Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2018 - taking a stock for LB & LB fans

it's that time of the year again. what a crazy whirlwind year this has been!

i can't even begin to understand how it must have been for LB.

it was definitely a strange and actually a pretty great year to be a LB fan.

it was supposed to be great to begin with, the way he had it planned in Nov 2017, when fans last heard of his 2018 plans. at the time he was planning to release a new album in march or april and tour it right after, to be followed by FM tour in the fall 2018. then in january 2018, we've heard that he will be releasing a Best Of album instead of the new solo album to be released later, and that his solo touring plans have been also pushed back somewhat, to the summer. and that he's considering doing a concurrent tour of his solo Best Of, in between Fleetwood Mac dates since SN requested to always have a day off in between every FM date. so LB - and in some cases Christine McVie would have joined for a tune or 2? - was going to do smaller solo shows on the outskirts of the same places where FM was gonna do arena shows. or something like that.

then at the start of february, rumors started to swril in some circles, that LB has been "ousted" from FM and that he's trying to talk to them but there doesn't seem to be anything sensical from FM side.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what i originally planned for 2018:

as a LB fan, i was looking fw to 2018, after a really nice 2017 with 2 very enjoyable legs of BuckVie tour.

i was especially looking fw to the new album and a solo tour in spring - summer. that was going to be fantastic!

as far as FM tour, i didn't care that much for that one, unless they were gonna do Carnival Begin, On With the Show and maybe some new songs - or Walk A Thin Line finally! - i really couldn't care less about FM tour. i figured i'd probably go because i can't resist seeing LB live, but i really prefer him solo or just with Chris over boring stale overpriced Mac tours. i've seen Mac in 2013 and then Classic 5 in 2014/15. as far as LB songs go, there's nothing interesting for me at Mac shows. in 2013 Sad Angel was a highlight, of course, and in 2014/15 i enjoyed him on Christine's songs, and enjoyed the dynamic between him and Christine, with her letting him free-reign guitar solos on her songs - something Nicks have made sure to castrate him on her songs way before any FM shows i attended. i was looking fw to SOTM on 2013 tour, and hated that his guitar parts which make that song for me were basically not there. so yeah, i hated myself in advance, because i knew Mac really offers nothing to me, stale boring setlist, but i probably wouldn't be able to resist going if that's the only way to see LB live in the second part of 2018.

once when rumors about concurrent solo and mac tour started swirling, it became exciting for a month! i was not looking fw to a longer wait for LB solo (we've been waiting since 2013!), but i was not gonna have to go see FM at all in 2018 if he was going to tour concurrently at the same time!
i figured maybe i'd go see FM DC show, in case they actually add an interesting song or 2, but other than that, LB solo was gonna be it for me!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-26-2018 at 06:40 PM..
Old 12-27-2018, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't want to interrupt this string of great posts, but I had been wanting to make a "Thank you, elle" thread, to say thanks for all your activities this year in keeping us Ledgie Luddites apprised of social media goings-on and what not.

Thank you, elle!

...Now, please continue.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I don't want to interrupt this string of great posts, but I had been wanting to make a "Thank you, elle" thread, to say thanks for all your activities this year in keeping us Ledgie Luddites apprised of social media goings-on and what not.

Thank you, elle!

...Now, please continue.
and nothing to thank me for! and, i just started this thread because it seems we had one like that at the end of each year for the last few years, and there has been so much going on LB-wise this year... but as you can see i'm too lazy to write it all out from my perspective so it comes out in spurts.

please please add on guys, this is not supposed to be a thread solely written by a single person!

Old 12-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

2018 really has been a whirlwind for Lindsey. Everything happens for a reason. This frees Lindsey up for another tour in 2019 and new album. Lindsey really has gotten his sea legs with the confidence he can tour by himself. He did a tour with Christine and then he hit the road by himself. The theaters were small but it was a very successful tour. I saw it in his face on stage when he announced the tour next year. He means it and he loves playing his songs.
Because of Stevie we got a fantastic Buck/Vie album and tour. That would have never happened without Stevie's antics. Then we got a sensational Lindsey solo tour.
I always loved Lindsey and was more of a casual fan of his solo work. I can tell you that after his show and listening to his CD in the car everyday has really pulled me across the line to BIG fan.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Truthyfully--this year demonstrated what a pivotal part of FM he is/was. Seeing him playing with the band highlights how he brings FM to life. The energy he brings is indisputable-
Seeing him SOLO--well that demonstrates how amazing he truly is. Undeniably underrated in every way. The absolute joy on his face (both during Buck Vie and on his own) translated to the audience. Everyone had a blast--lead by Lindsey himself. And the cherry the sundae--he is such a nice guy/humble and so grateful for his fans. If I didn't love him before......
On to 2019 LB--can't wait for more
Old 12-29-2018, 05:26 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

................ ok, i'll try to pick up where i left off. April. by that time it was coming from several very different sources that the rumors about LB being kicked out of FM for no good reason are true. we were still not sure. and then at the beginnintg of april it all hit at once. it was true. and the band was trying to cover it up and sweep it under the rug, the dirty deed they did to one of their own.

