The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Did You See Fleetwood Mac on The Unleashed Tour??
Yes 76 80.85%
No 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I was lucky enough to see 25 all together.
Wanna trade lives? I'm sure you'd love to go back to high school. It's thrilling, I promise.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Sick of Lindsey? How is that possible!?!
Well, I was mainly referring to his overly frequent trips to my market for shows. He loves the Portland area; friends of mine have spotted him all over town- even on days that don't correspond with any tour itinerary. The one time I ran into him (and whats-her-name), I was taken quite off guard.

But, anyways, Lindsey knows me from years back. He went out of his way to notice & spot me in Portland on the UTS tour (with a rather awkward & deliberate point, Mirage video style), and found me again on the GOS tour. After one song, he motioned to me (6th row on the aisle.. venue was practically empty), referring to the front section (empty) and looking confused. I threw my hands up. During one of the later songs (I'm So Afraid? World Turning? I don't know, it all blends together, honestly), I was practically falling asleep in my chair. Lindsey came over to my side of the stage, yelled (away from the microphone, but still audible in the small venue), which caught my attention- turns out he was looking at me, seemingly annoyed that I was bored. I shrugged and pointed to my wrist.

I guess Lindsey & I aren't friends anymore.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Similar sentiments here (re no new material)...although my first FMac show was in '74 and I DID see them on the Say You Will tour. And, despite my rantings here about Buckingham & Nicks, I have to admit, I DO kind of regret not seeing them and keeping my streak alive. But, DavidMN has taken up the slack for me.
I went because I've seen one show on every UK tour since 1973 so I didn't want to "Break the Chain" and also it might be the last time (mind you I thought that for the SYW tour so what do I know)

They were pretty good I have to say but it did strike me as being the Lindsey Buckingham show. Stevie wasn't that animated but I think she's not too good these days with shows on consecutive nights (I went to Wembley on the 31st Oct)

Gail
Old 11-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the Mac three times on the Unleashed tour -- my first times ever seeing the band perform.

I went to the first show of the tour -- Pitts PA -- All-Access 14th row aisle seat on Lindsey's side.

Then I went to both MSG shows: 1) All-Access 14th row aisle seat on Lindsey's side. 2) 2nd row, so stood right up at the stage, Lindsey's side -- Normal ticket (who knew?)

Favorite show: The first MSG was a work a work of art; the second MSG was a party.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well as there isn't an "Intending to see them" button I can't vote. 11th December for me...
Old 11-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Twice!

After 19 years The Mac was back in the low countries. I simply don't want to speak about the debacle of the Time-line up in 1994 :-)

Alas, it was 5 years after I saw them last in Germany during the SYW-tour and i saw Mac in Antwerp...glued to the stage on the very very very first row at the feet of mr. Buckingham (could touch his pedals I wanted to) and saw them in Rotterdam (the day after) from 5th row (all standing) or something.

I were two magical nights and I wish all the Aussies and Kiwis the time of your life at the shows!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
After 19 years The Mac was back in the low countries. I simply don't want to speak about the debacle of the Time-line up in 1994 :-)

Alas, it was 5 years after I saw them last in Germany during the SYW-tour and i saw Mac in Antwerp...glued to the stage on the very very very first row at the feet of mr. Buckingham (could touch his pedals I wanted to) and saw them in Rotterdam (the day after) from 5th row (all standing) or something.

I were two magical nights and I wish all the Aussies and Kiwis the time of your life at the shows!
Yeah, the "Time"-tour visited Flanders too. I think it was in De Hallen @ Kortrijk, which shows you how small they were back then. I don't even know if that place is still used for concerts.

Last edited by Lindsey Jr.; 11-12-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paris, October 17th, front row
It was probably the best night ever!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Fleetwood Mac (Stevie!!!!) in real life!!! Have already told you my story about Stevie holding my hand and bla, bla, bla...lol
Best day in my life, no doubt!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yep My friend and i saw them in Sheffield, excellent, excellent and more excellent (if there is such a thing) And if anyones tired of seeing Lindsey in the states could they send him over here please!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I opted out because I didn't have an interest in a Greatest Hits tour. When the kids have new material to support, I'll be up front in bells and whistles!
suppose you don't like the new stuff?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

I saw them opening night in Pittsburgh, Rochester NY, Toronto, and Cleveland. I would've gone to more but I kinda ran out of money.

And I've seen Lindsey solo....a lot. Still not tired of him! If I can drive there/find a cheap flight, find a decently priced hotel, and get a ticket; I'd be there

Wish I could go to NZ!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course!!! I wouldn't ever miss them EVER! I saw our Houston, TX show May 2nd, and had the best time ever! I went with a good friend of mine, and met up with several others! Nothing like FM fans!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope....like others have mentioned ....wasn't interested in spending my $$ for a greatest hits tour.....amoung other things......I personally don't feel that I've missed anything really......but I am happy for all those who went & had a great time.......to each his/her own......its all good......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, saw them in New Orleans. Didn't really know them before; fell in love with them that night.