User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder what the directions the venue gets from FM about this are. It definitely seems to have changed from Unleashed. I mean, even though some venues are more lenient than others, it sounds like security at the stage is tighter all the way around this tour, as compared to last.
I'm pretty sure it's the venue security that had changed and gotten more intense and not the band's security. I only say that because 1. the intensity of the security has been drastically different from venue to venue this tour which wouldn't change if it was the band calling the shots rather than the specific venues, and 2. at multiple shows I've been helped to the front by band security while the venue security was being very strict and policing the aisles and stage. They actually questioned the band's security and tried to stop them from letting us up once until they showed the venue's guards that they were with the band and flashed them their pass.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I will be there, & I am know that I'm not a familiar face I will be in the first level, on Christine's side but almost @ the top of that first level. I don't think it'll be that bad though, but I may not be able to see John or Mick except maybe on the big screen. I've been looking forward to this since April. Can't believe it's FINALLy here.

Have fun everyone!

Lee
I was 17 rows behind/beside Christine...so, some 60 feet or so from one of my favorite folks ever? Hahaha. Her voice was amazing. I said it before on here, but the fact that she did take so many years off the road has kept her voice so very strong.

If I recall, the only lyric flub was Stevie inserted part of the third verse into the first verse of Seven Wonders. She made it work, though. Also, I never noticed until having that close of a seat that she has a teleprompter. And Stevie expressed dynamics in her voice that night too, which made me very happy.

Did anyone else notice that on the bridge portion of Big Love, specifically the part where the audience always cheers, that Lindsey seemed to have missed some of the melody notes? Maybe that actually wasn't true, but I could swear there were little jumps I never heard on other performances. Maybe this happened elsewhere on the tour as well?

According to an adjacent concert-goer, Lindsey was a lot more alive in this performance.

You could tell that a lot of the crowd was not as aware of I Know I'm Not Wrong, hahaha.

I love how Stevie would join Christine on vocals for You Make Lovin' Fun among others.

Even though they opened with The Chain, it totally was worth it, and going to You Make Lovin' Fun was a very welcomed change.

Not gonna lie, I kind of felt a John- and Mick-like response to Songbird. Lovely.

I'm a 26-year-old African American male and got to see my favorite band for the second time, this time including my favorite member. It was a wonderful evening.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwelchera View Post
I was 17 rows behind/beside Christine...so, some 60 feet or so from one of my favorite folks ever? Hahaha. Her voice was amazing. I said it before on here, but the fact that she did take so many years off the road has kept her voice so very strong.

If I recall, the only lyric flub was Stevie inserted part of the third verse into the first verse of Seven Wonders. She made it work, though. Also, I never noticed until having that close of a seat that she has a teleprompter. And Stevie expressed dynamics in her voice that night too, which made me very happy.

Did anyone else notice that on the bridge portion of Big Love, specifically the part where the audience always cheers, that Lindsey seemed to have missed some of the melody notes? Maybe that actually wasn't true, but I could swear there were little jumps I never heard on other performances. Maybe this happened elsewhere on the tour as well?

According to an adjacent concert-goer, Lindsey was a lot more alive in this performance.

You could tell that a lot of the crowd was not as aware of I Know I'm Not Wrong, hahaha.

I love how Stevie would join Christine on vocals for You Make Lovin' Fun among others.

Even though they opened with The Chain, it totally was worth it, and going to You Make Lovin' Fun was a very welcomed change.

Not gonna lie, I kind of felt a John- and Mick-like response to Songbird. Lovely.

I'm a 26-year-old African American male and got to see my favorite band for the second time, this time including my favorite member. It was a wonderful evening.
Glad you had a great Mac experience! I agree with you about the crowd not being familiar with IKINW. The lady next to me asked me mid song what the name of that song was!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Glad you had a great Mac experience! I agree with you about the crowd not being familiar with IKINW. The lady next to me asked me mid song what the name of that song was!!
I can add to that as well. In D.C., the crowd was very puzzled by the song as well lol. Some even seemed to not be sure about SOTM as well.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 PM
llb

I love how the floor crowd realizes the song Never Going Back Again is starting and they stand up to watch how Lindsey is playing that beautiful piece. (not sure why they ever sat down in the first place.)
And Christine's accordion is so adorable to me.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by llb View Post
I love how the floor crowd realizes the song Never Going Back Again is starting and they stand up to watch how Lindsey is playing that beautiful piece. (not sure why they ever sat down in the first place.)
And Christine's accordion is so adorable to me.
I love Christine on the accordion. She and Lindsey had a lot more affection than he and Stevie, which I think was cool.

I stood up for most of the night, much to the chagrin of the folks behind me - I'm 6'2", hahaha. I only sat a little because my feet hurt.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwelchera View Post
I love Christine on the accordion. She and Lindsey had a lot more affection than he and Stevie, which I think was cool.

I stood up for most of the night, much to the chagrin of the folks behind me - I'm 6'2", hahaha. I only sat a little because my feet hurt.
so glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing
Old 10-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I can't believe it's been a year!

I can't believe it's been a year today that I saw them. I can't believe it; it seems like yesterday. My videos from the show are on youtube somewhere. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctq6n3OE710

Gypsy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD_MtyvZxNw

It was a good show!

Lee

Last edited by Lee; 10-29-2015 at 02:13 PM..
Old 10-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I can't believe it's been a year today that I saw them. I can't believe it; it seems like yesterday. My videos from the show are on youtube somewhere.
ah yeah! some of my close friends were at that show.

and than 2 days later DC Halloween show.

it was a great day!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"