April was crazy for LB fans out there on social media. and many many people were out there having LB's back! not least of all KB. it was great to have her voice out there, confirming what we were hearing, and having her soulmate's back. if one good thing came out of all the FM bs this year, it's that KB finally got her well deserved respected place in all reasonable parts of FM fandom.

with May 11, we finally got LB's first public appearance, and many fans who made that fundraiser got tro talk to him, take pics, and we got the first taste of how he's doing and of his telling of the story. unlike the band, he was classy.

he said he will release a Best Of his solo work and he wanted to tour it in the fall. we hoped his plans would materialize but it was a long summer waiting til August when we finally got the solo tour dates, album release date, and the dates all went on sale within the 2 days of being announced. that required some fast planning, but at least we had some indication ha was gonna tour so we could kinda plan our fall - and many fans planned to follow LB's tour this time around.

note to LB: would you please release dates at least a week or 2 before they go on sale next time around? like maybe tell us in January (on twitter if nothing else?!) that tour dates will go on sale in Feb? that would be very helpful! thanks much!

once when mid-August hit and the tour dates showed up and went on sale the year all of the sudden started to look fantastic! and he was also giving us 2 new songs with his Solo Anthology ("they made me do it" ).

Old 12-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

note to LB: would you please release dates at least a week or 2 before they go on sale next time around? like maybe tell us in January (on twitter if nothing else?!) that tour dates will go on sale in Feb? that would be very helpful! thanks much!
YES! I totally agree with this. He really needs to check with us first.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
YES! I totally agree with this. He really needs to check with us first.
right? i just don't get it why he doesn't?!

seriously though, i checked the date of his first tweet, and it was Aug 14, the date when all the dates were announced and within like 2 days all tickets went on sale. so they were just setting it all up then.

but now, he's got working social media, so he / his new mgmt or whoever runs it can totaly do it - and they should! many bands and performers give fans a heads up on their social media about their new projects, little snippets of songs, little snippets of rehearsals, or a heads up about the upcoming tour dates or new releases.

there's no reason for LB to keep us in the dark anymore, now when he finally entered 21st century! :P

Old 12-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right? i just don't get it why he doesn't?!

seriously though, i checked the date of his first tweet, and it was Aug 14, the date when all the dates were announced and within like 2 days all tickets went on sale. so they were just setting it all up then.

but now, he's got working social media, so he / his new mgmt or whoever runs it can totaly do it - and they should! many bands and performers give fans a heads up on their social media about their new projects, little snippets of songs, little snippets of rehearsals, or a heads up about the upcoming tour dates or new releases.

there's no reason for LB to keep us in the dark anymore, now when he finally entered 21st century! :P

And he seems to fully embrace it--I think/hope we may see him communicate more with the fans this way
Old 12-30-2018, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a year to be a LB's fan!!! He may not be inducted twice yet, but he certainly got to meet his fans and made many of them happy and proud to be on his side. I was lucky enough to be part of the beginning and the end of his tour. My bank account wasn't so lucky but it will recover with time!

Like many of you have already said here, Lindsey was truly happy to be up there sharing his songs, having fun with his fellow musicians, and putting up with all of us, asking for our favorite songs, for dedications ("what's a dedication?" ), for group shots, and for God knows what else. He was so funny and talkative and humble during M&G! He remembered many of us, was genuinely happy to see us after so many concerts ("hiya!" was probably his funniest way of showing it ), and he was also very receptive of our questions about FM, his next tour, his new album, everything you wanted to ask. I honestly can't picture many FM band members doing that.

By the end of the tour, he was really excited and ready to talk about the next leg (April/May), and his next solo album. He seemed more at peace about his situation with FM, and ready for any kind of scenario this four as*holes want to present him with. But he's definitely moving forward and he seems happy and ready.

Of course he needs to do something about those holes in his shirts. Or that only hole in that unique shirt.

I can't thank him enough for being so genuine and sweet and funny.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2018 taught me to appreciate Lindsey more. His firing forced me to take a closer look at his skill set, and I came away an even bigger fan than before.

I had not listened to Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie, Seeds We Sow, Songs From The Small Machine, or One Man Show. With the exception of the 50% of OMS that is unavailable, I am now familiar with all of these. I also listened for the first time to the bootleg GOS material (thanks to you kind folks who referred me to it after I bumped up an 18-year-old thread). What a treat "Singer, Not The Song" is.

I even checked out the Walter Egan records he produced.

I now find myself a much more educated and appreciative Lindsey Buckingham fan.

Thanks, Fleetwood Mac, for making that happen.

Last edited by cbBen; 01-10-2019 at 06:38 AM..