User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
That's definitely something we should all try to do.

When reading long threads, it can sometimes be difficult to find the actual messages.

"Short, but sweet," is the name of the game.
Johny would you mind deleting this thread? I started it to get some info about why some Stevie fans turned on her when she gained a little weight. Unfortunately, it has turned in to a Stevie bashing! Please.....

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Ledgie

Yes please? I would really appreciate it if this thread was deleted. I think out of respect for my fav person, this thread I find very disrespecting. Stevie doesn't deserve all of those disgusting comments b/c she is just an older(even though she looks young)woman and when u get to about her age, things can just get out of control. In my opinion, she looks great.

Kim
Old 09-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Johny would you mind deleting this thread? I started it to get some info about why some Stevie fans turned on her when she gained a little weight. Unfortunately, it has turned in to a Stevie bashing! Please.....
Hi Christopher... sorry, but I'm only able to delete threads on the main forum I moderate (the Stevie Forum).

You can actually delete it yourself though, since the person who creates a thread has the ability to also delete it.

Just keep in mind that you'll be deleting all the comments... good or bad... that everyone else made, and many posters feel it's bad etiquette when someone deletes their thoughts and opinions.

As the creator of the thread, you also have the option to request that the moderator (Vianna is the moderator of this forum) locks it, so that no additional comments can be added to it.
Some people aren't wild about that either, but at least no one's posts will have been deleted.

Finally, the other option is to just let the thread die out on its own... they all do eventually.

It's your call.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-06-2003 at 06:47 PM..
Old 09-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Ledgie

I do think that if the true fans of Stevie wanted to make sure that Stevie would not be hurt in any way, they would agree and not care if any of their posts on here were deleted.

Kim
Old 09-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Johnny said it best, the thread will die out on its own if people stop posting to it.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 09-07-2003, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GeminiStar03
Ok, i think that Stevie would feelt hurt if she read some of the comments.

.:*KIM*:.
Please! Do you really think Stevie reads these boards? And her weight is a mute point....she was at one time heavier than she should have been and now she's at a healthy weight. A discussion about it has no effect what-so-ever. Let's not get so sensitive and unreasonably polite in our political correctness that we can't even share comments and thoughts, even if they are somewhat negative. Come on....I'm hoping that the majority of the people on this board are intellectually sophisicated to discern the difference between being critical of someone and "bashing" them. There is a big difference. If anyone has the right to be critical of Stevie...it would be her true fans who care about her. Stevie won't crumble into a pile of ashes over criticism of a now non-issue. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-07-2003 at 01:25 AM..
Old 09-07-2003, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
The feeling of unconditional love that she radiates is what is so special.
I like your comment.....
Old 09-07-2003, 05:47 AM
Ledgie

Oh, well i'm just so sorry that I care for people and their feelings...I guess I just have too big of a heart to know what it's like to be criticsized!

Kim
Old 09-07-2003, 08:59 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Ledgie

There was a lot of bashing on here. 4Buck did NOT say that Stevie needed to loose weight for her health and Stevie is NOT to a weight size where she would need to loose weight for her health! I think that you are so wrong on that person just saying that she was not being disrespectful to Stevie. I was on this thread to inform that person that they're wrong and they must not know anything about this band b/c the pics I posted on here were NOT from The Dance, they were from some of the latest shows that Stevie has played. I know that this thread is far from dieing out and I think that it should just be delted. If there was any respect for this woman, people would realize that this thread got out of hand by bashing such a beautiful person. How do u know that Stevie would not come on here? You don't know that. Most celebs like to check out what their fans are talking about and if they're enjoying their shows. You can't tell me that you did not know that? Another thing, you must not know what it is like to be put down and made fun of, and called gross. If anything, you were probably one of those popular jocks or cheerleaders in HS b/c those are the people that had not respect what so ever!

