The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
There's a difference, in my opinion, between the trashy celebrity gossip that I love (the kind that is so ridiculous that it's unbelievable) and "gossip" that is simply imagined by fans and passed around fan circles, based on nothing more than a spoken word or a facial expression at a concert. I love gossip, but I laugh at those who actively create it and then believe it. I guess I can differentiate between fantasy and reality.
so, what's up with Thrown Down being about Lindsey?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You must be new to the world of celebrity real estate. If I had a cent for every article where a celebrity gushed about their new home, only to sell it shortly thereafter, I'd be gushing about my new house...only to sell it shortly thereafter.

Like I said, no one knows what's up. Maybe they are splitting, maybe they aren't. But what I find ignorant and downright STUPID is how people jump up and say that he's divorcing his wife to shack up with Stevie. I mean, my word, get some couth and some class.
No, but I am aware of PR gone terribly wrong. Like I've said elsewhere, this came out the day of the Atlanta show which was at the start of the second leg of the US tour. Things had been leaked out that didn't make Lindsey sound like the happy family man he was supposed to be and this gave more clause to fuel the ANTI "FAIRY" FIRE, I suppose. As far as him shacking up with Stevie, rock on if they do but I feel sad for those children no matter what's going on.

-Classless Marissa
Old 11-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that simply reveals how childish and immature people can truly be. But, take solace in the fact that neither you or I are immature like that.
Just need to add to this that it was only one poster that used 'I told you so'. I've also found a lot of the other speculating posts interesting. As you know I love to gossip!

Pip
Old 11-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
There's a difference, in my opinion, between the trashy celebrity gossip that I love (the kind that is so ridiculous that it's unbelievable) and "gossip" that is simply imagined by fans and passed around fan circles, based on nothing more than a spoken word or a facial expression at a concert. I love gossip, but I laugh at those who actively create it and then believe it. I guess I can differentiate between fantasy and reality.
There's always a difference in our own minds, between what we do and what others do. We're all guilty of that.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
No, but I am aware of PR gone terribly wrong. Like I've said elsewhere, this came out the day of the Atlanta show which was at the start of the second leg of the US tour. Things had been leaked out that didn't make Lindsey sound like the happy family man he was supposed to be and this gave more clause to fuel the ANTI "FAIRY" FIRE, I suppose.
I guess I'm not up to speed with Liddy gossip! I knew nothing!

Quote:
As far as him shacking up with Stevie, rock on if they do but I feel sad for those children no matter what's going on.
Absolutely
Old 11-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, but I am aware of PR gone terribly wrong. Like I've said elsewhere, this came out the day of the Atlanta show which was at the start of the second leg of the US tour. Things had been leaked out that didn't make Lindsey sound like the happy family man he was supposed to be and this gave more clause to fuel the ANTI "FAIRY" FIRE, I suppose. As far as him shacking up with Stevie, rock on if they do but I feel sad for those children no matter what's going on.
"Things have leaked out" by fans. Hardly reliable sources. Try again.

Quote:
-Classless Marissa
Because we all know I was referring to you. Heaven forbid if someone dares cross a shipper.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
There's always a difference in our own minds, between what we do and what others do. We're all guilty of that.
If that's what you believe, more power to ya.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
so, what's up with Thrown Down being about Lindsey?
What about it? She said the "Now you're going home" line was about him.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
no, i think she meant the whole thing.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Things have leaked out" by fans. Hardly reliable sources. Try again.

Because we all know I was referring to you. Heaven forbid if someone dares cross a shipper.
Yea, and the fan was one of YOUR friends that was in the Four Seasons in Atlanta who watched Lindsey makes small talk with a big breasted Cheetah Girl in the bar. He wasn't the only one who saw, it was seen by quite a few other people and posted on Mick's board too. Needless to say, he didn't go to any bars in his hotel after that. I could go on but why bother?

Well, when you talk about a whole group that I happen to be part of, yes, I suppose that indirectly you are talking about me. PM me if you'd like to talk more but i'm keeping this off of here for arguments sake.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
no, i think she meant the whole thing.
He asked who the he was that she was singing about, the one that was going home. She told him that it was him.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The entire song is about him. Hello, Destiny Rules documentary? Yeah.

Speaking of that... He sure did talk an awful lot about that house in the documentary, it's a shame to see that it's already up for sale. No matter what "side" you are on (and the battle lines were drawn between us after the Atlanta show in May) you have to admit that seems a bit odd.

But like I said, I'm open to hearing what other people's interpretations are of this surprising turn of events. We all know in the long run we'll just have to agree to disagree. What really happened, Dis, or anyone for that matter? I'd love to know. Much like Pip, I love to gossip. Bring it on.

- Meredith
Old 11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He asked who the he was that she was singing about, the one that was going home. She told him that it was him.
But the whole song is about the person who is going home. hello?

Old 11-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yea, and the fan was one of YOUR friends that was in the Four Seasons in Atlanta who watched Lindsey makes small talk with a big breasted Cheetah Girl in the bar. He wasn't the only one who saw, it was seen by quite a few other people and posted on Mick's board too. Needless to say, he didn't go to any bars in his hotel after that. I could go on but why bother?
I still fail to see the point. Surely you aren't suggesting that Lindsey-Stevie romantics are objective. I'm glad to hear that his fans were staking out the bars 24/7 just so they could report whether or not they saw him talking to a big breasted woman dressed as an exotic animal.

Quote:
Well, when you talk about a whole group that I happen to be part of, yes, I suppose that indirectly you are talking about me. PM me if you'd like to talk more but i'm keeping this off of here for arguments sake.
I'm all set, but thanks. This discussion comes up every once in awhile and no common sense ever follows it. If people are content to actively create fantasies and interpret behavior so that it lends credence to those fantasies, so be it, no amount of discussion will change it. Like I said, I'm all for gossip, but this kind of gossip perturbs me.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
The entire song is about him. Hello, Destiny Rules documentary? Yeah.
Yeah, she said one line was about him. If you know for a fact that the entire song is about Lindsey Buckingham, I'm all ears.

Quote:
Speaking of that... He sure did talk an awful lot about that house in the documentary, it's a shame to see that it's already up for sale. No matter what "side" you are on (and the battle lines were drawn between us after the Atlanta show in May) you have to admit that seems a bit odd.
I already said it seemed odd.

Quote:
But like I said, I'm open to hearing what other people's interpretations are of this surprising turn of events. We all know in the long run we'll just have to agree to disagree. What really happened, Dis, or anyone for that matter? I'd love to know. Much like Pip, I love to gossip. Bring it on.
I already said I had no idea what was going on and that I would reserve judgement until I actually heard ONE fact instead if idle speculation from romantics.

Again, love the snarkiness that you criticized David about just hours ago (and then deleted ).