User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Billy Facebook rockabilly CD?

I was asking Rick about a CD he played on recently and he he said saw a "Billy Burnette Rockabilly CD listed on his Facebook (page)" & he didn't know whether he was credited or not but he "heard one cut, "Tear It UP" that (he's) on".

Anyone know which disc he's referring to? As we know, Rick's not on the Memphis In Manhattan, 1980 Columbia, etc. versions so it looks like this is one that may have slipped through the cracks & I don't see it on Billy's FB page, I must be looking in the wrong place...

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 04-22-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I was asking Rick about a CD he played on recently and he he said saw a "Billy Burnette Rockabilly CD listed on his Facebook (page)" & he didn't know whether he was credited or not but he "heard one cut, "Tear It UP" that (he's) on".

Anyone know which disc he's referring to? As we know, Rick's not on the Memphis In Manhattan, 1980 Columbia, etc. versions so it looks like this is one that may have slipped through the cracks & I don't see it on Billy's FB page, I must be looking in the wrong place...

John
Well there is a version of Tear It Up on his facebook page here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/billyburnette#!

I'm fairly sure that it isn't one of the three album versions (Memphis, 1980 or Zoo) or the version that is floating around on YouTube. I'll let you listen though John to work out whether it is a usual version (you'd know better than I would). No idea where it is from though...
Old 04-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Thanks Chris, I thought I found another version on a V/A comp but it's the MIM version. Anyways, it does sound like Rick (& Bekka) could be on the one you found) but it looks like you can buy the mp3 but nothing about the "album". Actually, I just clicked on the buy mp3 link and it says no page etc. I wonder if Rick saw the covers of Memphis... & AYWMB on that page and thought that version of TIU was released on one of those? Would make sense since as you rightly say there is "a" version MIM but not this one. Well, anyways, if anyone knows where we can buy a hard copy version of the album that has the MySpace version (I guess we'll call it for now) , let me/us know.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 04-23-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Chris, I thought I found another version on a V/A comp but it's the MIM version. Anyways, it does sound like Rick (& Bekka) could be on the one you found) but it looks like you can buy the mp3 but nothing about the "album". Actually, I just clicked on the buy mp3 link and it says no page etc. I wonder if Rick saw the covers of Memphis... & AYWMB on that page and thought that version of TIU was released on one of those? Would make sense since as you rightly say there is "a" version MIM but not this one. Well, anyways, if anyone knows where we can buy a hard copy version of the album that has the MySpace version (I guess we'll call it for now) , let me/us know.

John
I'm prepared to be wrong but I can't find any mention of any album other than the ones we know about. Do you manage to get responses from Billy via facebook? I know we never got one regarding the Blue Jug question so not sure if he is as forthcoming with answers as Rick?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I'm prepared to be wrong but I can't find any mention of any album other than the ones we know about. Do you manage to get responses from Billy via facebook? I know we never got one regarding the Blue Jug question so not sure if he is as forthcoming with answers as Rick?
I must admit I never tried writing him on FB, just got the feeling from his Q&A here that if I were to ask him anything the answer wouldn't be very helpful as Rick's answers have been but maybe I shouldn't judge.

John
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I must admit I never tried writing him on FB, just got the feeling from his Q&A here that if I were to ask him anything the answer wouldn't be very helpful as Rick's answers have been but maybe I shouldn't judge.

John
Rick is very good in responding to his fans as well as actually posting things on Facebook and then responding to comments. Maybe because Rick worked for many years without his name being up in lights and he hasn't forgotten that the fans got him where he is today?