front page. Terrible! He looks like an damn Alzheimer's patient looking glumly at a world that confuses him.
Well, because I think it's silly, I think it has a certain Lindsey charm, but when you put it that way, I do wonder what casual fans will think. They haven't seen this guy from Fleetwood Mac for awhile and they look at that album cover and think he must have had a VERY hard life these last few years. I think I'm looking at somewhat of a clown, but they might conclude that he's a used up, broken man, just from the photo.

Michele
Old 07-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, because I think it's silly, I think it has a certain Lindsey charm, but when you put it that way, I do wonder what casual fans will think. They haven't seen this guy from Fleetwood Mac for awhile and they look at that album cover and think he must have had a VERY hard life these last few years. I think I'm looking at somewhat of a clown, but they might conclude that he's a used up, broken man, just from the photo.

Michele
Perhaps they will be inclined to purchase the album to "figure out" what this sad man has to say and what his art has amounted to and, in turn, LB may have more record sales (and converts) as a result.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
...But anyway, the picture, to me, is just a picture. I don't see it as a reincarnation of the L&O pic, because I think that was more cheesecake than anything. It's just Lindsey looking gloomy into the camera. It's just raw and honest and probably exactly how he feels like expressing himself these days.
Nico is right, the cover is absolutely irrelevant to the music inside. It's an intriguing picture, nothing more, nothing less. The music is all that matters. If you think his picture looks 'distressed', look what the brilliant Peter Gabriel did for his 3rd solo album cover.

It's a downright disturbing self-portrait that I'm sure had all his fans wondering "What was he thinking?!!" Despite the horrifying cover, the album contained some of his best solo material ever. So, while it's fun to speculate & over-analyze every little tidbit that comes along, even a simple picture, just remember it's THE MUSIC that matters!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Nico is right, the cover is absolutely irrelevant to the music inside. It's an intriguing picture, nothing more, nothing less. The music is all that matters. If you think his picture looks 'distressed', look what the brilliant Peter Gabriel did for his 3rd solo album cover.

It's a downright disturbing self-portrait that I'm sure had all his fans wondering "What was he thinking?!!" Despite the horrifying cover, the album contained some of his best solo material ever. So, while it's fun to speculate & over-analyze every little tidbit that comes along, even a simple picture, just remember it's THE MUSIC that matters!
But Michel Gondry (music video director, filmmaker) buys albums for the cover art. He says (and I paraphrase): "If you love the cover and you look at it while you listen, it will make you love the music."

I love this cover for GOS.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.