The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched a Nicole Kidman interview and she was asked what she liked most about spending time with her baby and she said she loved her "little shoulders". When she sees her in the bath with those small shoulders, she just gets so much pleasure. She reminded me of Lindsey and CAH. What a strange, strange thing.

Michele
Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I read the book for a little while, then I lost interest in it when it started to turn too dark for my tastes. Now it has gained a lifelong place as my go to "Spider Smasher"
Old 12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just watched a Nicole Kidman interview and she was asked what she liked most about spending time with her baby and she said she loved her "little shoulders". When she sees her in the bath with those small shoulders, she just gets so much pleasure. She reminded me of Lindsey and CAH. What a strange, strange thing.

Michele
Funny, I've noticed Stevie showing her shoulders off now too. She rocks the look, but it's strange for a woman her age and always makes me think of Lindsey's fetish. LOL.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Funny, I've noticed Stevie showing her shoulders off now too. She rocks the look, but it's strange for a woman her age and always makes me think of Lindsey's fetish. LOL.
It's not enough to have shoulders for Lindsey. They have to be fragile. I think Stevie's may be a little too sturdy.

Actually though, if I had to make a guess as to what feature of Stevie's is Lindsey's favorite, I'd say her hair.

Cher has this habit of moving her hair out of her face and once in awhile, Sonny used to reach over and move it for her, which I thought would have made a really intense gesture -- if it hadn't been so staged on his part.

During the Tusk photo shoot, one of my favorite moments is when the photographer is telling Christine that her hair needs to be fluffier and then Lindsey leans over and fluffs it up for her. Stevie does too. I really get into stuff like that. That's my fetish.

Michele
Old 12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not enough to have shoulders for Lindsey. They have to be fragile. I think Stevie's may be a little too sturdy.

Actually though, if I had to make a guess as to what feature of Stevie's is Lindsey's favorite, I'd say her hair.

Cher has this habit of moving her hair out of her face and once in awhile, Sonny used to reach over and move it for her, which I thought would have made a really intense gesture -- if it hadn't been so staged on his part.

During the Tusk photo shoot, one of my favorite moments is when the photographer is telling Christine that her hair needs to be fluffier and then Lindsey leans over and fluffs it up for her. Stevie does too. I really get into stuff like that. That's my fetish.

Michele
LOL! "Sturdy" shoulders! Just call her Sturdy Stevie.

Christine getting her hair fluffed by Lindsey & Stevie?!? They missed their calling. They could have gone into hair care together. Hair by Buckingham Nicks. Never enough fluff!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, Carol Ann of the fragile shoulders. One of the book's odder stories, but certainly memorable!

I really wish she'd worked with a ghostwriter (or if she did, a better one)-- the book could have been so much better than it was. Certainly there was no shortage of stories to tell. But instead we got endless descriptions of drippy, melancholic romance.
Stevie'd better get around to writing that autobiography eventually. I'm still waiting for a decent telling of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
But instead we got endless descriptions of drippy, melancholic romance.
Stevie'd better get around to writing that autobiography eventually. I'm still waiting for a decent telling of Fleetwood Mac.
I think if Stevie ever writes her autobiography, the levels of drippiness and romanticism in hers will make Carol Ann's book look like a serious graphic novel.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think if Stevie ever writes her autobiography, the levels of drippiness and romanticism in hers will make Carol Ann's book look like a serious graphic novel.
Believe me, I don't disagree. But I think being higher-profile than Carol Ann (to put it mildly), she will likely have an excellent ghost writer, or a brilliant editor at the very least. Someone to rein in the drip and bring out the awesome. Eh, I'm an optimist.

Last edited by mezzoforte; 12-05-2010 at 07:41 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I can't let that go!

Shoulders and back were practically all the flesh Stevie EVER showed, for years and years, and I'll bet that that was at least partly because she knew very well that a) hers looked rather fine and b) her looking rather fine would wind LB up!

Each to their own, of course, but even today 'sturdy' isn't a word that comes to mind when I see a wee bit of shoulder peeking outa SN's top!

I am a freak.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post

Each to their own, of course, but even today 'sturdy' isn't a word that comes to mind when I see a wee bit of shoulder peeking outa SN's top!

I am a freak.
Yeah, ok. Stevie does not have workhorse shoulders.

I think everyone thinks it's a fine moment in SOTM when Stevie is bending over singing and Lindsey just comes and lies on her back.

That's pretty hot.

Michele
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
I have to say this. The more I learn about this woman, the more I think she was just an attention seeking groupie! I mean, she just seems so fake to me.
I have been thinking of reading her book, so, I have been doing a little research before I pay good money for it.
I'm sure some of you have read it. What do you think?
Carol's book has lot of interesting, curious stories, like the night at Eric Clapton's home. But to me it's more like a collection of episodes, and almost gossip. I never "got hooked" to the book, actually never finished.

