Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Are those really the lyrics?
Well Christy is usually very reliable, so I am just assuming. But if I had the song I would share it with everyone or keep it a secret, not egg people on.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I wonder whom this song could be about/for...

Thanks for the lyrics. I'm thrilled with anything.

Oh, I am SO ignorant to how the "single" process goes these days. Someone gave a date (July 29th?)...does that mean it's released on radio or can you actually buy a physical single- or do they even do that anymore? I guess I could be less lazy and just check out the Amazon link again...
You'll likely be able to buy on amazon, and I'm assuming itunes on the same day...
Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Well Christy is usually very reliable, so I am just assuming. But if I had the song I would share it with everyone or keep it a secret, not egg people on.
Exactly.

Its all very silly, really, considering the song will be available for purchase on Tuesday anyways. It was deliberate.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
forgot- the chorus has some similarities to Steal Your Heart Away - anyone hear it? (musically)
Yeah, I hear that. Someone said it was the most "pop" thing that Lindsey's ever released solo, but I find it to be in the same vein pop-wise as Trouble or Countdown, which is vintage Lindsey, and that I can not complain about. I'm a huge proponent of experimentation and great rock singles as well, but Lindsey's been there, done that and I say he deserves to bring back a little commercial- and possibly get some airplay as a result.

'Course, I'm saying this with the mindset that the rest of the album will have more of the "rock" that was mentioned, even if just 2-3 songs. Yay!!! So excited...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, I am SO ignorant to how the "single" process goes these days. Someone gave a date (July 29th?)...does that mean it's released on radio or can you actually buy a physical single- or do they even do that anymore? I guess I could be less lazy and just check out the Amazon link again...
Yes, at one page on Amazon it says the song will be 99 cents. So, you can download it from there. I looked on Itunes, but nothing comes up about the song or GOS.

Michele
Old 07-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, at one page on Amazon it says the song will be 99 cents. So, you can download it from there. I looked on Itunes, but nothing comes up about the song or GOS.

Michele
Having just released something on both sites, Amazon usually comes out a good three weeks sooner. iTunes takes 6 weeks to process an album and the related songs.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Having just released something on both sites, Amazon usually comes out a good three weeks sooner. iTunes takes 6 weeks to process an album and the related songs.
For indie releases, yes. For major labels, no.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing the Lyrics with us if indeed they are the correct lyrics. I really like the song and i think it should do well.

Anyway I just wanted to say that If I had my hands on a full version of the new album or singles from it. (Which i may or may not have) I most certianly would not be posting them up on a public forum. You have to have a level of trust somewhere along the chain to obtain an early copy and of a song or album and I dont think it would be fair to abuse that trust.

Once again thank you for posting the lyrics.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I hear that. Someone said it was the most "pop" thing that Lindsey's ever released solo, but I find it to be in the same vein pop-wise as Trouble or Countdown, which is vintage Lindsey, and that I can not complain about. I'm a huge proponent of experimentation and great rock singles as well, but Lindsey's been there, done that and I say he deserves to bring back a little commercial- and possibly get some airplay as a result.

'Course, I'm saying this with the mindset that the rest of the album will have more of the "rock" that was mentioned, even if just 2-3 songs. Yay!!! So excited...
I'm not trying to argue. I just think that "Trouble" and "Countdown" were also "throwback" songs (like "Oh, Diane"). "Did You Miss Me," thus far, does not strike me as a throwback. I listen to that clip on Amazon and it reminds me of something that I can't quite place. But something "contemporary."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Ledgie

Well, in America, if the release date doesn't fall on a Tuesday it has meant that its strickly for radio release.

If the 29th falls on a Tuesday, then we might be getting a CDS but I somehow doubt it. The days of CD singles for purchase here in the USA has about died out.

They just don't sell enough I have read to make it worth the record companies time--that's BS

The UK gets the good stuff--B sides , live versions and remixes.

Quote:

Old 07-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I don't want to offend anyone; I just wanted to offer my two cents -- as a former critic who got the occassional critic's copies of movies and music.

1) Critics should not share their copies with anyone (Maybe I'm too "Stevie" on this subject). That said, when I would receive critics stuff, I guess I would share it with friends and family -- but people I KNEW would not be turning around and selling it (critics copies are tagged, though I don't know if they are digitally tagged -- so if someone did sell it, that critic would be held responsible); and usually by "share" I mean, have them listen to it or watch it while I was listening to it/watching it.

