The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is what gets annoying about being a fan of hers. The endless interviews she gives saying stuff that never happens. Like songs she says she will do live on the current tour ( Gypsy, Silver Springs for the 2007 tour), The Lady bug and Goldfish book or something. The Rhiannon movie or play or whatever she plans to do with that. Lindsey may not have been active much in terms of new music or tours from 83 -2003 but since 2003 he has released 5 albums ( including the box set and the live album) and has a new one on the way. Since 94 we have had 9 SN releases ( only 4 of which were studio albums)

She has wasted allot of years on endless GH tours vs doing these projects she talks about. I hope she does this Rhiannon project but I am cynical given how often she has spoken about it.

In my mind ( and this goes for many artists) I don't get the need to constantly tour and play the same old same old year after year. This year bands like Journey, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, etc were going to go out and do the same tired setlist but at big prices for the fans. I mean I understand if you like the artist but I am always curious what brings you back year after year when the show is virtually the same one you saw the year before and a higher price.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for FM if festival appearances and or select dates are what they have palneed for the future then it really is a sad way to end the legacy of the band. Dispointing to see them milk the past vs making new music for their long time fans.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
As for FM if festival appearances and or select dates are what they have palneed for the future then it really is a sad way to end the legacy of the band. Dispointing to see them milk the past vs making new music for their long time fans.
With the exception of SYW, milking that ancient teat is all they've done since 1997!
Old 05-09-2020, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The magical girl that wrote Dreams and Landslide in minutes and that Christine once called " the mad songwriter" is creatively spent and has been for quite awhile if she is now admitting that she can't sit at a piano and write a song without concentrating on it for some time.
Even if she is, what an incredible legacy she's already built. So many amazing songs that most songwriters would kill to have done.

I think it's really a question of the inspiration of the artist. When she was inspired at the beginning of SAY YOU WILL she came up with the title track and "Illume". The experience of rekindling with Lindsey during THE DANCE produced one of her best songs in years, "Thrown Down". And seeing 'Twilight' inspired her to revise "Lady of the Mountain" into "Moonlight". She can still create amazing songs when the muse moves her to.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Even if she is, what an incredible legacy she's already built. So many amazing songs that most songwriters would kill to have done.

I think it's really a question of the inspiration of the artist. When she was inspired at the beginning of SAY YOU WILL she came up with the title track and "Illume". The experience of rekindling with Lindsey during THE DANCE produced one of her best songs in years, "Thrown Down". And seeing 'Twilight' inspired her to revise "Lady of the Mountain" into "Moonlight". She can still create amazing songs when the muse moves her to.
It’s hard to have a viable muse when living in a bubble.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The experience of rekindling with Lindsey during THE DANCE produced one of her best songs in years, "Thrown Down".
I never understood the love for Thrown Down. To me it sounds like Stevie was trying to recreate the success of Dreams because the bass track sounds the same to me. I loved Dreams but I don't like this song at all. I never listen to it.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s hard to have a viable muse when living in a bubble.
That does happen to a lot of artists as success changes their lives.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That does happen to a lot of artists as success changes their lives.
Not to the lucky/real ones.

I hang out regularly with a Grammy winning artist. He and his girlfriend go out and hang out at bars just like regular people. He doesn't want to be treated like anybody special, just one of the guys. And we all treat him as such.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im sure tambourine goat made it clear NO questions about the man she made so heartbroken that he had a heart attack.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Im sure tambourine goat made it clear NO questions about the man she made so heartbroken that he had a heart attack.
I was just thinking about you yesterday. You've been missed here! I'm glad you're back!!!
Old 05-11-2020, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I’m sure she did too.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was just thinking about you yesterday. You've been missed here! I'm glad you're back!!!
Thanks but I haven't been here because this site has been deader then tambourine witches song writing ability these days.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The magical girl that wrote Dreams and Landslide in minutes and that Christine once called " the mad songwriter" is creatively spent and has been for quite awhile if she is now admitting that she can't sit at a piano and write a song without concentrating on it for some time.
As someone who has written and recorded songs, I find this expectation that any songwriter experienced or not should be able to sit at a piano and bang out a song in five minutes quite unrealistic.

Writing lyrics in five minutes is possible, sure, but it doesn't happen all the time and you don't always have the melody and the lyrics at the same time, then you still have to work out the chords.

I think Stevie's idea of concentrating on it for some time is a good one if she aims to get decent results.

By the way, yes she wrote Dreams in minutes, but before Lindsey's arrangement it was just a boring repetition of the block chords F and G throughout the whole song.

Last edited by secret love; 05-12-2020 at 12:09 AM..
Old 05-12-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
As someone who has written and recorded songs, I find this expectation that any songwriter experienced or not should be able to sit at a piano and bang out a song in five minutes quite unrealistic.

Writing lyrics in five minutes is possible, sure, but it doesn't happen all the time and you don't always have the melody and the lyrics at the same time, then you still have to work out the chords.

I think Stevie's idea of concentrating on it for some time is a good one if she aims to get decent results.

By the way, yes she wrote Dreams in minutes, but before Lindsey's arrangement it was just a boring repetition of the block chords F and G throughout the whole song.
The demo of Dreams is so boring, I can't believe what they did with it. She should be thanking the band for really making that a beautiful song. Not just LB, but all of them really add something to it.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The demo of Dreams is so boring, I can't believe what they did with it. She should be thanking the band for really making that a beautiful song. Not just LB, but all of them really add something to it.
Have to agree with this. I would give John some of the biggest credit on turning that song into what it became. His bass playing throughout is incredible on Dreams.