The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default when was the last time they toured japan?

I was just curious seeing that japan is a major market but I can't remember the last time the band toured there?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:19 PM
joe

pretty sure it was 1990.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Going by the tour archives here The last show played in Japan was February 17 1980 Osaka, Japan .
Old 05-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Going by the tour archives here The last show played in Japan was February 17 1980 Osaka, Japan .
thanks for the link.

oh wow look at that setlist!! starts with almost all the same old songs they've been doing for the last decade, but then the second part:

7 Tusk songs - Lindsey
3 Tusk songs - Stevie
2 Tusk songs - Christine

i guess at the time they were not too concerned about the balance between songwriters and new song vs old song numbers.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

wow 35 years i'd love to see them tour japan i'm sure the fans would love to see the band again
Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't Behind the Mask toured in Japan? I thought Stevie lip synched to "Freedom" on Japanese TV.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for the link.

oh wow look at that setlist!! starts with almost all the same old songs they've been doing for the last decade, but then the second part:

7 Tusk songs - Lindsey
3 Tusk songs - Stevie
2 Tusk songs - Christine

i guess at the time they were not too concerned about the balance between songwriters and new song vs old song numbers.
That page lists every song they ever played on the tour (some of which were played very rarely). The typical Japan/Australia/NZ 1980 setlist had none of Christine's Tusk songs and 3 of Lindsey's:
1. Say You Love Me
2. The Chain
3. Don't Stop
4. Dreams
5. Oh Well
6. Rhiannon
7. Oh Daddy
8. What Makes You Think You're The One
9. Sara
10. Not That Funny
11. Never Going Back Again
12. Landslide
13. Tusk
14. Angel
15. You Make Loving Fun
16. I'm So Afraid
17. World Turning
18. Go Your Own Way
19. Sisters Of The Moon
20. Songbird
Old 05-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
That page lists every song they ever played on the tour (some of which were played very rarely).
but imagine having varied setlist from one to the other show or leg, and the one that covers 12 Tusk songs when taken all different setlists? going to multiple shows would actually make some sense!

unless you will tell me that they did all new songs at the first show only, and then immediately dropped them, like i guess happened during SYW tour. although at least there was some rotation of new SYW LB songs from leg to leg, like Red Rover etc.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Wasn't Behind the Mask toured in Japan? I thought Stevie lip synched to "Freedom" on Japanese TV.
that's what i thought but, apparently, they didn't tour there:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...temid=371#1990
Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

I may be mistaken but didn't they perform ''over and over'' on the 79/80 tour or was that just a soundcheck on the live album?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
unless you will tell me that they did all new songs at the first show only, and then immediately dropped them, like i guess happened during SYW tour. although at least there was some rotation of new SYW LB songs from leg to leg, like Red Rover etc.
Well, in the audio for That's Enough for Me, Lindsey says it was the first time they preformed it. That was Rotterdam, June 13, 1980, which was more than halfway through the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
I may be mistaken but didn't they perform ''over and over'' on the 79/80 tour or was that just a soundcheck on the live album?
I think it was done live. Christine introduces it, which they didn't do for the sound check ones, and there's a loud crowd response, which you don't have for Fireflies, Farmer's Daughter, etc.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems they played at Koseinenkin Hall in Tokyo on April 23 1990.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleetw...-4bd3971e.html
Old 05-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Seems they played at Koseinenkin Hall in Tokyo on April 23 1990.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleetw...-4bd3971e.html
The "Stand Back" video from the Japan link has LB and looks more like SYW tour.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Well, in the audio for That's Enough for Me, Lindsey says it was the first time they preformed it. That was Rotterdam, June 13, 1980, which was more than halfway through the tour.

I think it was done live. Christine introduces it, which they didn't do for the sound check ones, and there's a loud crowd response, which you don't have for Fireflies, Farmer's Daughter, etc.
Over and Over was played early in the first leg of the tour, but at some point in November '79 they replaced it with Oh Daddy, which was played for most of the tour. They finally brought Over and Over back into the set for the last leg of the tour (August/Sept. 1980)-- the version on the live album is listed as Oklahoma City which would have been August 22, 1980. Think About Me was not added until at least the European leg (June '80) -- fairly late in the tour. Don't Stop was not even played early in the tour but was added in mid-November '79 and became a setlist regular ever since.

That's Enough For Me was most likely only played in Europe (What Makes You Think You're The One was played everywhere else). Save Me A Place was played in '79 (with Christine on guitar and Stevie adding backing harmonies) but was replaced with a solo acoustic Never Going Back Again for the 1980 shows. I've never heard any bootlegs where they actually played The Ledge or IKINW at a show, aside from the rehearsal footage, so if they actually played them, they would have been dropped early in the tour. Blue Letter and Second Hand News were also dropped.

AFAIK Stevie was the only one whose song choices remained consistent throughout the tour.