User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ This song was done by an incarnation of the band after the Rumours lineup. That make it "Post Rumours" here at the Ledge. Doesn't matter that Stevie was still around & Bekka hadn't shown up yet.
Really? That's interesting considering it clearly says "Post-Rumours
Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, and Dave Mason."

Considering only two of those people are in this video, as opposed to the 5 that are listed for this forum, its obviously more logical to be in here.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Really? That's interesting considering it clearly says "Post-Rumours
Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, and Dave Mason."

Considering only two of those people are in this video, as opposed to the 5 that are listed for this forum, its obviously more logical to be in here.
Quite obviously? Get real. The Rumours Era of Fleetwood Mac is Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. Period. BTM and Time are discussed in the Post-Rumours forum. It doesn't matter that Stevie was still around - the loss of a Rumours-era member signals the end of the Rumours lineup. There's no argument; you're just wrong.

Last edited by Sarah; 01-30-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyhoo, the vid blows. And the song sucks. Well, parts of both are okay, but the overall effect is soporific

Incidentally, whoever thought the wobbly flying guitar was a good idea needs to be locked away.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Quite obviously? Get real. The Rumours Era of Fleetwood Mac is Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. Period. BTM and Time are discussed in the Post-Rumours forum. It doesn't matter that Stevie was still around - the loss of a Rumours-era member signals the end of the Rumours lineup. There's no argument; you're just wrong.
Exactly. I'm aware of what is says, Liam, but it's common knowledge here that anything that happened from the time Billy & Rick joined up until the time LB came back is considered "Post Rumours" here on The Ledge. Take a look over there & you'll see many threads about BTM. It's not a big deal, so why make it into one? All that was said is that this belongs in the other forum.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And, just so we're clear...anything pertaining to Say You Will should technically be "Post-Rumours" as well, since Christine had left the band at that point.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
And, just so we're clear...anything pertaining to Say You Will should technically be "Post-Rumours" as well, since Christine had left the band at that point.
I agree, but SYW wouldn't really fit in on the Post-Rumours forum, seeing as most of the discussion surrounding it centers on essentially comparing its dynamic to what it would have been if Christine was on it.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
That is true. I think back then most people here were so thrilled that SN&LB were back, they started posting thing pertaining to SYW here. But I don't think anyone would disagree that Rick & Billy stuff goes in Post, would they? Like I said, it's no big deal, but it's the way it's always been.

Last edited by skcin; 01-30-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i never knew there was a video for that song. i have never seen it.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a much better video of the same song (with BTM band entact):
In The Back Of My Mind Video
Old 01-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Here's a much better video of the same song (with BTM band entact):
In The Back Of My Mind Video
Just let me say that this video was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one Liam posted at the top of the thread. I have the sound gig videos and I don't remember Stevie looking this good in them. Also I wanted to say that on the BTM Tour this song made a great opening song at the concert. I love this song but never remember it being a single in America though.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poor Stevie. On a scale of one to 10, I give this a 2.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
Very late-80s conceptual-type video. Mick playing skyscrapers, wow.
Reminds me of an unimaginative cross between The Cars (only that woman is no Paulina) and Michael Jackson's "Leave Me Alone".

- Jake
Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Well, I sorta/kinda 'didn't mind' this tune off of the BTM album. When I caught this incarnation of FM at the Jones Beach theater here in NY, this was their opener. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when the houselights went down and this creepy pulsing sound started coming (sort of reminded me of a horror movie or something, building to a climax where someone gets stabbed). There was a large screen covering the stage which was translucent but not transparent, where you could see the figures and I think I remember there were blue lights lighting it up (maybe they were differnt, can't remember). What I do remember though, is once the creepy, pulsing part was finished and it was sequeing into Rick's guitar and the 'ahhhhhhhh' vocals, the curtain/screen slowly rolled up (or down?) revealing the band with Stevie at center mic. I remember a wave of Stevie hysteria as the first 10 rows reacted to seeing Stevie there, everyone out of their seats and waving to her, snapping pics or whatever. I think she absently waved to the crowd. It was pretty obvious it was Stevie's show, even though she wasn't in a state to deliver. My brother-in-law remarked to me, "she looks sort of bloated".
I saw this in Wisconsin & I remember the screen had masks (like on the tour book). It lifted up after a long wait (and then tilted back, I think) - very dramatic. I don't like this song on the album, but I loved it as an opener. The suspense until the screen lifted was real. And the song gave Christine & Stevie the spotlight at different points, kind of introducing them and encouraging the crowd to applaud at those moments. The spotlight on Chris was intense when she did her solo & the crowd went nuts.
I recall that there was a very overweight and obnoxious older man near me who kept heckling Stevie about her weight, especially during Landslide: "Boy, those fat chicks sure can belt a tune (guffaw)!"

- Jake
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also remember this as the opening number and the mask screen lifting. I was so lucky when I saw this in Concord, CA as we were in the orchestra pit, so we were actually underneath it, on the stage side. So it was neat when FM came on stage before it lifted and we got very personal hello's.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Also I wanted to say that on the BTM Tour this song made a great opening song at the concert. I
I agree... Excellent opener! One of the only things I remember from the show I saw...