The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:34 AM
Ledgie

I'm glad Madformac mentioned the relative anonymity of Lindsey in the UK. I honestly believe Lindsey and his family could wander down any British high street unnoticed (maybe it's the same in the US, I don't know). FM have certainly drifted from public consciousness in Britain and although SYW has helped, I was surprised that there wasn't more publicity surrounding the tour. It was more than a shame they didn't appear on Parkinson as that would have given them a great deal of exposure. I think, in the UK, at least, for many people, Fleetwood Mac still means Peter Green.

Angela
x
Old 02-02-2004, 02:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
FM have certainly drifted from public consciousness in Britain and although SYW has helped, I was surprised that there wasn't more publicity surrounding the tour. It was more than a shame they didn't appear on Parkinson as that would have given them a great deal of exposure.
according to billboard.com's top 10 concert chart, it looks like fm actually does pretty well in britain (tourwise anyway). they own 3 positions on the chart, including #1, the gross of the three concerts being over $7.5 million. the concerts were 99%+ sold out.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/boxscore.jsp

Last edited by misterbug; 02-02-2004 at 02:38 AM..
Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angela, I have a curiosity question....

How noticed would you think Stevie would be in England? Would most people know who she is if she were walking down the street?
Old 02-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Ledgie

Angela, I have a curiosity question....

How noticed would you think Stevie would be in England? Would most people know who she is if she were walking down the street?

I'm not very technical, but I hope the bit above has come out bold...

I don't know whether Stevie would get noticed. Unless she went out to Marks and Spencer in fully witchy stage regalia, I honestly suspect not. That said, after Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green, I would imagine she is the most well known face of FM in Britain so I'm sure she wouldn't entirely escape attention.

I would bet that Christine goes about life relatively unnoticed in Kent. Locals in her village will obviously know who she is, but I would guess they leave her alone.

Of the entire band the only one I think would be immediately recognised by most of the public is Mick Fleetwood.

Maybe the other Brits will disagree....

Angela
x

Last edited by AngelaM; 02-03-2004 at 04:39 AM..