Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Insider shares stories

Michael "Reedo" Reed describes himself as a "fringe player in the music industry from 1973 through 1990." On his myspace, he shares some stories involving Fleetwood Mac.'

"My clams to fame are that I introduced Stevie Nicks to Christie Alsbury who designed the first layer stule dresses and with Margi Kent helped transform Stevies style into what we see today. I Took Stevie to Jon Garrett who had been doing may hair and they were a great match also."

~~~~

"George [Harrison] got us on the Fleetwood Mac tour that was Stevie first tour with them. Because of politics the tour lasted 2 months and we were on our own."

~~~~

On being a drum technician for the Shake the Cage tour:
"My first week I got on the phone to. . . get new stuff. [John Courage] . . . was the road manager and Christiens personal manager. He came in the production office where I was on the phone and yeld at me to get off the phone. He hadn't told me that the phone was neede, but acted as if I was doing something wrong. I finished the call. . . and hug up. I don't remember much after that, but I found myself in my tool box with a large hammer in my hand and ready to beat JC with it. When I realized what I was doing, I put it down and left. The next day I was telling Dunston that I might not want to do this gig. Stevie over heared what I was saying. She might not see well, but she can stiil hear. She asked what I was talking about and I told he nothing realy. Well to my surprise she said " when I ask you a questio, you tell me" So I told her and she said not to worrie about it. It turned out that she went to JC and told him if he ****ed with me again he was fired. I found out at the first gig when he asked me if I was going to hit him with a pipe? I told him know I'd beat him to death with my hands if he disrespected me again, I was being funny, but he got the idea and never treated my bad again. I still respect and love the guy and would do anything for him. I found out on that tour that part of Micks show was getting mad at the tech. He would find something wrong with the kit and beat it til it broke. That was hard for me to get past, but we did. One of his things he liked to do was have me give him beer in the midle of a song and I was great at it. I never spilled a drop. Id start it at his mouth and then hold it a foot over his face until he would start closing his mouth. I'd bring it down to his lips and then stop it. It was fun to do, He always gave me a grin. There was alot of love from that Kat. He got crazy more than a few times, but all in all, he was more like my big brother and I love him as much as anyone I know. I miss the **** out of him and I've not seen or heared from him in 17 years. Here is where I'm going to stop and reflect on what happend next. Chapter 2 to come soon. "
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"When I ask you a question, you tell me."

I can see it now placed under that ugly lamb one of our members has in place of "that's a fu@@in stupid shirt you're wearing."

That was a fun piece. I can't wait for more!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If he was going to beat JC with a pipe over such a minor thing, it's obvious this guy has grave problems. But fun story.

Michele
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm this is very interesting. I hope there's more to come!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this even in English? Jesus Christ.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

His spelling is atrocious, but he has some interesting stories. So Mick wanted Rick to sound more like Lindsey? Interesting.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
right!!! haha
Old 09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved reading all that! (Despite the minor headache the spelling gave me.)

Yeah, so the guy would never make it as an English teacher -- sounds like he was a capable roadie, though, and given my druthers, I think the roadie job would be a whole lot more interesting. "Reedo' -- what a perfect roadie name!

Sleepless Child mentioned the same part that caught my attention -- that in the frantic days when Lindsey left and they were trying to throw together the new lineup for the TITN tour, Mick wanted to make Rick sound like Lindsey, and Rick didn't want to. Funny story of Reedo's friend Ray caught in the middle when Mick and another roadie were yelling at Ray to make Rick sound like Lindsey, and Rick ignoring them both. To hear Mick tell it now, he was just delighted when Rick wanted to bring back a blues sound -- sounds like it wasn't the case in the beginning!

I hope Reedo has more juicy stories soon!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Amen! I'm all for a casual tone but geez, this guy needs grammar check.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
To hear Mick tell it now, he was just delighted when Rick wanted to bring back a blues sound -- sounds like it wasn't the case in the beginning!

Yeah, and Reedo refers to Rick and Billy coming in to audition, even though I recall Mick saying they didn't have to audition. Maybe there weren't a lot of people asked to come in and play (maybe no one else at all), but still.