User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:24 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Sure, I'm up for a 4/5 album...........but without John McVie.

Let's be honest, he's the most invisible member. He doesn't even have his own Facebook page like the other 4 do. Alright???
so that makes him a lesser of a part of a band because he is not an attention whore
Old 09-30-2016, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I vote for a Stevie and Christine tour. Mick and John can come along also but I would prefer Lindsey get out. His ego is too big to fit in the room, the show has to be all about him or he throws a tantrum, and he cant even sing anymore. He screeches. Just my opinion. I think Stevie and Christine would bring in some pretty huge crowds also. Hmmmm....one can dream.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I vote for a Stevie and Christine tour. Mick and John can come along also but I would prefer Lindsey get out. His ego is too big to fit in the room, the show has to be all about him or he throws a tantrum, and he cant even sing anymore. He screeches. Just my opinion. I think Stevie and Christine would bring in some pretty huge crowds also. Hmmmm....one can dream.
That already happened.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure, I'm up for a 4/5 album...........but without John McVie.

Let's be honest, he's the most invisible member. He doesn't even have his own Facebook page like the other 4 do. Alright???
Please tell me you are being tongue in cheek/ironic (or whetever the appropriate term is). You didn't really type this as a serious comment did you?
Old 09-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
so that makes him a lesser of a part of a band because he is not an attention whore
Just wanted to make a silly post to go along with all the others.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Please tell me you are being tongue in cheek/ironic (or whetever the appropriate term is). You didn't really type this as a serious comment did you?
Yes, I was joking.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I was joking.
Ha, okay, phewww
Old 09-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Lol I think you are confused about which fm members have grown up vs which ones never passed the stage of tantrum throwing and ego / power trips. .

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lol I think you are confused about which fm members have grown up vs which ones never passed the stage of tantrum throwing and ego / power trips. .
uhmmm...that is your opinion. I beg to differ. Just look at the SYW tour. Plus, I am sorry but his voice is GONE! He doesn't sing anymore...he screams or he breathes into the microphone. I know some like it...I just don't.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle, I think SN and LB BOTH have ego issues, don't you think?

Jamie
Old 09-30-2016, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Elle, I think SN and LB BOTH have ego issues, don't you think?

Jamie
that's a really interesting question, Jamie. i'll try to unpack some of it, and i'm sure you and others can probably add some complementary thoughts.

i think that LB is, however unbelievable that may sound for a person with his level of [recognized] talent and success, in fact insecure. i'm not really sure that examples people bring up as his ego are legit. for example, people keep claiming how he does long guitar solos live, to show off. yet for a recognized great guitarist, he barely does any solos. maybe 1 and 3/4 per show. you go to any rock concert, and you will hear multiple solos from multiple guitarists and other instrumentalists per concert. compared to most other bands, and especially other known guitarists, LB barely does a guitar solo live.

as far as being a perfectionist in the studio and thinking he is right, that may show a level of intolerance or incapability to be open to discussions, but i don't think he insists on his way in the studio because of some ego trip or power play; he just thinks his way is right. i suspect Christine may be the only one (and probably in recent decades Johnny Mac) who were able to make him go their way in the FM context - but i might be completely wrong. and in the context of other bands, LB certainly fills in whatever kind music they do anyway, and adds a bit of his unique twist. NIN vs EOTS vs Delta Rae music is completely incomparable, yet he found ways to fit into what they were doing (and you can be happy or unhappy with that, LB fans certainly have the whole spectrum of very extreme views on that EOTS Tango-era sounding song!).

in relation to one another though SN and LB still have a weird and somewhat childish level of competitiveness.

as you know i don't know that much about Stevie. one thing that does strike me from some of her statements throughout the years, starting from "i wanna be a star!" is that - well - that was her main purpose then, and some of her behavior and statements now signal she is still thinking that way. she is the person who wants to be upfront in the limelight, known and praised. but in relations to Lindsey, she definitely seems to have some unresolved power struggle issues. maybe not just in relation to him, but also Christine, or others, otherwise she would not insist David Stewart has "no ego" - which i thought was a crappy thing to say and somehow i don't think Dave Stewart liked it that much.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he cant even sing anymore. He screeches. Just my opinion.
i'm guessing you have never seen a Lindsey solo show.

