User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
AND ur right. "THE EAST" valley is not the same as the west valley.......... Its better.
To say the least! Trekking out to Glendale would have been bad enough while living in Ahwatukee (where I lived for 10 years- going to Cricket Pavilion was always annoying), but from Gold Canyon? Forget it.

Whenever I think of the arena in Glendale (built for the hockey team), I remember a tagline that ran in the AZ Republic "Just what the West Valley needs, more toothless white guys"
Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
To say the least! Trekking out to Glendale would have been bad enough while living in Ahwatukee (where I lived for 10 years- going to Cricket Pavilion was always annoying), but from Gold Canyon? Forget it.

Whenever I think of the arena in Glendale (built for the hockey team), I remember a tagline that ran in the AZ Republic "Just what the West Valley needs, more toothless white guys"
Oh Ahwatukee, well, if there was a smile face that humbly bowed to the Pharaohs i would post it, must be different than you remember, how long ago was that? like in the 80s? 90s? well, they have built it up ALOT since then. U know, getting ready for a little thing called The Super Bowl that took place in Glendale a few years ago. The whole "WESTGATE CITY CENTER" is really nice. U know, luxury condos ect. am i speaking your language yet? I live in the Arrowhead/Lake pleasant area. It has a nice country club. (for some reason i feel the need to now let you that.)
Old 04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here's an excerpt from article about problems with tickets for Glendale purchased through Ticketmaster:

From Azfamily.com: http://www.azfamily.com/news/3oys/st....ff49fdf4.html

By Meredith Yeoman / 3 On Your Side Producer

PHOENIX - 3 On Your Side is getting results after a Valley woman said she was ripped off by Ticketmaster.

Three months after Debbie Lesnick paid $250 to see Robin Williams live she got the money returned to her.

Trouble is, Lesnick never got to see her favorite comedian because her tickets she bought through TicketsNow.com were not valid.

“Come the day of the concert, find out guess what? Sold out, can't get in somebody's already in your seat.” she said.

Lesnick was worried when her two tickets showed up in the mail, because they had someone else's name on them.

“That was a red flag as soon as I got that and they assured me that I'd be okay, that I would not have any problems,” Lesnick said.

But it was a problem, a big problem. Lesnick was turned away at the door, which is what Jennifer McGirr hopes doesn't happen to her.

McGirr paid $520 for two tickets to see Fleetwood Mac next month at the Jobing.com Arena. “When I got the ticket's FedExed to me it was just a photo copy with someone else's name on top,” she said.
Oh wow, that sucks. I got my ticket from ticketsnow.com too! Is there any ticket site that can be trusted?

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyval View Post
Yeah the sound will be much better there and Stevie really likes that arena. Also if you want really good seats wait until the day of the concert at 9am. There are going to be some really great seats released.

See you there!!!
OO! Me too! Maybe i will finially meet some ledge peeps