Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Poor Sales??

I don't know what's up with Albany, but I'm a little concerned this show may cancel. There are great seats up the hoozie wahzit available. Tickets.com actually went ahead and released rows 6-11 on the floor yesterday and most of them are still sitting there! I managed to snag 7th row aisle, but what good is it if this show cancels.

Even with the bad economy I'm pretty shocked about this. FM has always almost filled the arena every other time they have been here and Stevie NEVER makes a stop here, so it's not like it's been over-killed.

Are any other cities doing poorly?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm, this worries me a little bit. It is exciting though that great seats are popping up, but the thing is that most people do not want to spend 150 dollars for a couple of hours of entertainment. I've never heard of tickets.com , is it a good site for tickets?

Also, keep us abreast of any sweets seats like these that pop at other venues!!!

Last edited by Musicman408; 12-17-2008 at 12:53 PM..
Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys shoud definitely check stubsearch.com. You can actualy get single tickets for a few shows. There were some first row tickets for $500 or $600-something. Hope the prices will get lower.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
I've never heard of tickets.com , is it a good site for tickets?
It's the same thing as Ticket Master.

The Times Union Center (as well as alot of other venues) use tickets.com to sell their tickets instead of ticket master. It's not a broker site. It's the official one. And great, front seats are just sitting there.

Last edited by SNicksed; 12-17-2008 at 01:22 PM..
Old 12-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
It's the same thing as Ticket Master.

The Times Union Center (as well as alot of other venues) use tickets.com to sell their tickets instead of ticket master.
Thank you for the heads up.

As for the 500 front row seats, that is great that front row is available, but I wouldn't be able to spend more than the 145 dollar ticketmaster top for tickets. Does that make sense?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Thank you for the heads up.

As for the 500 front row seats, that is great that front row is available, but I wouldn't be able to spend more than the 145 dollar ticketmaster top for tickets. Does that make sense?
Yeah, that makes sense. I totally understand you. It's just insane that the tickets are so expensive.

I even got a temp job just so that I can afford a ticket!!

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm not too surprised by this... it's a big arena, it's a weeknight, it's the dead of winter and Albany is smack dab in the middle of Nowheresville. Plus the upstate NY economy is in serious doo-doo right now, and Albany is like the eastern end of the Rust Belt. My hunch is that we will see this repeated all over the Rust Belt, including Rochester and Pittsburgh.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I wonder if this is the reason we are not getting any more dates? It has been 2 weeks now since the first dates have been announced and gone on sale.
Broadway shows are closing so why would people pay big bucks to see Fleetwood Hack?
Maybe the whole tour might go bust and end up being cancelled.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Honestly, I love this band, and hope to see much, much more from them in the future. BUT! I hope they fall flat on their faces with these ticket prices. Asking $150 for tickets for a band whose last top 10 single was during the Reagan era, and also who isn't touring behind any new material is just absurd. Add to it the serious recession we're in, and it's like the band is slapping us in the face AND pissing on us at the same time. I love Fleetwood Mac, I really do... but this whole lackluster money grab tour which they aren't even bothering to take new press pics for, while totally violating our entrails with the ticket prices, just has me FUMING!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, they can't judge yet, IMO.
They are still in the offering crap stage of the game.
The people who are most interested in going, are also interested in sitting closer than the back of the floor of a huge venue. The last minute people who think it might be nice to see the Mac aren't all that fussy, generally (although they may be for close to $200 a seat).

I would actually consider going to Albany, because at least they are offering good seats right off the bat. But, you know, there is the whole winter with the threat of massive amounts of snow which brings cities to their knees thing.

I don't know. I wish ticketmaster would wise up a bit and put some good seats out there early.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Well, they can't judge yet, IMO.
They are still in the offering crap stage of the game.
The people who are most interested in going, are also interested in sitting closer than the back of the floor of a huge venue. The last minute people who think it might be nice to see the Mac aren't all that fussy, generally (although they may be for close to $200 a seat).

I would actually consider going to Albany, because at least they are offering good seats right off the bat. But, you know, there is the whole winter with the threat of massive amounts of snow which brings cities to their knees thing.

I don't know. I wish ticketmaster would wise up a bit and put some good seats out there early.
As evil as Ticketbastard may be, I don't think they have control over how tickets are released or priced. I don't even think FM has control. It is ultimately up to the promoter. I suspect that the VIP packages were a complete bust in Albany, and that they are starting to panic-sell now. I hope the promoters lose their shirts on this tour.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did check Rochester on TM for a single $146 seat and there was nothing in the first 3 floor sections. So take that for what its worth.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
As evil as Ticketbastard may be, I don't think they have control over how tickets are released or priced. I don't even think FM has control. It is ultimately up to the promoter. I suspect that the VIP packages were a complete bust in Albany, and that they are starting to panic-sell now. I hope the promoters lose their shirts on this tour.
Yesterday, every seat in rows F thru L in sections 1 & 3 were released. Many of those are still available.

They have not released rows A-E... yet. Probably won't until March.

This is very similar to the last time Rod Stewart tried to come here. His prices were similar, too. Front floors were available right up to the day they cancelled the show. I don't remember how close it was to the show when they cancelled. Maybe a month.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you try to pull up lower level seats, those are all fronts, next to stage also.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
Yesterday, every seat in rows F thru L in sections 1 & 3 were released. Many of those are still available.

They have not released rows A-E... yet. Probably won't until March.

This is very similar to the last time Rod Stewart tried to come here. His prices were similar, too. Front floors were available right up to the day they cancelled the show. I don't remember how close it was to the show when they cancelled. Maybe a month.
When was Rod supposed to appear there?