we used to have huge discussions over on Lindsey-board whether fans like better his young or his older voice. in his younger days he used to have a range, but i strongly dislike most high male voices and didn't like his either.

on the other hand, on his solo tours as well as on new tunes that are composed for his current range (think Sad Angel live!), his voice is strong and unlike when he was young, i do like his deeper voice.

with FM live, i think he/they adjust the key of songs so that all members can more-less sing it, and so LB having the guitarist thing to fall onto, probably goes with whatever range is appropriate for other vocalists even if he can't really hit the notes and has to yell them.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's a really interesting question, Jamie. i'll try to unpack some of it, and i'm sure you and others can probably add some complementary thoughts.

i think that LB is, however unbelievable that may sound for a person with his level of [recognized] talent and success, in fact insecure. i'm not really sure that examples people bring up as his ego are legit. for example, people keep claiming how he does long guitar solos live, to show off. yet for a recognized great guitarist, he barely does any solos. maybe 1 and 3/4 per show. you go to any rock concert, and you will hear multiple solos from multiple guitarists and other instrumentalists per concert. compared to most other bands, and especially other known guitarists, LB barely does a guitar solo live.

as far as being a perfectionist in the studio and thinking he is right, that may show a level of intolerance or incapability to be open to discussions, but i don't think he insists on his way in the studio because of some ego trip or power play; he just thinks his way is right. i suspect Christine may be the only one (and probably in recent decades Johnny Mac) who were able to make him go their way in the FM context - but i might be completely wrong. and in the context of other bands, LB certainly fills in whatever kind music they do anyway, and adds a bit of his unique twist. NIN vs EOTS vs Delta Rae music is completely incomparable, yet he found ways to fit into what they were doing (and you can be happy or unhappy with that, LB fans certainly have the whole spectrum of very extreme views on that EOTS Tango-era sounding song!).

in relation to one another though SN and LB still have a weird and somewhat childish level of competitiveness.

as you know i don't know that much about Stevie. one thing that does strike me from some of her statements throughout the years, starting from "i wanna be a star!" is that - well - that was her main purpose then, and some of her behavior and statements now signal she is still thinking that way. she is the person who wants to be upfront in the limelight, known and praised. but in relations to Lindsey, she definitely seems to have some unresolved power struggle issues. maybe not just in relation to him, but also Christine, or others, otherwise she would not insist David Stewart has "no ego" - which i thought was a crappy thing to say and somehow i don't think Dave Stewart liked it that much.
When you say "she is the person who wants to be upfront in the limelight, known and praised" I have to disagree, at least in the last 20 or so years when shes been touring with Fleetwood Mac. As I've said before, Stevie is definitely more subdued during Fleetwood Mac shows, and she is very aware that she is part of a "team". She has said this, and it shows. I can't speak for how she might have acted in shows during the seventies and eighties, as I was not old enough to have attended those shows. I do remember hearing a story about her doing something on stage back then that Lindsay was irritated with and he showed it in so many ways. And that since then, she has subdued her actions on stage when she performs with Fleetwood Mac. Not sure if that's true, but that's what I remember reading somewhere.
Bottom line, I believe both of them are egotistical. It just seemed that you were kind of alluding in your post that it was just one person in the band that was egotistical. (Stevie)

Jamie
Old 09-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and as far has her saying when she was young that she "wanted to be a star", I take that as kind of tongue-in-cheek thing. Kind of like when you hear a lot of rockstar guys say, "yeah when I was young I wanted to become a rockstar because they get all the chicks!"

Jamie
Old 09-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I believe both of them are egotistical. It just seemed that you were kind of alluding in your post that it was just one person in the band that was egotistical. (Stevie)
just giving the flow of quotes.

i don't really know whether or not Lindsey is egotistical. maybe he is. you are saying he is. can you give me some examples?

i do think Stevie very much likes to be in the limelight and she doesn't hide that. nothing wrong with that, she's an entertainer and that makes sense.