Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Straight talk and calling like it is is this:
Lindsey is no longer a member of Feetwood Mac.
Dear ancient queen, I'm saddened that you're so accepting of the lamentable current state of the band and with the unconscionable manner and timing in which it came about, or that "ten months" is anything like the allotted time for being accepting of any of it.

Except for the handful of conspiracy truthers out there who think this was all a scheme leading up to The Dance Redux in 2028, I think the logical corners of the brains of Stevie fans have realized that in order for the lawsuit to have been settled so readily even without Lindsey being subject to any gag order regarding the circumstances of his ousting, one is left with the sorry conclusion that Stevie has behaved truly shamefully due to her "winner takes all" mindset.

The induction is a convenient distraction for Stevie fans to not focus on the above conclusion.
But if there is a Rock and Roll Hall of Shame, she deserves to be sent there instead.
Yet, then again, she wouldn't get inducted: because apparently she doesn't have any.

Nor, it would seem, do her more ardent fans.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-14-2018 at 06:43 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that could have to do with people not taking the overprotective mama bears fighting Lindseys fights online THAT serious anymore. It's 10 months+ now and some moving on happened or should really happen soon by now, it get's tiring. And maybe, there is an element of compassion towards the Lindsey fans. He uses what he can for much needed media coverage just now, when Stevie is the first ever two-time female Inductee into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame while he is sinking further into irrelevance now that his tour is over. That's kinda bittersweet.

It's over (for now).

You asked!
Stevie Nicks has no more relevance than Lindsey, actually less now that her recording career seems to be effectively over. That's what induction into the mausoleum known as the RRHOF really signalizes - the final nail in the coffin of being relevant. When is Stevie's next album coming out, based on all-new material? Lindsey at least still writes new songs.

I don't care how many boring piano plonk versions of FM songs Stevie plays on TV, that's not really relevance. She hasn't been relevant since The Dance, and that's being generous. When younger artists praise her work, they're talking about what she did 40 years ago. And hardly ever her solo stuff - it's the songs she did in FM that are most remembered.

We all know she's being inducted into the RRHOF for extra-musical reasons. She's an iconic woman, and that's great. Objectively, her solo career isn't that good. One decent album, and all downhill in quality from there. There's a lot more worthy artists not in the RRHOF, if we're basing this strictly on musical merits.

And we don't ever have to accept that it was the right thing to do to fire Lindsey. It wasn't, and that's not going to change in 10 months or 10 years from now. She abused her power in the band to get him fired - there's really no defense for that.

Last edited by saniette; 12-14-2018 at 09:15 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that could have to do with people not taking the overprotective mama bears fighting Lindseys fights online THAT serious anymore. It's 10 months+ now and some moving on happened or should really happen soon by now, it get's tiring. And maybe, there is an element of compassion towards the Lindsey fans. He uses what he can for much needed media coverage just now, when Stevie is the first ever two-time female Inductee into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame while he is sinking further into irrelevance now that his tour is over. That's kinda bittersweet.

It's over (for now).

You asked!
You know I highly respect you but I just want to say your words kinda hurt my feelings here. I understand you want to stick it to the SN haters but it is entirely possible for you to defend Stevie without putting Lindsey Buckingham down. I love my Rumours 5 as a whole unit. I don't like to read anyone putting any single one of them down.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Stevie Nicks has no more relevance than Lindsey, actually less now that her recording career seems to be effectively over.
yup. you can spin it however you want, but relevance in music is normally ascribed to having something current to say.

it's interesting that at several most recent m&gs LB was telling fans that he's doing great, while the wheels are falling off FM bus, fast. the picture you see might be very different from what is happening behind the scenes. and SN's RS interview is even more extreme rambling version of her musicares speech which we know made everyone in that band waltz and smrk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I Really Do Love Me
verse....