Mick Fleetwood's book is far better, looks more authentic (though I know many people questioned it) and very good written. I've read it lot of times, the first time I read it continously for several hours until I fell asleep (actually i bought in Europe so I started it in the 15 hours flight )
Old 12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Carol's book has lot of interesting, curious stories, like the night at Eric Clapton's home. But to me it's more like a collection of episodes, and almost gossip. I never "got hooked" to the book, actually never finished.

Mick Fleetwood's book is far better, looks more authentic (though I know many people questioned it) and very good written. I've read it lot of times, the first time I read it continously for several hours until I fell asleep (actually i bought in Europe so I started it in the 15 hours flight )

Those little stories were fun--probably my favorite part of the book. You're right about it feeling like episodes, though--it really wasn't cohesive at all. I don't think she's much of a storyteller.
I'm not sure, though, what made the book so boring. Since it's a topic all of us here are obviously interested in, you would think it would hold a little more interest, in spite of the princess-y tone. The "groupie" comment is an interesting one. She obviously wasn't--they did have a real, long-term relationship. But because the books lacks introspection, it does feel like she didn't really know the band (aside from Lindsey) at all, in spite of touring with them for years. She talks endlessly about being in the inner circle, and no doubt she was, but she writes as though blithely detached from it.

This is, BTW, the most positive review of Mick's book I've heard. I've considered reading it, but heard it was dull and unreliable. You recommend it, though?
Old 12-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This is, BTW, the most positive review of Mick's book I've heard. I've considered reading it, but heard it was dull and unreliable. You recommend it, though?
I agree, that's about the nicest thing I've read on here about Mick's book!

I've read it and my feeling is that the emotional and personal content of it is very likely to be largely true, but it's been very poorly copy edited (I know, because that's my day job). What this means is that some people have taken the inclusion of factual inaccuracy to imply that there are inaccuracies of other, perhaps more important, kinds as well.

I think that's a risky assumption, rather like me telling you that I had the worst meal of my life at a certain restaurant but you don't believe me because I get the date I was there wrong.

As for CAH, I agree she doesn't qualify for the label of 'groupie' as I would ever understand it. I also think she, too, cops a lot of flak for a poor copy-editor - and also because some LB fans are upset by her accounts of LB's aggression towards her.

By the way, there's a thread somewhere that had a full text file of Mick's book.

Loz
Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I strongly recommend it. I found it far more interesting and enjoyable than Bob Brunning (a good book, too) and Carol Ann's.

I couldn't detect unrealiable info. The most controversial episode (at least controversial for ledgies, as I recall all those threads) was the day Lindsey left the band, August 7, 1987.

Several ledgies said it was impossible Lindsey reacted that way, even that Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slapped her. But I never found any interview where the members denied that. In fact I found where Stevie talks about it and describes the angry situation (something about she would call her brother if he touches her again). And John also confirmed he said to Lindsey I think you'd better leave now. Though he meant the room, not the band ha haa.

Mick's description about Lindsey & John didn't go along the first sessions was also confirmed by themselves. Lot of info was confirmed. Maybe he exaggerates some points and numbers, the typical emotion and because he always loved that band, but I don't find it dull and unreliable at all.

Last edited by Villavic; 12-06-2010 at 04:48 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Several ledgies said it was impossible Lindsey reacted that way, even that Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slapped her. But I never found any interview where the members denied that.
Lindsey denies that that ever happened. And Stevie never said he slapped her either when she described what happened. On that Rock Family Tree special, she said she's really ferocious and flew off the couch to "seriously attack him" and grabbed him. Once she did, he started chasing her around Christine's house and outside and up the block and then once he caught her he threw her against the car. That's when she screamed at him and said she thought he was going to kill her and he probably thought he was going to kill her too. She says she told him her father and brother would get him if he did -- if the rest of the band didn't kill him.

As for CAH's book, some of the things I find incredible have little to do with Lindsey and it's not about location, dates or chronology either. I do wonder why she says the Rolling Stone photo shoot with the band in bed took place in her house and in her bed. That's a hard thing to remember incorrectly, but the place is just one discrepancy. Her description of the event differs from the band members and from Annie's.

Then, little things like her saying she was standing in the wings during a concert wearing a see-through dress and the crowd saw her and started reacting to her and she inadvertently stole the spotlight from Stevie. Please. I just find it hard to believe that anything like that remotely happened. She may have been wearing a transparent skirt and someone whistled at her, but all eyes in the Fleetwood Mac crowd did not turn turn to her. Forget the fact that she got the chronology wrong. It's that her book is full of descriptions of events that are so ridiculously flattering to herself that make me discount its credibility.

Michele