Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Viva Las Vegas!!!

Well, I am back from Vegas! My three friends and I flew in on Tuesday and came home late yesterday. Really tired still!

Well I didnt even get a ticket until 5pm before the show- Sect B, Row V Seat 1... at least I had a seat in the front section - so I figured I had good sneaking odds in my favor....

So I finally get in and security is at almost every few rows doing ticket checkpoints.... long story short I had to do a little maneuvering, but I got up to the front of the stage to the right of Lindsey's mic! I was tempted to move over to Stevie's side, but I had never stood on LB's side all night, AND I didnt want to risk getting tossed out of there so I stayed put and it payed off!

The show had two energy levels: from Monday Morning til before GDW was your average FM show - but Gold Dust Woman threw on a swritch or something ....Stevie was in rare form and threw the whole rest of the show into total overdrive... (If there is VIDEO out there, YOU MUST SEE IT!)

The rest of this show was just amazing... after World Turning, just before the band intros Mick had to stop and catch his breath saying something like "I dont know what got into us tonight!"

Being on that side of the stage I had a really good view of Mick and I tended to watch him very often throughout the show... man he was intense! and my attention did not go unnoticed! at the end of Dont Stop he came over to me and gave me BOTH of his stick!!! Yes, I said it! BOTH of them! I didnt think it could get better than Philly's show... but It DID

I gotta go, but I will post the show details later... THERE ARE A LOT!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post

Being on that side of the stage I had a really good view of Mick and I tended to watch him very often throughout the show... man he was intense! and my attention did not go unnoticed! at the end of Dont Stop he came over to me and gave me BOTH of his stick!!! Yes, I said it! BOTH of them! I didnt think it could get better than Philly's show... but It DID
Both sticks. How amazing. Mick is a crazy man and he gives so much to Lindsey and Stevie's energy. He is a bigger FM fan than any of us in the end. Yes, do come back with more details. Sounds like you had a fantastic night.

Michele
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have not been reading the reviews on here for the latest shows so I dont know how much of this is new and how much is similar to other shows.

Stevie came out with a shorter version of the old Frankenboks which was a little disappointing, but I know the pain she has been dealing with, so I got over it fast. She had a pair of gloves on with glittery fringe hanging from the knuckles. I think they looked pretty ridiculous, but I am no fashion critic...

There arent many times when I have said I REALLY enjoyed a Rhiannon performance, but this one was great... especially the end, she just nailed it. I kinda thought, ok that was the song she focused on to nail for the night and this should be an average show otherwise...

The show continued as usual.... then....

Gold Dust Woman was just the most intense performance I have seen in person by far! Stevie was out to prove herself for sure. She held out the "She's a draaaaagon" part out til next tuesday and did a new variation of the "Shadows" part that I have never heard before. The best part was instead of the usual pose at the end she started going into these mini convulsions where she was swaying and shaking while Mick did the final "thump thump"s and gong outro. It was a vision! When the lights came up she turned around and the crowd went NUTS and she took a much deserved bow and then shook here finger out at the crowd as if she was thinking "Don't count me out yet!"

The 'boks were on until Stand Back when she came out with the ankle high platforms. She also came out with TWO shawls on for Stand Back! One was a white one and on top of that was a black one. She ripped into it so hard in the beginning that she totally messed up the entire second verse. I looked over at the girls and shook my head and laughed and Jana saw me because I saw her smile at me. Stevie also changed up the "he said take me" lines and said "he said take it all!" each time. She was just one fire at this point and did more twirls than I have seen her do in a VERY long time.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She had a pair of gloves on with glittery fringe hanging from the knuckles. I think they looked pretty ridiculous, but I am no fashion critic...
Yes, I kind of liked the way they went with the sparkly detail on the dress. I prefer those to the full leather gloves.

I am way into the "take it all" on Stand Back.

So, did Mick say anything when he gave you the drum sticks? What were the people around you doing? Did they ask you to touch them? Just think to yourself those are the same drum sticks he used to orchestrate Stevie's GDW convulsions .

Michele
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have not been reading the reviews on here for the latest shows so I dont know how much of this is new and how much is similar to other shows.

Stevie came out with a shorter version of the old Frankenboks which was a little disappointing, but I know the pain she has been dealing with, so I got over it fast. She had a pair of gloves on with glittery fringe hanging from the knuckles. I think they looked pretty ridiculous, but I am no fashion critic...

There arent many times when I have said I REALLY enjoyed a Rhiannon performance, but this one was great... especially the end, she just nailed it. I kinda thought, ok that was the song she focused on to nail for the night and this should be an average show otherwise...

The show continued as usual.... then....

