The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=jbrownsjr;1212232]You guys behave yourselves!!!

Really? That's all the moderation that's going to happen here? You realize that this is why people leave the forum all the time, right?
Old 06-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lets not kid ourselves. Christine is approaching 74 and though she's getting by just fine, lets just say she's showing her age There'll be no FM album before the tour, obviously, and the likelihood is a FM tour will stretch well into 2019. That means another album wouldn't materialize until Chris is around 76 or 77. There wont even be another Buckingham McVie album. Lindsey will do a FM tour and then solo....forever.
The best we can hope from Christine (and I really hope this happens) is she'll record a blues album with Mick, Rick and A. N. Other later this year and they tour it early 2018, parallel to LB solo tour & SN solo tour.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think money is involved in Stevie's decision. She doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore. Sure, a tour is fine. But not an album.

It's nice to have another BuckVie album, and I hope it happens, but I'd very much prefer a last FM album with the 5 of them.
She'd still be a waitress if it weren't for FM. The least she could have done was contribute 2-3 songs. But she doesn't owe them anything, right?

At this point, I'd RATHER have another BuckVie album. I'm loving this one!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=MakerofBirds;1212234]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You guys behave yourselves!!!

Really? That's all the moderation that's going to happen here? You realize that this is why people leave the forum all the time, right?

People come and go all the time.

Secondly, they were joking. People call Mick and Stevie money whores all the time. My stance on this is: Nobody is going to turn down that kind of money. That's not said only here at The LEdge, but on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

I'm not going to censor it unless there is a clear intent to harm. Money is always going to be a topic of discussion when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.

If you want to police the board, ask to be a MOD.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-20-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 06-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Lets not kid ourselves. Christine is approaching 74 and though she's getting by just fine, lets just say she's showing her age There'll be no FM album before the tour, obviously, and the likelihood is a FM tour will stretch well into 2019. That means another album wouldn't materialize until Chris is around 76 or 77. There wont even be another Buckingham McVie album. Lindsey will do a FM tour and then solo....forever.
The best we can hope from Christine (and I really hope this happens) is she'll record a blues album with Mick, Rick and A. N. Other later this year and they tour it early 2018, parallel to LB solo tour & SN solo tour.
Exactly. Time is running out. This Fleetwood Mac album is most likely going to be the last group effort we get from them.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie's failure to participate in a final album cemented her status as a incredibly sad, pathetic, tragic figure. It's an enormous shame. She's essentially the Norma Desmond of rock...a once-spectacular artist who willfully foregoes her own dignity for the sake of a thoroughly worthless ego. But Norma Desmond would have at least participated in a final album. As great as Buckingham McVie is, any honest fan must admit those songs would have been completely out of this world with all three voices singing them.

But it's much more important for Stevie to stare at a mirror in her big house, singing "Cheaper Than Free" to herself, profoundly and wretchedly alone.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Stevie's failure to participate in a final album cemented her status as a incredibly sad, pathetic, tragic figure. It's an enormous shame. She's essentially the Norma Desmond of rock...a once-spectacular artist who willfully foregoes her own dignity for the sake of a thoroughly worthless ego. But Norma Desmond would have at least participated in a final album. As great as Buckingham McVie is, any honest fan must admit those songs would have been completely out of this world with all three voices singing them.

But it's much more important for Stevie to stare at a mirror in her big house, singing "Cheaper Than Free" to herself, profoundly and wretchedly alone.
I wanted her so badly on this album. I hope they change her mind and do one more.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love you!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She'd still be a waitress if it weren't for FM. The least she could have done was contribute 2-3 songs. But she doesn't owe them anything, right?

At this point, I'd RATHER have another BuckVie album. I'm loving this one!
Like Lindsey said last time he told the "package deal" story: "Stupid me, eh?" Finally, Lindsey, you realized how stupid you were! A bit late though.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole Fleetwood Mac in everything but name and Stevie project is frustrating in one way because it denies 'the brand' another classic album in their cannon. It's a major part of the family tree but I still doubt Stevie's writing is up to this caliber at the moment. I'd like her to prove me wrong
Old 06-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like Lindsey said last time he told the "package deal" story: "Stupid me, eh?" Finally, Lindsey, you realized how stupid you were! A bit late though.
42+ years! Colossal mistake!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post

Agreed. What made me love BuckVie was FM. If it weren't for FM we wouldn't have BuckVie today. I love them all, and it's sad to see something that once was so spectacular, being torn apart by one member. I'm sure the other 4 must feel the same (especially Lindsey) but can't of course say it.

I hope she doesn't regret it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think money is involved in Stevie's decision. She doesn't want to work with Lindsey anymore. Sure, a tour is fine. But not an album.
Actually, it seems to be a factor. She recently has complained that records don't sell and that why wouldn't they want to go out on the road and "make a ton of money". Seems like she's stuck in the past and still expects her records to sell millions of copies like they did back in the day.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
People come and go all the time.

Secondly, they were joking. People call Mick and Stevie money whores all the time. My stance on this is: Nobody is going to turn down that kind of money. That's not said only here at The LEdge, but on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
Okay, good to know!

In that case, Lindsey & Christine really should learn how to whore from Stevie because ticket sales at most of the venues are pretty sad.
Then why are you going to one of their shows if sales are so sad?