User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Like Christine didn't put in enough work in the 7 years before anybody had ever heard of Lindsey Buckingham? Like Christine didn't put in enough work on the Tango and BTM tours when Lindsey quit? Like Christine's songs weren't good enough to give the BN-era there biggest UK hit?

Pffft. Stevie, smack some sense into him with that tambourine!
Yeah I mean... they're still singing "Don't Stop" without her... so I'm not sure how his logic has any ground to stand on.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
So off topic...sort of on topic, but I know better. Posting anyway.
He'd already tasted power though. Remember when they took Walt, Jr. clothes shopping and he threatened those other boys in the store who were mocking Walt? Remember how inferior he felt when he saw his former colleague's success? His impending death made him crave more than money and gave him the courage to strive for it. He needed to achieve somehow. Just like Lindsey.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pffft. Stevie, smack some sense into him with that tambourine!
This reminds me of Stevie suggesting Mick hit Lindsey with his drum sticks last night, when Lindsey suggested his love for her hadn't gotten him anywhere.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This reminds me of Stevie suggesting Mick hit Lindsey with his drum sticks last night, when Lindsey suggested his love for her hadn't gotten him anywhere.

Michele
HA! Yes!!

The whole show was just amazing last night, wasn't it? Where abouts were you sitting?
Old 09-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that this show did not CLOSE with "Songbird" is a crime. I mean, the one time you can get Chris back on stage with The Mac and she only does one song.......failing to close the show with the MOST ICONIC closing number in Fleetwood Mac concert history! This is ridiculous!

AND LINDSEY......"She can't just come and go"........This is an OUTRAGE!.....
Old 09-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HA! Yes!!

The whole show was just amazing last night, wasn't it? Where abouts were you sitting?
In front of where they put up that Yamaha.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok, peeps, untwist your panties.

this is a teaser meant to create commotion and interest for the upcoming article. she never said anything like the title - same as she never said that she had a candid 90 mins phone call with LB in that earlier article.

look at the words that SN actually said, vs what the author of the text implied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
while McVie, who left the group in 1998, has “just returned to do one song” it could have been “a few songs” if it hadn’t been for one particular stumbling block.

Lindsey [Buckingham] is very funny about that,” Nicks told MOJO’s James McNair. “I think his words were ‘She can’t just come and go’. That’s important to him, but it’s not quite so important to me. Much as Lindsey adores her; and he does – she’s the only one in Fleetwood Mac he was ever willing to listen to – he doesn’t want the first night reviews to be all about Christine’s one song, rather than the set we rehearsed for two months.”
LB is very funny about "that" - funny about what?

she talks about the first night. so her whole statement may have been about why 2nd and 3rd but not 1st night, and not about the number of songs.

we have no idea what "she can't just come and go" is about.

although, when i first saw the headline, i did feel exactly the same as Hawkeye, thinking that even if LB privately said to her exactly what the article implies, why on earth, during these days of exuberance and happiness for both the band and the fans that CM is back at least for a little bit, would SN want to put a damper on all that?????

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

We'll probably never know, even when we get the article, because Stevie doesn't really make linear statements where everything is explained anyway. There are always holes that raise questions about her meaning in the things she says, even when they aren't excerpted out of context.

But I like my panties knotted, Elle.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ok, peeps, untwist your panties.

this is a teaser meant to create commotion and interest for the upcoming article. she never said anything like the title - same as she never said that she had a candid 90 mins phone call with LB in that earlier article.

look at the words that SN actually said, vs what the author of the text implied:

LB is very funny about "that" - funny about what?

she talks about the first night. so her whole statement may have been about why 2nd and 3rd but not 1st night, and not about the number of songs.

although, when i first saw the headline, i did feel exactly the same as Hawkeye, thinking that even if LB privately said to her exactly what the article implies, why on earth, during these days of exuberance and happiness for both the band and the fans that CM is back at least for a little bit, would SN want to put a damper on all that?????
I really appreciate this, coming from you.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We'll probably never know, even when we get the article, because Stevie doesn't really make linear statements where everything is explained anyway. There are always holes that raise questions about her meaning in the things she says, even when they aren't excerpted out of context.

But I like my panties knotted, Elle.

Michele
well, i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, before i see the whole article.

if she actually did paint LB as an a**hole who tried to keep Chris away, taken together with her hogging Christine on the stage yesterday, all the recent sisterhood stories, and implying she has some share in all Mick's hard work to actually make Chris thing happen... well maybe she did have some ulterior motif in revealing all this to the press. we'll see when we get the whole article.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I really appreciate this, coming from you.
thank you!

it was hard but i did it, as you can imagine.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I pulled this comment off of Fleetwood Mac News. This is another aspect of Chris joining the band that I had not though of and it can complicate things a little.

Anonymous said...
When Christine first left the band, she sold all of her rights to Fleetwood mac. Unfortunately under law, she cannot rejoin the band. Lindsey was very displeased when she sold her rights, as I would be too. Don't get me wrong, I love Christine to death, but she never should have sold her rights. Lindsey is watching out for the Mac so they do not get sued.

26 September 2013 14:58

Anonymous said...
Interesting point about the complications over the sold rights impacting the practicalities of performing the classics onstage. Surely she could compose new songs and perform them under a new copyright (the old ones were Gentoo and Fleetwood Mac Music), but we know that's not going to happen. My gut tells me that whoever holds the rights to Christine's song would be willing to license them back to her to perform on tour (which we know won't happen), because the publicity would add value to the catalogue.

26 September 2013 15:28

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...l#comment-form

I know Stevie has not mentioned it, but this must be something the band has discussed as it has to do with how much money each member makes. However, "Don't Stop" is Chris's song, so I would assume that the band is having to pay whoever owns the song for the right to use it on the tour. I don't think publishing could/should not stop her from coming back to the band. The main problem would be the more of Chris's old songs they use the more money they have to pay someone for the privilege of using them.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
this must be something the band has discussed as it has to do with how much money each member makes. However, "Don't Stop" is Chris's song, so I would assume that the band is having to pay whoever owns the song for the right to use it on the tour. I don't think publishing could/should not stop her from coming back to the band. The main problem would be the more of Chris's old songs they use the more money they have to pay someone for the privilege of using them.
and so is Say You Love Me they performed on 2009 tour. sounds like bs argument somebody came up with to me.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and so is Say You Love Me they performed on 2009 tour. sounds like bs argument somebody came up with to me.
Yes, there are different song rights. Christine sold hers, but FM also owns the songs that she made with them and she couldn't sell that ownership and control.

Take that horse commercial, FM gave permission for Everywhere to be used. The money Christine gets as a songwriter is the only right she can sell and that money is the same amount whether she's collecting it or someone else is.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey said what Stevie is telling Mojo, then he has a smaller d...k than I thought.

However, even if she is accurately quoting him, I don't think it helps to publicize this. We're all on the high of Christine's appearance and learning this just sours the experience.

I want Christine to do another album on her own. On her own terms. Hope her recent restlessness spurs her on.