2) If there are comments by people who happen to get these early "screeners" or copies of critic's copies, then I guess I would feel jealous too, but I'm surprised that people wouldn't want to hear what others have to say. I mean: nowadays when I have the chance to see a movie early at a film festival (like months early) I usually skip it cuz I can see it when it comes out. I don't mind waiting. But that's just personal to me. And some of my friends get critic's copies or go to critics screenings and I never mind hearing what they think (even though they don't invite me and sometimes that kinda hurts my feelings -- especially when it's like a film by someone they KNOW I just die over, like I hear Mike Leigh's new movie is going to be AMAZING -- but I wasn't invited to the screening... even though I had that day off from work! Not bitter. ).

3) I'm not pointing fingers or being presumptuous, but I also think that (and maybe I'm too Stevie on this subject too), we are basically Lindsey's fan base and if we don't pay for his stuff, who will? I'm glad to buy Lindsey's stuff. I'm going to buy many versions of the iTunes (single) and send them to all my itunes-capable family and friends (amazon.com informs me that you cannot send their items to others yet; I told them they need to figure out how). IF I did get a copy of the cd or the single, I would definately be buying it on CD / itunes anyway (that said: I hope there's a b-side on iTunes gr). But I don't mind that some people might err on the side of caution and not share it with me -- how do they know I'll buy it just cuz I say I will? They have a responsibility that I respect that I hope they also take seriously.

So I guess that because so many people prefer not to hear anything from those who have access to the material early (like people who don't read movie reviews BEFORE seeing the movie -- I, for one, never mind "spoilers"), that should be the policy -- just to be sensitive to everyone. But I don't think that those who may have heard it already are rubbing it in/egging people on. I think they thought they were just, you know, letting us know. I see both sides -- like my friends who tell me about movies/music before it comes out. I just hope this doesn't lead to animosity. It's such an exciting time to be a Lindsey/Mac fan!

It's so weird to me that I just fell in love with the Mac 2 years ago (I think) and yet that love just keeps getting fueled by NEW stuff: Under the Skin, Bass Performance Hall, Crystal Visions (CD and DVD), Soundstage, two Jeremy Spencer albums, Madison Blues and the shorter version, The Blue Horizons Christine Perfect, plenty of Lindsey on YouTube, Stevie in concert (I missed Lindsey for personal reasons ), Lindsey and Stevie performing on the talk show circuit (I still have them on Ellen on my dvr; I have to transfer that to DV-R and mp3 -- when I do, I'll be happy to share the sound mp3's with ANYONE who wants it), all the rumours in the press to keep track of, and I even feel like I'm neglecting some things. And now: "Gift of Screws" is near. I can't wait. But I CAN wait.

Don't be mad at me for this post, please.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-27-2008 at 07:07 AM..
Old 07-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For some reason, I cannot access imeem, but if it might be available there (I checked hypem; it's not there as far as I can see).

Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=michelej1;765519]Frankly, I don't see anyone discussing the whole song. All they're saying is that the song is catchy and they're asking questions about the words in the chorus. The chorus is up on Amazon. The chorus lines are the only ones anyone has been talking about. Anyone can listen to "did you go where I didn't know" or "did you come when I didn't know" or "did you call when I didn't know" or "did you know where I didn't go" up on Amazon and give their input on what they think he's saying -- which I guess we won't really know until we have the lyric sheets in hand, way in September. And who knows where Christy got the full lyrics. At least, by writing them out, she allowed everyone to see what they are.

yes, Michele- I am listening to the chorus on Amazon! I have no idea where the full lyrics came from myself but can't wait to get the CD and see the actual lyrics inside and hear the whole song!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

As for the lyrics in question I decidedly hear

"Did you ever go where i didn't know." I think it's pretty clear what he's singing. I don't understand all the controversy over mishearing them.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I It's so weird to me that I just fell in love with the Mac 2 years ago (I think) and yet that love just keeps getting fueled by NEW stuff: Under the Skin, Bass Performance Hall, Crystal Visions (CD and DVD), Soundstage, two Jeremy Spencer albums, Madison Blues and the shorter version, The Blue Horizons Christine Perfect, plenty of Lindsey on YouTube, Stevie in concert (I missed Lindsey for personal reasons ), Lindsey and Stevie performing on the talk show circuit (I still have them on Ellen on my dvr; I have to transfer that to DV-R and mp3 -- when I do, I'll be happy to share the sound mp3's with ANYONE who wants it), all the rumours in the press to keep track of, and I even feel like I'm neglecting some things. And now: "Gift of Screws" is near. I can't wait. But I CAN wait.
Wow, it's a surprise to hear that you only became a fan 2 years ago. The way you write, it feels like you must have been loving FM for much longer. That's wonderful to know that they are still attracting new fans who admire them as much as the veteran FM lovers do. Also, when you string all the products in one paragraph like that, it DOES seem like we have gotten a lot in a very short time. Even though it always feels like it's not enough.

Michele