Gold Dust Woman was just the most intense performance I have seen in person by far! Stevie was out to prove herself for sure. She held out the "She's a draaaaagon" part out til next tuesday and did a new variation of the "Shadows" part that I have never heard before. The best part was instead of the usual pose at the end she started going into these mini convulsions where she was swaying and shaking while Mick did the final "thump thump"s and gong outro. It was a vision! When the lights came up she turned around and the crowd went NUTS and she took a much deserved bow and then shook here finger out at the crowd as if she was thinking "Don't count me out yet!"

The 'boks were on until Stand Back when she came out with the ankle high platforms. She also came out with TWO shawls on for Stand Back! One was a white one and on top of that was a black one. She ripped into it so hard in the beginning that she totally messed up the entire second verse. I looked over at the girls and shook my head and laughed and Jana saw me because I saw her smile at me. Stevie also changed up the "he said take me" lines and said "he said take it all!" each time. She was just one fire at this point and did more twirls than I have seen her do in a VERY long time.
Yeah, I don't understand those new leather gloves with the silver strings either. They remind of something that should be worn in one of the X-Men movies.

However, it sounds like a rocking show!! Glad to hear Stevie is back in form and messing up songs again!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Yeah, I don't understand those new leather gloves with the silver strings either. They remind of something that should be worn in one of the X-Men movies.
Yeah, I described them to my girlfriend as "Wolverine" gloves!

To continue my post:

The rest of the show was EXTREMELY high energy...

Lindsey's work on ISA was especially great (made me wish I was over there!!)

Mick, as mentioned, was FIERCE! He played an extended solo during World Turning and I didnt think he wanted to stop then either!

I am drawing a blank on more details, but I have a couple crummy camera phone pics that I will post
Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

So, did Mick say anything when he gave you the drum sticks? What were the people around you doing? Did they ask you to touch them? Just think to yourself those are the same drum sticks he used to orchestrate Stevie's GDW convulsions .

Michele
He looked at me with this Devilish grin and squinty eyes right before walking over to me. I dont remember him saying anything though... I made this motion on my shoulders like I was getting knighted with them and he got a chuckle out of it!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick, as mentioned, was FIERCE! He played an extended solo during World Turning and I didnt think he wanted to stop then either!
I love what they're doing now, walking back onto the stage and gathering around the drum kit and just staring at Mick as if entranced, while he bangs away. It's almost as if they're mesmerized and vibrating, his drum beats pulsing through them. It's a long moment before they turn away from him and conclude the song.

Michele
Old 06-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default my boss went to the Las Vegas show..

My boss traveled out to the west coast last week for a vacation with her friend from India and went to the Vegas show. My boss isn't a fan, but her friend is and wanted to go.

My boss' thoughts were that they were very good, but loud. She thought Stevie was intriguing with her shawls and spins and loved her voice. However, she did say that she thought the guitar player was the power behind the band - she thought Lindsey was amazing!

Anyways, her friend called and my boss asked me to come into the office and we had a conference call about the band - her friend wanted to know all about Lindsey and Stevie's past - so I filled her in... it was a cool way to spend 30 minutes at work yesterday. I'm also loaning her my Mick Fleetwood book for her to read before she heads back to India - I told her she could borrow only if I get it back since it is out of print!

and my boss bought me 2 souvenirs - 1) a Navajo Folk Art handcarved wood figurine from the Grand Canyon; and 2) a black Fleetwood mac beenie from the concert.. yep, I have a pretty cool boss.

Back to the East Coast - for those fans going to the Baltimore show - it's a great sounding venue for concerts. I saw U2 there a few years back and the sound it so much better than the Verizon Center in D.C. oh - and if you haven't gotten a tix yet, keep checking because yesterday section 2 row F seats were popping up (6th row). See you in Baltimore!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

ohwell

gyow
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That is my video. lol - I have a few of them on my youtube from the show.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN View Post
That is my video. lol
hehe I usually do beat you to the post, don't I? Thanks..your videos kickass!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
hehe I usually do beat you to the post, don't I? Thanks..your videos kickass!

Lmao ! Yes you do !

I was surprised that I didn't get any crap from security, I was taking pics like the paparazzi ! Took a few videos, already posted them up on youtube!

Damn, that show was AWESOME!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN View Post
Lmao ! Yes you do !

I was surprised that I didn't get any crap from security, I was taking pics like the paparazzi ! Took a few videos, already posted them up on youtube!

Damn, that show was AWESOME!!!!!
Lately, it seems that security doesn't care what you do with the cameras, as long as you don't use flash. I wonder if the instructions that the band is giving about cameras have changed. At the Staples center, my camera actually went off and beeped when the guy wanded me. I thought that meant a trip back to my car. But he said "What's in your jacket." He was holding the jacket and I know it was heavy and, at that point, lying would be futile. I said it was a camera and he just let me through.

I thought I got a really tolerant guy, but maybe everyone was letting cameras in.

Michele