User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default An Official Fleetwood Mac Album Debate

It is in my opinion that No FM album come quite close to that of "Tusk"
It is possibly their greatest work. I dont think they have ever or will ever create an album to rival it.

I am interested to hear someone say fleetwood mac have a better album than Tusk.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You won't hear me saying that. So I guess I have nothing to add to this debate, since we agree. But I will say that I thought SYW was a great and surprising endeavor also. Tusk was surprising because it followed Rumours, it sort of had a 'hah, gotcha' feeling to it, just like Lindsey wanted it, but SYW came from a band who hadn't really done any new music together since 1987, and still managed to make a splendid album. So we shouldn't forget that one either, no matter how many people will argue that it was more of a Lindsey solo album mixed in with stuff from other band members. Both Tusk and TITN were like that, so that argument doesn't hold up anymore.

Btw, shouldn't this be in the Rumours folder?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yeah can we move it.....
bummer !!
Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk is the best album ever recorded by anyone.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is totally the least most debatable topic ever. ever !!!!
Shakin up - you're right !

and thats concludes todays heated debate,
join us tomorrow folks for another thrilling topic.
take care of yourself and each other...thanks for watching jerry springer.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Quite possibly, though I wouldn't go that far.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really want to discuss this on the Rumours board, really. The people are all fine, it's just that there are so many.. and this stuff always turns into a Stevie-skew.

That being said, I will follow the other replies and say that Tusk is the best. I like everything on Tusk, except Sara, really. And there's nothing wrong with Sara.. I think it's beautiful. Poetic. I just get tired of it about 5 seconds in. Unfortunate that my favorite parts fall in the middle; I never make an effort to skip to the point where it starts getting good.

And I partially agree on SYW. Everybody sounds great together after all this time.. But the songs just aren't so great to me as most people generally talk them up to be. I understand that this will rub some people wrong, and I'm not trying to take away from anyone's enjoyment of the Mac's triumphant return, but. No. There are a few really great songs.. Thrown Down, Miranda, Peacekeeper, Smile At You, and EFO in particular. Solid, but.. it's kind of evident to me listening to the GLAAD version of Peacekeeper. That version is so much better than the SYW, and that's really unfortunate. Plus, it sucks live.

My other problems with SYW: WTWCT needs a little somethin' for Lindsey's voice. Illume makes me want to barf (not what it's about, but the actual song itself). Say You Will zzzzz what? huh? sorry, i dozed. That whole 10-year-long noodling solo at the end of BTLH, wtf, come on now. The overall sound of Stevie's voice on Destiny Rules, nasal, wobbly. And I'm not mentioning the fact that Silver Girl is the single worst FM song ever, and to drop right after a bomb like RTTG? WTF-ingF? There's your track order problem. It's like, "whoa, hey, where did this stevie song come from? she's really got it back! And Lindsey just blistered that ending!" And then "what is this crap?" "~*it's not crap*~".

Really, SYW is just not up to Tusk. IMO, production-wise, the idea was there. The songs just aren't. And honestly, I think Stevie needs to pick it up. The SYW songs just weren't there. Sweet Girl on the Dance was so good.. you'd think there would be more songs from around the same time. I guess TD, RTTG, and EFO are all we're gonna get.

I don't know what album I would rank 2nd. If it counts, maybe Live. But that's Tusk tour, sooo. Tusk it is. There isn't one better. And without Christine, there probably won't be, no matter how much slack lindsey picks up.

Flame away if you must, but that's how I feel about it and you can't change my mind.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk is truly a masterpiece.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Tusk is a masterwork... plain and simply, superb.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Crap, my sigpic isn't working.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For the "five" era -

I think Rumors is their best record. I love all the song on it and they were all just so great.

Tusk is a cool record, but they sound like less of a band on it.

I LOVE Mirage for Stevie's and CM's songs.

TITN was cool in that 80's glossy way and SYW was just okay with me.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
It is in my opinion that No FM album come quite close to that of "Tusk"
It is possibly their greatest work. I dont think they have ever or will ever create an album to rival it.

I am interested to hear someone say fleetwood mac have a better album than Tusk.
I actually like "Rumours", "Tusk" and "The Dance" all about the same....for different reasons...but about the same level of enjoyment all around.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post

And I partially agree on SYW. Everybody sounds great together after all this time.. But the songs just aren't so great to me as most people generally talk them up to be. I understand that this will rub some people wrong, and I'm not trying to take away from anyone's enjoyment of the Mac's triumphant return, but. No. There are a few really great songs.. Thrown Down, Miranda, Peacekeeper, Smile At You, and EFO in particular. Solid, but.. it's kind of evident to me listening to the GLAAD version of Peacekeeper. That version is so much better than the SYW, and that's really unfortunate. Plus, it sucks live.
I think SYW is great but I do kinda agree. In many ways it feels like two solo albums stuck together, there's no real flow. It was originally intended as a double album and I often wonder if it would have worked better than way.
I do love it though, and yeah, I agree they should have chosen a different song to Peacekeeper to perform on the SYW tour for sure.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I think SYW is great but I do kinda agree. In many ways it feels like two solo albums stuck together, there's no real flow. It was originally intended as a double album and I often wonder if it would have worked better than way.

I am still totally convinced that it would have worked better as a doublepackage. It was Lindsey's intention all the way, and he had to abort the vision he had from the beginning of the project. NEVER again crossfade the vision of genius.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am still totally convinced that it would have worked better as a doublepackage. It was Lindsey's intention all the way, and he had to abort the vision he had from the beginning of the project. NEVER again crossfade the vision of genius.
I agree on that. I do think it would have been even better as a double album, it would've at least left more room. It all seems squished together now. However, that doesn't take away that I think it's still a great album. Maybe because I usually don't listen to the album in order, I just put it on 'shuffle'. The only really, really bad track on it is Silver Girl. Peacekeeper might sound dull live, that doesn't have anything to do with the album itself. And as I mentioned once before, the argument that it sounds like two solo albums thrown together doesn't hold up either. For one, listening to Thrown Down WOS and then to the SYW version, there's a world of difference. Lindsey made Stevie's songs to fit his own ones. Secondly, you could say that about Tusk and TITN also, both Lindsey albums with a flavor of the other members thrown in. And they are ALL great ones.