User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
She has some nice Christmas ideas, but I'd get claustrophobic in this room...especially on that couch or in the chair....and maybe I am misreading it and she didn't design this.

[On edit -- Curiosity Questions -- can anyone read the stamp on the window?]
I don't like this room, & I don't like a lot of her designs, especially in her and Lindsey's own house. but maybe it's just too weird for my taste. What is with the pile of pears on the floor? Wouldn't a pet try to eat them, my dog would try to roll in them
Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, you know how Lindsey loves croquet!
i vaguely remember reading somewhere that he always had croquet in his back yard, way before he was married or living in the current house. or maybe that was Mick? maybe i'm just hallucinating
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
What is with the pile of pears on the floor? Wouldn't a pet try to eat them, my dog would try to roll in them
you think she replaces them every couple of days before they all go bad?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
This is a possibility, when you have money coming from everywhere it's probably safe to say. Screw feeding starving kids in Africa, rich people Decorate their house with fruit. Ahhh...some day.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
: Decorate their house with fruit. Ahhh...some day.
actually, i decorate my kitchen / dining combo room with fruit, but it stays in glass bowls - and normal amount that can actually be eaten before it goes bad so it serves dual purpose - to entice my kids to eat something healthy and to add different color every few days without having to buy fresh flowers.

(sorry i'm one of those people who likes watching hgtv and can discuss design forever)
Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Quote:
This is a possibility, when you have money coming from everywhere it's probably safe to say. Screw feeding starving kids in Africa, rich people Decorate their house with fruit. Ahhh...some day.

I gotta wonder: why does she have a ton of pears in one corner of the room on the floor? Maybe she was trying to get the kids and Lindsey to eat healthy and, like my cockatiel when we give him a new snack he doesn't like, threw it all on the floor.

Or maybe she has horrible design sense and thought pears on the floor would look cool or something

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post

I gotta wonder: why does she have a ton of pears in one corner of the room on the floor? Maybe she was trying to get the kids and Lindsey to eat healthy and, like my cockatiel when we give him a new snack he doesn't like, threw it all on the floor.

Or maybe she has horrible design sense and thought pears on the floor would look cool or something
Probably the latter
Old 12-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's not her home. The pears are not on the floor of her house. That's the place where she works.

The pears are kind of amusing. I just got a Harry and David catalog and it was FULL of pears. Every page. It was rather startling. I don't know how those pears got precedence over all other fruits.

Michele
Old 12-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She seems to be a real cluttery kinda gal. Remember that one picture of their home with all the picture frames? She likes to fill rooms up to the brim with frames, books, pillows. It just doesn't stop. It's like a clean, open space frightens her. I hope Lindsey doesn't wake up to get a drink of water some night, trip over some kind of bric a brac and break his hip.

Kristen, pretty soon you're going to have to start designing around ramps, wheel chairs and walkers. Think ahead.

Michele
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Merry Christmas California Style !!!

Croquet anyone???? Yatzee on the lower level !!!
Better than our 18* amidst a snow storm!!! (*o*)
Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She seems to be a real cluttery kinda gal. Remember that one picture of their home with all the picture frames? She likes to fill rooms up to the brim with frames, books, pillows. It just doesn't stop. It's like a clean, open space frightens her. I hope Lindsey doesn't wake up to get a drink of water some night, trip over some kind of bric a brac and break his hip.

Kristen, pretty soon you're going to have to start designing around ramps, wheel chairs and walkers. Think ahead.

Michele
No offense, but I could see that happening. With the random pears on the floor and tons of furniture, he could be playing his axe from a wheelchair next tour.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys made me laugh but you got me thinking last night and I guess fruit has always been used for decoration.

That must be why my grandma always had that wooden bowl of wax fruit at her house. The grapes would get pulled off of their fake vines and they were the hardest to keep dust free. I can remember tossing around some of the other items and I'd be told to put them down. Why? Were they afraid I'd hurt the plastic?

It's great to decorate with food you can eat, but I also see people decorate with lemons and limes too, which you can't really chow down on. They put it in big glass bowls. They do have a wonderful scent.

Michele
Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys made me laugh but you got me thinking last night and I guess fruit has always been used for decoration.
Well YA, but she over decorated with em! There's an abundance of them on the floor and it doesn't look very nice. IMO
Old 12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's not her home. The pears are not on the floor of her house. That's the place where she works.

The pears are kind of amusing. I just got a Harry and David catalog and it was FULL of pears. Every page. It was rather startling. I don't know how those pears got precedence over all other fruits.

Michele
My parents ordered one of the pear trays from Harry & David and then were told they couldn't complete the order. I guess I know where all the pears went!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
My parents ordered one of the pear trays from Harry & David and then were told they couldn't complete the order. I guess I know where all the pears went!
If you have ever had the Harry & David pears, you would know that they wouldn't be thrown about on the floor in some kind of random interior designer's whimsical excuse for decorating. Those suckers would be scarfed down in seconds! DE-LISH!!