I love myself
I love myself
I love myself

Chorus
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
you will never forget me
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

verse 2...
I love myself more than last verse
I lover myself more than last verse
I love myself more than last verse
bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Repeat chorus

Written By Stevie Nicks Jimmy Iovine Rick Nowels Rod and Sandy Stewart Mike Campbell and Chrissy Hyde
makes me sad for her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-17-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's interesting that at several most recent m&gs LB was telling fans that he's doing great, while the wheels are falling off FM bus, fast. the picture you see might be very different from what is happening behind the scenes. and SN's RS interview is even more extreme rambling version of her musicares speech which we know made everyone in that band waltz and smrk.
And we know he's doing great, because he was nothing more than playful, and fun and chatty with us. He really wanted to listen to our opinions about his music, his songs, FM, everything.

She, on the other hand, is telling always the same scripted story, and the fact that she doesn't want to discuss anything related to Lindsey is suspicious, while he has been talking about her since day one.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And we know he's doing great, because he was nothing more than playful, and fun and chatty with us. He really wanted to listen to our opinions about his music, his songs, FM, everything.
his "gotta forgive" got me very worried that he'll feel bad for them and get sucked back in.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-18-2018, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
his "gotta forgive" got me very worried that he'll feel bad for them and get sucked back in.
I hope that never happens. He truly should never go back again. Not after this sh*t show.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

She, on the other hand, is telling always the same scripted story, and the fact that she doesn't want to discuss anything related to Lindsey is suspicious, while he has been talking about her since day one.
I feel like he was devastated for about a month. But, when that happens you sometimes get a re-birth. What they did to him was extremely hurtful. And when you rise above it, you fly away into the sun.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like he was devastated for about a month. But, when that happens you sometimes get a re-birth. What they did to him was extremely hurtful. And when you rise above it, you fly away into the sun.
I'm sure he's still trying to understand why they did what they did to him. But there are also some wackos that are still defending her, without even knowing what happened. So, as long as she has her fans and her yes-people she probably see how much harm she did.

It's her loss and you're right, he has risen above all her sh*t and is now stronger than ever. We know it hasn't been the same for her, though.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 01-12-2019, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks destroyed any chances of a last Fleetwood Mac album, and a classic lineup tour. She is responsible.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Stevie Nicks destroyed any chances of a last Fleetwood Mac album, and a classic lineup tour. She is responsible.
I think this drama will go on until someone in the classic lineup dies. And if that person is not Stevie or Lindsey, then I still think there would be a possibility to tour BN. A morbid thought but this is a band known for its drama.

Lindsey and Stevie both quit the band in the 80s/90s and when they rejoined for The Dance they sounded better than ever. Granted, years passed, but this is a connection that I do not see ever being fully severed.

Perhaps an album is too much to hope for but I would not rule out a farewell tour as long as the five classic lineup members are still alive and well.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would they tour BN, when they don't want it released? Ain't gonna happen...
Old 01-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I think this drama will go on until someone in the classic lineup dies. And if that person is not Stevie or Lindsey, then I still think there would be a possibility to tour BN. A morbid thought but this is a band known for its drama.

Lindsey and Stevie both quit the band in the 80s/90s and when they rejoined for The Dance they sounded better than ever. Granted, years passed, but this is a connection that I do not see ever being fully severed.

Perhaps an album is too much to hope for but I would not rule out a farewell tour as long as the five classic lineup members are still alive and well.
I think this time is definitely over between these two. What she did was personal, and he knows it. Hell, how many times did he say in the last couple of months that "it was all Stevie"? He's clearly hurt by her actions and I don't think his return will be so easy.

It's different this time.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
yup. you can spin it however you want, but relevance in music is normally ascribed to having something current to say.

makes me sad for her.
Feel sad for her? She's made millions off songs like that!
Old 01-14-2019, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Feel sad for her? She's made millions off songs like that!
And this would be a perfect opportunity to write a whole album about Lindsey and how she's more powerful than him. Feminists would be over the moon!

But yeah, behind the scenes she might be living a very different story than the one she's trying to portray. Not sad, but sorry for her .