Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, thankfully there's a lot more to these things than mine or your opinions.

Christine is not the sole reason they didn't do another album and she's not the sole reason they will finally do another one. But, I will be just as glad as everyone else to have new music. However, I don't need her presence to feel it is a "complete" version of Fleetwood Mac and call that blasphemous if you want. I became a fan of the current lineup and being a Buckingham Nicks fan, I think I appreciate nostalgia just as much if not more than the next person. So, I welcome her return from that perspective and will continue to enjoy the band as I have been doing for the past several years.

I don't think the door is shut on Buckingham Nicks - there were far too many pieces in place for that to be totally out. Sound City promoted Buckingham Nicks, Stevie and Lindsey both said it will be released and hinted at a tour, they recorded Without You and sang it every night of the recent tour with Stevie saying she and Lindsey felt Buckingham Nicks was the best album they had ever done almost every night as well. Obviously, with Christine back they don't have time to squeeze in anything with BN right now - they have to rehearse with her and probably finish up the FM album. So, we'll see...

I found them to be far from stale. This tour was amazing in every sense of the word. There was a new energy, I felt. Hopefully, that will continue.
I love Buckingham Nicks.. and I could listen to the album over and over again. but the 4 of them running FMac is so stale to me. It's just two egos instead of a band. It doesn't seem like a band to me and I think that's my issue with them. I need that chemistry and magic that has made them a band and I'm hoping that CM brings it back. The EP was so lame in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, it's been part of a grand plan for the last decade.

Michele
You know full well they both have said in the last two years they were putting that album out and talking about touring. That's not speculation.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Amen! This whole "I am bummed because I really wanted a BN Reunion" flabbergasts me. Really? The last ten years have been BN and they haven't done a heck of a lot to really forge a significant new sound. Say You Will was impressive but fractured. The EP feels like a money grab.

At this point Christine is the best thing for the band. Exactly what Ken Caillat said in his Q and A back in 2005.
The EP was the best they could do without Stevie bringing any new songs to the table.

Quote:
I don't think the EP was a money grab. In fact, I think it was an attempt to be more than a money grab, but the idea of a Buckingham Nicks album is an absurdity at this point. Christine is bringing something fresh to this band, which badly needed to be rejuvenated. But even if she wasn't, even if all she brought was more Rumours, having her back is so much better than having the four.
Exactly. Lindsey, Mick and John recorded 8 new songs, with the hopes of having an album to promote on the, then, upcoming tour.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know full well they both have said in the last two years they were putting that album out and talking about touring. That's not speculation.
I know full well that they were talking about that 10 years ago as well.

Michele
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Ouch That's assuming a lot, no? Pattie has every right to go to as many concerts as she cares to go to, even if the pricing doesn't thrill her. I don't have much money and I go to a lot of their concerts. Lindsey is a high for me, and his music is something I can count on in life when a lot of other things aren't so great, so I prioritize and find a way to see him.

I doubt they think they, themselves, are stale. I'm sure they're all confident enough in their own strengths, and can't see them doubting themselves because she's not there. She's their friend, and bandmate, and I would guess that they're happy to have her back with them, and professional enough to be able to move on without her. I look forward to seeing the five of them together, and I love her voice in the mix, for sure, but, I'm just fine, thank you, with only four, as well...or better still, one.
To each his own, but as I said. I don't see the music chemistry there. I'd much rather have a LB solo album than listen to Stevie and Lindsey droan on through a FMac set. Just my opinion.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love Buckingham Nicks.. and I could listen to the album over and over again. but the 4 of them running FMac is so stale to me. It's just two egos instead of a band. It doesn't seem like a band to me and I think that's my issue with them. I need that chemistry and magic that has made them a band and I'm hoping that CM brings it back. The EP was so lame in my opinion.
I look forward to seeing them with Christine. Maybe I will understand it better in that setting.

I love her, I love her voice and I love her songs. But, I love Stevie & Lindsey more and I didn't feel Christine's absence onstage with the exception of Don't Stop and Say You Love Me. But, I wasn't disappointed in their interpretations, it was just different.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Don't you think Stevie would much rather go about doing another solo project and not do a FMac album if Christine had not come back? I think with Christine back, Stevie has another opportunity to contribute to her main band.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ouch That's assuming a lot, no? Pattie has every right to go to as many concerts as she cares to go to, even if the pricing doesn't thrill her. I don't have much money and I go to a lot of their concerts. Lindsey is a high for me, and his music is something I can count on in life when a lot of other things aren't so great, so I prioritize and find a way to see him.

I doubt they think they, themselves, are stale. I'm sure they're all confident enough in their own strengths, and can't see them doubting themselves because she's not there. She's their friend, and bandmate, and I would guess that they're happy to have her back with them, and professional enough to be able to move on without her. I look forward to seeing the five of them together, and I love her voice in the mix, for sure, but, I'm just fine, thank you, with only four, as well...or better still, one.
Why thank you! I'm just going to drop the whole thing now. It's this whole negative attitude that keeps the good old crew from coming here. Trust me I won't be coming back again.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I love her, I love her voice and I love her songs. But, I love Stevie & Lindsey more and I didn't feel Christine's absence onstage with the exception of Don't Stop and Say You Love Me. But, I wasn't disappointed in their interpretations, it was just different.
I love SnL more than I love Christine. But I love all three of them together more than most other things.

Michele
Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know full well that they were talking about that 10 years ago as well.

Michele
I don't feel like listing all the comments, but they never said it with a definite as they did since 2011. Also, it was remastered earlier last year which was just another sign that it is happening.

Quote:
I look forward to seeing them with Christine. Maybe I will understand it better in that setting.

I love all 3 of them. I just got tired of the politics, music and lack of cohesion without Christine. It seems she might be the glue. I could be wrong.. Stay tuned..
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ditto
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
To each his own, but as I said. I don't see the music chemistry there. I'd much rather have a LB solo album than listen to Stevie and Lindsey droan on through a FMac set. Just my opinion.
Um... I think we're somewhat in agreement then, right? That's the "one" I was talking about.

I wish Christine had come to this decision before last year's tour started. It's not that I don't want her to join them. I'm fine with that, in fact, more than fine with that. But, I had hoped that 2014 would have everyone going back to solo projects. My point was only that because a bunch of Ledgies - people who listen to and discuss their music day in and day out - find their sound stale, hardly means that they, themselves would, or that less passionate fans would, either.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Why thank you! I'm just going to drop the whole thing now. It's this whole negative attitude that keeps the good old crew from coming here. Trust me I won't be coming back again.
I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you do come back more often.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Um... I think we're somewhat in agreement then, right? That's the "one" I was talking about.

I wish Christine had come to this decision before last year's tour started. It's not that I don't want her to join them. I'm fine with that, in fact, more than fine with that. But, I had hoped that 2014 would have everyone going back to solo projects. My point was only that because a bunch of Ledgies - people who listen to and discuss their music day in and day out - find their sound stale, hardly means that they, themselves would, or that less passionate fans would, either.
Ahhh gotcha.. I see your issue now. It's different from mine. You want more Lindsey. And I want more Lindsey, but only if he's with both girls and not just Stevie. We're not far here.