Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A FM Album without Stevie is just a Lindsey solo album

And we know how well solo a Lindsey Buckingham album sells. And a tour without Stevie would be like a lounge show, which is ironic considering Lindsey described Christine's and Stevie's solo tours as a lounge act.

Wonder if they would still use Stevie's back up singers? Think they'd move Christine to the center of the stage? Or would she still stay in the back left corner?

To replace Stevie's songs, I wonder if Lindsey will perform more 12 minute solos on songs like Not That Funny, I'm So Afraid, and Come? Maybe more of his solo work like Big Love, Go Insane, the Ledge, or Walk a Thin Line?
Old 09-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Funniest thing I've read all day!

Even without a new album, they wouldn't be hurting for material. They could still do a GH tour, only it would be better because the primary hit writer for Fleetwood Mac would be there.

Say You Love Me
The Chain
Second Hand News
You Make Loving Fun
Trouble
Everywhere
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Think About Me
Tusk
Hold Me
Big Love
Go Insane
Never Going Back Again
Over My Head
Bleed To Love Her
Little Lies
I'm So Afraid
Got A Hold On Me
Go Your Own Way
--
World Turning
Blue Letter
Don't Stop
--
Songbird

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2016, 08:22 AM

This post doesn't make sense to me.

Love that set list tho!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And we know how well solo a Lindsey Buckingham album sells. And a tour without Stevie would be like a lounge show, which is ironic considering Lindsey described Christine's and Stevie's solo tours as a lounge act.

Wonder if they would still use Stevie's back up singers? Think they'd move Christine to the center of the stage? Or would she still stay in the back left corner?

To replace Stevie's songs, I wonder if Lindsey will perform more 12 minute solos on songs like Not That Funny, I'm So Afraid, and Come? Maybe more of his solo work like Big Love, Go Insane, the Ledge, or Walk a Thin Line?
I totally agree with you. I think Lindsey would fully take over and it would be way too many long guitar solos and screaming from him. I love Christine though so she may be able to temper all of that...who knows? I don't think Christine wants to be front and center so it would be the Lindsey show. Just not my cup of tea.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Oh it would definitely be a lounge act, with Lindsey's "Oz, the great and powerful" head showing on the backdrop the entire time!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You all make it sound like Mick, John, and Christine didn't have a band until Stevie and Lindsey joined. They did, and it was called Fleetwood Mac. And, Christine even did a solo tour (albeit reluctantly). This tour will be every bit a Fleetwood Mac tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You all make it sound like Mick, John, and Christine didn't have a band until Stevie and Lindsey joined. They did, and it was called Fleetwood Mac. And, Christine even did a solo tour (albeit reluctantly). This tour will be every bit a Fleetwood Mac tour.
weirdly, looks like some of the Stevie fans needed a venting thread to for whatever reason spit on non-SN band members. i was expecting SN fans would be happy that FM 4 are leaving SN alone to do whatever she wants to do, and they have her all to themselves.

EDIT: this thread title is unbelievably insulting to FM's biggest hitmaker. and to the whole band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-27-2016 at 11:14 AM..
Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You forget the age of some of the new fans. I realized when I was debating some shippers about Christine... They came into the fold in 2003. lol

I then decided not to waste my energy..
Old 09-27-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
weirdly, looks like some of the Stevie fans needed a venting thread to for whatever reason spit on non-SN band members. i was expecting SN fans would be happy that FM 4 are leaving SN alone to do whatever she wants to do, and they have her all to themselves.
They get bent about the bashing.. then call it a Lindsey lounge act.

Sounds like Stevie. lol
Old 09-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I am a fan of her solo music (not the image )

I am glad she is doing her thing but I would prefer a new Mac record ...I am now Thrilled at a chance to have a record with just the 4 of them she is not Fleetwood Mac ,John and Mick are the rest are just hired player who can and have come and gone . I really hope they release the music they have been working on as i said they are creative musician she has settled on being a rock star .
Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Oh it would definitely be a lounge act, with Lindsey's "Oz, the great and powerful" head showing on the backdrop the entire time!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A non Stevie tour opens up the door for some Pre-Rumours material to be used. A lot of great Christine tunes that never get any love anymore.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

YAASSSS!!!!! Thank you!!!

Seriously though, it's ok for the Stevie haters to say anything and everything about her, call her names and make fun of her voice, but let her fans jump in and we are either young and dumb (NO, I'm 47 and have loved her since Bella Donna) or just being mean about the other four. Boo Hoo!! I can admit that Stevie has a huge ego, but your boy Lindsey......his is just as big or bigger. He thinks he's smarter, more talented and that he has the perfect little life with his perfect little wife and their horses, kids and dogs and he can do a perfect job making a perfect record as long as everyone else bends to his will and lets him make it HIS way. Puleeezze!! No wonder she doesn't want to record with them! Listen, it's like Trump and Clinton! We are not going to agree, EVER! If you don't want Stevie's fans defending her, then QUIT bashing her.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
YAASSSS!!!!! Thank you!!!

Seriously though, it's ok for the Stevie haters to say anything and everything about her, call her names and make fun of her voice, but let her fans jump in and we are either young and dumb (NO, I'm 47 and have loved her since Bella Donna) or just being mean about the other four. Boo Hoo!! I can admit that Stevie has a huge ego, but your boy Lindsey......his is just as big or bigger. He thinks he's smarter, more talented and that he has the perfect little life with his perfect little wife and their horses, kids and dogs and he can do a perfect job making a perfect record as long as everyone else bends to his will and lets him make it HIS way. Puleeezze!! No wonder she doesn't want to record with them! Listen, it's like Trump and Clinton! We are not going to agree, EVER! If you don't want Stevie's fans defending her, then QUIT bashing her.
Oh God, don't bring in Trump.. I love Stevie I love Stevie... I promise I won't say another word.. .. just don't bring that jerk up....
Old 09-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
That's always better than a chunky twirl... followed by nasal goat noises