Kim
Old 09-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think some of their peeps read fan boards. Back when the tour first started I remember a thread about how lousy Lindsey dressed in the Fruit of the Looms. About a week later he started wearing the white shirt and not just his underwear. Did he get the word?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GeminiStar03
If anything, you were probably one of those popular jocks or cheerleaders in HS b/c those are the people that had not respect what so ever!
Kim
Oh my god! Okay, Kim. You're right...I don't know for sure if Stevie reads these boards. It was an assumption (among many on these boards).

As such, your assumptions are way off base...I was neither a cheerleader or a popular jock! Far from it! lol But how dare you make those bigoted generalizations and infer that I have no respect for people. I take great offense to that statement! Apparently you have no respect for any other view than your own.
(I'll let that pass)

Guess what?
I've been a devout fan of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac since 1977. I've grown up with the band and loved them through all of their different phases. Stevie's weight was never a condition of how much I respected and loved her. (Of course, I think we all just want her to be happy and healthy.)

Your over-the-top, impassioned retort (and others like it) serves perpetuate this thread. Fanning the fire so to speak.
To have what seems to be a over-protective, evangelical view of Stevie -- to the point where you want to ban the subjects you find distasteful....well that has nothing to do with weight, but it has everything to do with censorship. I am deeply offended by that prospect.

Yes, I understand the subject of weight is a sensitive one! And yes, I can now see that some people have taken the opportunity to post perceivably disrespective pot-shots. But any subject is susceptable to pot shots! What other subjects should be off limits? You may not always like what you read, but that is the price for FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

It seems very wrong to put dictates on what subjects are appropriate for discussion. I can understand deleting single
posts that are completely over-the-top. That is completely reasonable. But think about who really writes those kinds of posts--intended to anger, provoke and insult? Obviously they are not genuine, respectful fans. They do it for a reaction. And they succeed when we react. No one has to defend Stevie against these idiots. There's no sense in trying to reason with them. Ignore them.

Forgive me for this rambling discourse. Never meant it to be this lengthy. I work in the field of journalism and censorship is a sensitive subject for me. Ironically, I wish this thread would die out too. I just don't want to see a periodic, systematic deletion of threads because some Ledgies find certain subjects uncomfortable and disrespectful.

Maybe after reading this, most Ledgies will be too bored and tired to post, and the thread will die. lol

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-08-2003 at 03:02 AM..
Old 09-08-2003, 07:50 AM
joe

PenguinHead....i completely agree with you.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Stevie's Weight...

Yikkeesss! Lindsey wears his favorite
comfy T-shirts...and his hair is wild !!!
Stevie is a little heavy...me too sometimes!

Could you put on a show like The Mac?
Geezzzzz! The MUSIC is what counts!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:44 AM
joe

i can understand both sides of the arguments regarding this topic....however, i don't see anything wrong with discussing "Stevie's weight". It is a completely separate thing from everything else. Essentially, it's just a topic. If she weighed 110 pounds and we wanted to start a thread called "Stevie's weight" we could do as such and what would it matter? By the same token, we could start a thread called "Stevie's height", "Stevie's hair", "Stevie's brown eyes" etc etc etc.
It's blasphemous to think that this thread would be deleted or even banned in the future. To me, that IS censorship. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But the constant "what does her weight have to do with her music etc...?" it doesn't. you're absolutely right. neither does her shoes, clothes (black dress), hair, make up etc....it doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it. i didn't think people were getting harsh here. ok, maybe one in particular (you know who you are).

I think that the fact that we're all here spending time and energy on this message board shows that we all love and care for FM (and its various members) beyond the casual fan. That, in itself, says quite a bit.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinHead
And her weight is a mute point....
I'm not trying to disparage your post - I think your comments are very intelligent. I agree that this thread should not be deleted because of its touchy subject matter, although I do see bashing going on. However, you've stumbled across a pet peeve of mine. The correct term is "moot" point.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-08-2003 at 01:10 PM..