User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Trust me, I even cried when I heard that.
Who are these people?! Is this lawyers' advice? Or just play of some pseudo clique of egotistical, self serving bastards?!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Who are these people?! Is this lawyers' advice? Or just play of some pseudo clique of egotistical, self serving bastards?!
I don't know if they had some sort of communication after the news of his firing was out, but I'd say that no, they didn't.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't imagine Stevie and Lindsey working together again. Ever. Even before Lindsey was fired there was clearly a lot of bad blood between them. That's why I can't understand why he wants to be back.

Lindsey and Christine friends? I don't think so. They fit well professionally but I don't see a friendship there.
Maybe not a close friendship, but there had to a certain amount of camaraderie for them to want to do BuckVie, and then tour in support of it. Did they ever speak badly of each other? With the exception of the times when Lindsey behaved badly in regards to Stevie.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Christine had a heavy hand in orchestrating what happened with Lindsey. She was somewhat blindsided by what happened. True she went along with the band. But in my mind I just see Christine's and Lindsey's relationship being so much more real and artistically intertwined than, well you know who.
I don't think that lessens her responsibility. It's EASY to just sit back and let sh*t happen.

After the LOVE I saw between them last year............for her to let this happen is ABSOLUTELY UNFORGIVABLE. I hope she's let the guilt tear her up inside.

Unless their "love" was just as fake as him and OGB. If so, the f*ck the lot of them.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=dreamsunwind;1232190]If that's actually true then he must be really, REALLY hurting about this. Because typically I'd think Lindsey is the type of person whose pride is too strong to ever want to go back after a situation like this.
And I think back to Kristen's word choice when she referred to the situation. It would be one thing if she just said they were shady band members or unfair or ungrateful. But she called it the "cruelest move she'd ever seen" and said Lindsey didn't deserve it. That kind of description is pretty telling.[/QUOTE]

This probably explains why Chris could only look at her fingers during the Anthony Mason interview. She was feeling guilty, and so she should be (for taking part, or doing nothing once she found out.....whatever her part was). Mick and Stevie were too busy selling their story, John never talks.

Guilt is like karma.......a b#%^h that'll eat you alive. I'm sure they will all feel the effects at some point. Well, maybe not Stevie and Mick. They have no souls (and they used to be my favourites).
Old 07-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think that lessens her responsibility. It's EASY to just sit back and let sh*t happen.

After the LOVE I saw between them last year............for her to let this happen is ABSOLUTELY UNFORGIVABLE. I hope she's let the guilt tear her up inside.

Unless their "love" was just as fake as him and OGB. If so, the f*ck the lot of them.
God, I hope not. Is she as evil as Wendy Welch portrayed her to be? Is my FM world crumbling down?
Old 07-05-2018, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't imagine Stevie and Lindsey working together again. Ever. Even before Lindsey was fired there was clearly a lot of bad blood between them. That's why I can't understand why he wants to be back.

Lindsey and Christine friends? I don't think so. They fit well profesionally but I don't see a friendship there.
It's inconceivable that he would ever go back. It would be the ultimate emasculation for him to do so. A poor pup with it's tail tucked between it's legs. What a man he'd be, then. "My studio genius made these people who they are. They throw me away like yesterday's trash, and now I go groveling back". This is a no win scenario for him.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God, I hope not. Is she as evil as Wendy Welch portrayed her to be? Is my FM world crumbling down?
I believe 90% of what Wendy said. It's at the least, what she was told. Bob was her world, and she wouldn't have lied about it(at least I don't think she would have).

My FM world began crumbling with Wendy's accusations towards Christine. And the crap has been rolling downhill ever since. And it's gaining speed...
Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I believe 90% of what Wendy said. It's at the least, what she was told. Bob was her world, and she wouldn't have lied about it(at least I don't think she would have).

