The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm done with them too. It's still too painful to even listen to them. I hope I can get over it and enjoy the records again, but all I think about now is this awful situation.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm done with FM because this is gone.

It just wasn't tenable anymore?! WTF does that mean?!! IDIOTS!
Old 08-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JWD that pretty much sums it up perfectly. This big a line up change "after" the Dance is completely unacceptable- and that was 22 years ago. The current line up does not work and the attempt to mask Nicks and McVie's diminished talents with Campbell and Finn is not helping. While talented they are not a fit to this band and as a fan of the many other wonderful line ups, I cannot bear to watch it. My time as a devoted fan is over and I rarely listen to any of their music anymore.

To let Buckingham go at this juncture is approaching insanity.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post

A true testament to the Old Goat's massively bloated ego.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
A true testament to the Old Goat's massively bloated ego.
I believe you mean bloated egoat.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
It destroyed their legacy, from love to hate

As it constitutes pure venom aimed at Lindsey

The "new" touring "band" amounted to a cash grab... before they all go off onto new, probably less lucrative, gigs (Stevie as a solo artist with or without Campbell and Mick as a Crowded House drummer)

They could have just ended the band and not broken hearts

But they don't care

I never mattered to $tevie

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm done with fleetwood mac because they have become stale and boring.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'm done with fleetwood mac because they have become stale and boring.
Totally..with no intention of ever bothering to make a note of new music..just a cash grabbing shell of a once great band.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Greedy bunch of old geezers who now suck at their craft, are stale as 5 year old bread, ad nauseam ad infinitum.

Nostalgia is a bitch, folks, and it doesn't advance the world and its needs any.

It boggles the mind that people still pay money to see these has-beens. One of those things in life I just cannot even begin to understand. Specially with the good indie music that is constantly being published & which is fresh and interesting and intelligent and lyrical and well performed.

To me, this bunch were no longer viable as a band as far back as the early 90's, with LB being the one remaining saving grace.
And THEN, in addition, they go and commit lower-than-dirt acts against a colleague and business partner and, "supposedly" friend, of 40 years.

So, yeah .

Fleetwood who?

Glad I stopped giving them my money the past 25 years -- LB being the golden exception.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Greedy bunch of old geezers who now suck at their craft, are stale as 5 year old bread, ad nauseam ad infinitum.

Nostalgia is a bitch, folks, and it doesn't advance the world and its needs any.

It boggles the mind that people still pay money to see these has-beens. One of those things in life I just cannot even begin to understand. Specially with the good indie music that is constantly being published & which is fresh and interesting and intelligent and lyrical and well performed.

To me, this bunch were no longer viable as a band as far back as the early 90's, with LB being the one remaining saving grace.
And THEN, in addition, they go and commit lower-than-dirt acts against a colleague and business partner and, "supposedly" friend, of 40 years.

So, yeah .

Fleetwood who?

Glad I stopped giving them my money the past 25 years -- LB being the golden exception.
$tevie was the commercial to a once good program. And corporate and commercial rule. And that's that.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

So, yeah .

Fleetwood who?

The thought of an alternate universe in which Fleetwood Mac released the album known to us as BuckVie and toured behind those new songs + the usual set of Rumours regurgitation is still more appealing to me than our current reality: Fleetwood Mac becoming the band known for covering "Free Falling" and "Don't Dream It's Over." I say this as a massive Tom Petty fan, and I'm fine if I'm in the minority on this.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
The thought of an alternate universe in which Fleetwood Mac released the album known to us as BuckVie and toured behind those new songs + the usual set of Rumours regurgitation is still more appealing to me than our current reality: Fleetwood Mac becoming the band known for covering "Free Falling" and "Don't Dream It's Over." I say this as a massive Tom Petty fan, and I'm fine if I'm in the minority on this.

That is what kills me. How any fan can think covering Free Fallin and Don't Dream it's over is ok. The band has so many songs they could be doing from their own catalog that they don't need these cover songs (Unless of course you are trying to make the connection for those in the audience who actually might not know who MC and NF are).

This band is known for some really questionable antics over the year but I have to say this is to me the dumbest thing they have ever done. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that at the end of the line they trot out a new lineup to play a mostly GH tour. It would be one thing if they had new music but to tour again with no new material is beyond idiotic. It truly boggles the mind that some people don't see how this is so stupid. Honestly how many times do you need to hear the same songs over and over performed the same old way. Even the rare stuff they trotted out they started dropping once it was clear that the audience didn't know or care for it.

I think years from now this ending of the band will not be viewed as favorably as others. It will end up being like a trivia card.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
That is what kills me. How any fan can think covering Free Fallin and Don't Dream it's over is ok. The band has so many songs they could be doing from their own catalog that they don't need these cover songs (Unless of course you are trying to make the connection for those in the audience who actually might not know who MC and NF are).

This band is known for some really questionable antics over the year but I have to say this is to me the dumbest thing they have ever done. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that at the end of the line they trot out a new lineup to play a mostly GH tour. It would be one thing if they had new music but to tour again with no new material is beyond idiotic. It truly boggles the mind that some people don't see how this is so stupid. Honestly how many times do you need to hear the same songs over and over performed the same old way. Even the rare stuff they trotted out they started dropping once it was clear that the audience didn't know or care for it.

I think years from now this ending of the band will not be viewed as favorably as others. It will end up being like a trivia card.

oh, they were nothing but a greatest hits tour even before kicking Lindsey out.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

I completely agree with you here. Particularly since so many bands are making 2018/2019 their "farewell" and are doing it well. There is promotion around it, interviews etc. FM....their US promotion was laughable and exposed the lie. UK promotion was pretty close to non existent save for rolling out NF and MF. And the AUS/NZ promotion makes it seem like Crowded House is on tour with special guests from FM and TPH. And Stevie is no where to be found in any interviews. That's unheard of for any prior tours. It's like they relying more on their loyal Instagram followers to do the marketing for them. Looking forward to them hobbling towards the sunset now.

Last edited by Storms123; 09-19-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh, they were nothing but a greatest hits tour even before kicking Lindsey out.
I agree but at least he wanted new music. If nothing else there was that to look forward to until SN put a stop to it.