Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Not really. With a few isolated exceptions, the first leg (Columbus thru Portland or so) was 100% AEG/Concerts West (the exceptions being a couple dates where they co-pro'd with Clear Channel). Conversely, the '04 tour was mostly Clear Channel sheds. The big disasters on the SYW tour (Grand Forks, and the canceled Memphis show) were ineligible for make-goods or give-backs to their respective promoters, because said disasters literally bankrupted them. AEG/Concerts West came away pretty well, after all was said and done.

The '04 tour was basically the only way they could make second trips to most major markets, and attempt third, or in a few cases, FOURTH trips to a market. Clear Channel offered the only viable model for them to play venues with a palatable (read: moderately lucrative) seating capacity/gross potential. While the band got no g'tee upfront, they did receive 90-95% of the gate after expenses (Clear Channel makes most of their revenue off shed shows by selling lucrative sponsorships to their summer concert season). When one date didn't work out (ex. Tinley Park, their fourth Chicago date in less than a year), the band & CCE made the joint decision to switch it out for another (Scranton). If this sounds familiar, they just did the same thing on the Unleashed tour, putting the Albany date out of its misery and replacing it with a 2nd date in Toronto.
Luke I will make one minor correction on your comparison of 09 VS 04. I was in the middle of all those cancelled shows. I had tickets for D.C on May 26, Holmdel May 29, Scranton June 1, and Camden June 3. Stevie became ill anad they had to rearrange alot of those shows at that time. That was a major headache believe me.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
Let it die... You don't know me. Get off it, please. Just let it die.
Look, I'm not saying you're not a "true fan", I'm just saying that if people can't afford to go it doesn't make them any less of a fan. I have no idea why you would post your opinions on a public forum if you don't want people to respond to them.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let it die... You don't know me. Get off it, please. Just let it die.
Wow, you really dont get it do you? I've been to alot of shows, and spent alot of money on everything related to Fleetwood Mac, but you dont see me thumping my chest trying to assert my "Superiority" by talking down to other fans. You're just making an ass out of yourself when you do that. Cmon man just let off the gas pedal a little k?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
The prime years were 75-80 and there is no disputing it.
And even during those prime years (when the band sold albums & singles, concerts, & magazines), there were occasional unfilled arenas & albums that didn't rise quite to the top of the charts & awards that went to other acts & all that. It was a running theme throughout the Tusk tour. Despite the tour's doing well (Billboard reported that it was the best-selling tour that year for arenas), the press treated advance announcement of many shows -- like those here in L.A. -- as occasion to wonder whether the schedule was overreaching. Not only was there a recession at the time, but the band itself was not as stratospherically popular in 1979 as it had been in 1977. It had faded somewhat, even then. Not all five nights at the Forum sold out, & only the first night at the Hollywood Bowl sold out. Fleetwood Mac wasn't as cool in 1979 as it was in 1976 or the year after. Aside from statistics & other data, it's a feeling in the air. I remember it & maybe you remember it.

Quote:
But I got what I could get when I could get it. And I had my fill.

It was past her peak, and the peak of the band, but it was damn sure my peak.
Good post, Sparky!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I have my minimum price to leave the house. Everyone does.
i don't.

rock star post.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Wow, you really dont get it do you? I've been to alot of shows, and spent alot of money on everything related to Fleetwood Mac, but you dont see me thumping my chest trying to assert my "Superiority" by talking down to other fans. You're just making an ass out of yourself when you do that. Cmon man just let off the gas pedal a little k?
I am not talking down to anyone. I just post what I think. If that offends... And as for making an ass out of myself? "I think that is rude of you" and "I certainly wouldn't say that to you."
Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am not talking down to anyone. I just post what I think. If that offends... And as for making an ass out of myself? "I think that is rude of you" and "I certainly wouldn't say that to you."
I'm not saying youre a bad person. Just back off a little that's all. You can take that for what it's worth.
Closed Thread