User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see, to some feminists among us, reading stuff like this is so offensive. why would anyone have to open the door for all these women who are way ahead of Nicks, in any and every sense? before her, bigger than her, selling way more than her (if commercial is what is of primary importance), way more groundbreaking than her? i mean some of them are not in at all, and there are several on your list that should be in twice already! it's completely ridiculous. i know this is heresy on these boards where Stevie is on high pedestal for people, but try and be realistic for a moment.

yes, way more women should have been inducted and many way more deserving are not even in once. and RnRHoF indiction committee shouldn't have been given a choice of either Cyndi or Benatar or Nicks like they apparently were - and those women on the nomination committee shouldn't have gone with that false choice of just one woman among them.
When I said Stevie Nick's induction as a solo artist would hopefully open more doors for other female artists, I didn't mean Stevie exclusively. If Diana Ross had been the first woman inducted twice, I would have said the same thing. Hopefully, by inducting a female artist twice now, it will happen more often. I don't care who the first woman inducted twice is, I'm just happy it's finally happened, no matter who it was.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
general audiences go to see the show so they can say they saw Fleetwood Mac and for the singalongs. they have no clue who is or ever was in the band, just that the legendary band is one of those bucket list items and this looks to be their farewell tour.

can't tell you how many times i saw stuff like "although Lindsey Buckingham is not with them on this tour, and i really wanted to hear her sing Landslide."

then there are Stevie hardcores who never went to see FM before, just SN solo, and now they go to 5-10 shows i guess to prove how important she is. and then there are AHS fangirls.

yes, most of the east coast show reviews very very balanced and actually made sense. they were still very gentle considering how crappy most of these songs now sound, but still, at least they didn't paste from the FM marketing sheets.
some have been twisting their panties in knots over this speculation that reviews using exact same wording from one to the other have been pasting from marketing materials sent to them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
some have been twisting their panties in knots over this speculation that reviews using exact same wording from one to the other have been pasting from marketing materials sent to them.
Surely this is common practice even for Lindsey's concerts. And who cares?