The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Most Likely to Get Dropped (spoilers)

OK now that we know the set list, there's a 90 percent chance we are going to see one of the songs dropped over the next few shows. Here are my predictions in order of what I feel is likely not what I want:

1. Oh Well
2. Say You Love
3. Go Insane
4. Monday Morning (just go back to the opener they're used to)
5. Silver Springs (or they'll drop from the other end)
6. I Know Im Not Wrong
7. Storms (Ill burn the arena down)

Now here's what they should or what I want for them to drop:

1. Sara or Gypsy for Sisters or Angel
2. NGBA for Save Me a Place so it could go SMAP into Storms.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Registered

How was the crowd reaction for each song? Were one (or more) of these songs received better than the others?

That said, "Oh Well" is a mortal lock to be gone by next week.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Well - I loved this and it got a great response. It wouldn't hurt for LB to intro the song a little bit...pay some homage to Peter and let everyone know the song's significance. If Second Hand News gets an introduction???

Say You Love Me - people were singing and dancing along.

Go Insane - I would agree this is a candidate. It sounded just fine but I could see it going away...

Monday Morning - I see this being the opener for the tour. It went over well and almost segued right into The Chain.

Silver Springs - they captivated the audience with this one and would be fools to drop it now.

IKINW - I love it but not many people know this one. Again, no intro here, but one on Second Hand News? I don't get it.

Storms - I think they actually worked hard at this one and like Silver Springs in 1997 and Beautiful Child in 2003-04, it is here for the tour.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is basically a repost from another thread, but I predict Storms will be dropped pretty quickly. It went over like a lead balloon. Stevie didn't seem very confident singing it, and even seemed apologetic when it was over. It's just too slow for the stage. And it's hard for me to say this, because it's one of my all time favs.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Drop Oh Well. Don't count on anything being added. Just try to hold on to what you've got.

I think Storms went over well. I don't think the audience was bored. They were reverent. But it was kind of funny when Stevie said that those who don't know the song will know it after tonight. Was that an introduction or a threat?

Michele
Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

DO NOT, I REPEAT! PLEASE DO NOT DROP SARA. We have waited this long.
Drop stand back. Replace it with SOTM.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Drop Oh Well. Don't count on anything being added. Just try to hold on to what you've got.

I think Storms went over well. I don't think the audience was bored. They were reverent. But it was kind of funny when Stevie said that those who don't know the song will know it after tonight. Was that an introduction or a threat?

Michele
Yeah I too thought Storms went over quite well. That's the thing about opinions though, they are subjective and we could all have a different opinion of the song even if we all heard it at the same time. To me it appeared the crowd was into it and that it went over well, but I can certainly understand someone else thinking it flopped. Our sections may have just been more into it.

To be honest, I thought World Turning was the biggest flop of the night. It does not belong as a first encore song. And the crowd seems to lose interest and sits down during Mick's solo. The encore should be exciting and loud and should keep the crowd moving.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yeah I too thought Storms went over quite well. That's the thing about opinions though, they are subjective and we could all have a different opinion of the song even if we all heard it at the same time. To me it appeared the crowd was into it and that it went over well, but I can certainly understand someone else thinking it flopped. Our sections may have just been more into it.
I thought it went over really well too. People were quiet because they were listening intently.

The only song I thought didn't fare maybe as well as others was Say You Love Me. Everything else had tremendous audience reaction. The crowd was really into it, and the band as a result.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh Well should be dropped. Lindsey, as brilliant as he is, doesn't really know how to play the blues.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
DO NOT, I REPEAT! PLEASE DO NOT DROP SARA. We have waited this long.
Drop stand back. Replace it with SOTM.
Agreed. Totally. Drop Stand Back, bring us Sisters of the Moon...
Old 03-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Don't drop any song..

the setlist is already a bit too short.. :-) and I will join Hawkeye on the burning down of the arena if they drop Storms. I just viewed the video clip (3 times) and thought it was beautiful.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
the setlist is already a bit too short.. :-) and I will join Hawkeye on the burning down of the arena if they drop Storms. I just viewed the video clip (3 times) and thought it was beautiful.
I totally agree. It was awesome, I nearly cried. That has always been a touching song to me. Always. I am glad she did it. It was subtle, strong, vulnerable, and breataking.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just because a song doesn't go over well does not get it dropped. I doubt "Oh Well" or "Storms" would get dropped just because these are the "selling points" of the tour, these are the songs that they have been talking about, they aren't going anywhere.
"Oh Daddy" brought the show to a screeching halt on the '97 tour, yet it remained for the life of the tour (and remained in it's spot right after "Stand Back" which was totally wrong for it). On the opening night of the "Dance" tour they did "Eyes Of The World" which went over very well, but was dropped the following night and wasn't done at all again (it was replaced by "Second Hand News").
If anything I can see "Storms" and "Silver Springs" switching places. Lindsey won't be dropping any of his songs, but Stevie might drop "Gypsy" or "Sara".
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This is basically a repost from another thread, but I predict Storms will be dropped pretty quickly. It went over like a lead balloon. Stevie didn't seem very confident singing it, and even seemed apologetic when it was over. It's just too slow for the stage. And it's hard for me to say this, because it's one of my all time favs.
Don't kill me but I don't think Storms was the best choice for a "new" Stevie song. I love it but IMO there are others (Sisters, Angel) that would have been better. But I'm sure I'll love it when I'm actually hearing it live (assuming it's not dropped).
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish Stevie would keep her "soft" voice sometimes. What I'm hearing (on You Tube-Storms) is what I've been hearing for a while; she belts out songs (or parts of songs) that used to be sung softly. She does it on Gold Dust Woman now, too. Is it harder to sing in that raspy soft voice?