Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2024, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There's a video for Think About Me?
Yeah, there was, it was sort of a compilation of some clips from (what I now know is ) the Rumours backstage footage. It was basically just a bunch of clips strung together while the song played... roadies setting up the stage w the big red trunks..mick kicking out his foot..maybe chris and stevie putting on their make up? i can't recall much more than that. VERY rare to see it played on MTV.

--Lis
Old 01-30-2024, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Yeah, there was, it was sort of a compilation of some clips from (what I now know is ) the Rumours backstage footage. It was basically just a bunch of clips strung together while the song played... roadies setting up the stage w the big red trunks..mick kicking out his foot..maybe chris and stevie putting on their make up? i can't recall much more than that. VERY rare to see it played on MTV.

--Lis
And the equipment trucks adorned with penguins. Footage from the Tusk documentary.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis
God, I'd forgotten that even existed, it's been so long since I've seen it.

It's mostly about the crew setting up. Carrying lighting truss around and the like.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Did you hear it on the radio much? Lis? Anyone. Like "Think About Me" I don't think it got much play.
I remember hearing both songs on the radio. In both cases, I’d think “oh, yeah, there’s that hit, too…” Nowadays, I see these two songs like the mid-sized hits you find on a Foreigner compilation, you know the whole “wow, I forgot they had so many hits” thing.

Love In Store is such a fun, peppy, song that celebrates a GROUP identity. All five of them are on it and it’s hard to deny their collective chemistry. Compared to the other two hits, its arrangement is rather simple. But that’s its charm! It reminds me of those really catchy, no-frills tunes Nick Lowe would write—a song entirely reliant on its hooks to come across, and without inflating it with a lot of studio gimmicks.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFNSJguUos

Puts me in such a good mood!
Old 01-31-2024, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This reminds me the time I used to decorate my bedroom walls with vynil records.

Walls were updated in the 90s with CD paperboard longboxes.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
This reminds me the time I used to decorate my bedroom walls with vynil records.

Walls were updated in the 90s with CD paperboard longboxes.

same !!! haha, I was such a nerd.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Here is something interesting. My password to unlock my Iphone is: Loveinstore then some digits

I assume I am not the only one with Mac related passwords. I ran out of songs
Old 01-31-2024, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Here is something interesting. My password to unlock my Iphone is: Loveinstore then some digits

Yes, different album names followed by digits for network pages, mails, etc.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

I need to change all my passwords now. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2024, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goKM7jsOwrg

The 41:00 minute mark. Looks like more of promotional film for the song and video release than an actual music video. This video was great at the time, but for me the audience applause is mixed in too loud and drowns out the band. Angel is a highlight. Love how Lindsey and Stevie sing in one mic. I think that the only time they've done that. When Mick is by the pool at his house there is a woman dressed in Stevie clothes playing with his kids, but it doesn't look Jenny or Stevie to me.

Quote:

--Lis
Old 02-02-2024, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The song peaked at #11 on the Adult Contemporary charts. Back in those days the radio was full of those stations. I heard it all the time on the radio.

I want to know how Jim Recor co-wrote it with Chris. We know the Recors had a special relationship with the band. Jim's former wife was the "Sara", Stevie's best friend and eventually became Mick's wife. But what was his relationship with Chris? How did they sit down and write a song together. Her other Mirage songs were about Dennis. It seems Love In Store would be about Dennis too so I would love to know how Recor came into the picture.
Old 02-04-2024, 08:10 PM
Ledgie

I do not hear "Love in Store' on the radio these days. It would be great to hear it more.
Old 02-04-2024, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I didn't hear Love in Store on the radio. Besides Hold Me and Gypsy, it was Can't Go Back what I did hear.

Was the Think About Me video an extract from the Tusk documentary?
I think some tusk doc footage and a bit of the backstage rumours footage were mainly what made up the video...? hard to remember..

--Lis
Old 02-05-2024, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think some tusk doc footage and a bit of the backstage rumours footage were mainly what made up the video...? hard to remember..

--Lis
Yeah--right after the section where Stevie talks about preparation for touring, that each tour may be your last...

And then, a montage of the road crew, the stage machinery, etc., set to the music of Think About Me.