My FM world began crumbling with Wendy's accusations towards Christine. And the crap has been rolling downhill ever since. And it's gaining speed...
I have a hard time listening to their music anymore. Solo Stevie has been stripped from my Pandora playlist. I'm so disillusioned by all of this. I always thought they were the coolest bunch of people on the face of the earth.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Chris may have been looking at her fingers in that interview, but she's also telling everyone how happy she is to play with Finn and Campbell and how great they all sound etc., etc. If she feels guilty, she's hiding it well. I don't give her a pass either.

If she had stood up to Mick, they would have had to rethink firing Lindsey. Going on without Lindsey is one thing, but going on without Lindsey AND Christine? That would have been far more difficult.

Christine is guilty, too. They all betrayed Lindsey. Stevie was the instigator, Mick was the enforcer, John was the mindless follower, Chris was the passive enabler... they all participated in this.

ETA: I daresay lawyers told them to avoid talking to Lindsey, but it's still awful.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-05-2018 at 11:57 PM..
Old 07-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were both antagonistic to each other but I think Lindsey wasn't as negative about it in his mindframe of the whole 'willing to live through the bad stuff to achieve your inner purpose' thing.
There's also the fact that he's old, he's been in that band for the majority of his adult life, put a hell of a lot of work into it, has his whole musical legacy tied up in there and so what's happened is probably a disaster/very emotionally traumatizing.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Chris may have been looking at her fingers in that interview, but she's also telling everyone how happy she is to play with Finn and Campbell and how great they all sound etc., etc. If she feels guilty, she's hiding it well. I don't give her a pass either.

If she had stood up to Mick, they would have had to rethink firing Lindsey. Going on without Lindsey is one thing, but going on without Lindsey AND Christine? That would have been far more difficult.

Christine is guilty, too. They all betrayed Lindsey. Stevie was the instigator, Mick was the enforcer, John was the mindless follower, Chris was the passive enabler... they all participated in this.

ETA: I daresay lawyers told them to avoid talking to Lindsey, but it's still awful.
^^^
I've said this from day one. Christine is THE ONE who could have stopped it. Yet she did nothing. If they lost her, too, it would have been ALL OVER. They couldn't have gone on without LB OR CM. It'd just be the $tevie Nick$ band then. But she did nothing. Maybe Wendy Welch was spot on about her.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
They were both antagonistic to each other but I think Lindsey wasn't as negative about it in his mindframe of the whole 'willing to live through the bad stuff to achieve your inner purpose' thing.
There's also the fact that he's old, he's been in that band for the majority of his adult life, put a hell of a lot of work into it, has his whole musical legacy tied up in there and so what's happened is probably a disaster/very emotionally traumatizing.
Exactly. Lindsey stuck it out through the tough times, through the drama, through the tantrums, because of the music. The music is more important than anything else - it's more important than ego, than suffering, than the satisfaction of vengeance. That's why he put aside his feelings to work on Stevie's music. That's why they kept on working together despite everything that was going on between them in the past. That's why he's willing to keep on working with them now.

All of you people condemning him for his feelings... really? This is a huge part of his life, both professionally and emotionally. Don't you think he loved being in front of those crowds and making music with his band of 40+ years? Of course he doesn't want to leave it. Of course he wants it back.

I would love to believe
I believe what you say
In the drama of the moment
For us there is no easy way
No one ever leaves
Everyone stays close 'til the fire fades

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-06-2018 at 12:36 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Exactly. Lindsey stuck it out through the tough times, through the drama, through the tantrums, because of the music. The music is more important than anything else - it's more important than ego, than suffering, than the satisfaction of vengeance. That's why he put aside his feelings to work on Stevie's music. That's why they kept on working together despite everything that was going on between them in the past. That's why he's willing to keep on working with them now.

All of you judgmental people condemning him for his feelings... really? This is a huge part of his life, both professionally and emotionally. Of course he doesn't want to leave it. Of course he wants it back.

I would love to believe
I believe what you say
In the drama of the moment
For us there is no easy way
No one ever leaves
Everyone stays close 'til the fire fades

Funny, Stevie wrote that.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Funny, Stevie wrote that.
I know, and I hope the echo of it is still somewhere inside her.