do you think he just lost interest?
Old 01-20-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It might just be that simple.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

What is the name of the new tumblr/blog?
Old 01-21-2016, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Probably got tired of dealing with pissy fans creating drama.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-21-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Probably got tired of dealing with pissy fans creating drama.
I remember if he talked Carol too much or didn't talk about Stevie enough, the crazies would come out. He tried to handle them with as much class as I've ever seen. He's a better man than I! lol
Old 01-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, out of the blue he recently posted something on 20th January. Quite a cooincidence considering the short discussion on here at around that time. Perhaps just a subtle message to us all to say he's alright.
If you are reading Richard- I hope you are well.
Perhaps you'd consider joining The Ledge
Old 01-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Well, out of the blue he recently posted something on 20th January. Quite a cooincidence considering the short discussion on here at around that time. Perhaps just a subtle message to us all to say he's alright.
If you are reading Richard- I hope you are well.
Perhaps you'd consider joining The Ledge
On reflection the most recent message was by Stacy. Hi Stacy!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:37 AM

We’re Back (yawn)

No, seriously, we are really back. This time, with a web site that’s much more robust and stimulating (just plain more fun.) Truth is, Stacy and myself have been gathering more content and ideas to make this more permanent and vital, so it may continue long after the band stops touring. It’s becoming more and more important, as every day passes, that a place exists for the FM community to relate and communicate the band’s legacy in the most accurate and sensitive way possible under today’s internet environment. The new web address is slated to start around April 1 (yes, I know, April Fools Day, how appropriate.) At that point, we will announce the new web site and what the hell is going on up side our silly heads with the future. As always, we will be here on tumblr, which we truly love. It’s just we need to expand and find a way to get this site to pay for itself (and perhaps, if lucky, some left over for charity.) The last tumblr blog was such an overwhelming success that, we were quickly swamped and out too much money to continue the way we wanted, and do it with integrity. After many punter requests to buy both Fleetwood Mac related and blog related items (including limited, original, hand signed photographs, t-shirts, hats, etc.) we have decided to open a store. Don’t worry, most everything is still free and available on our website. It’s just that for those who do chose to purchase, you now have that option and we can put that money back to work on our website. We are also looking for some talented, dedicated people out there in this big wide world to help contribute to our site. Please get in touch if you would like to join our team and let us know how you would like to contribute and what special talents you posses. We are very open at this point, so please do get involved. Well that’s about it for the moment, stay aware for future updates and thanks for your patience and support……..dashut & stacyb

http://thepenguinstale.tumblr.com/po...were-back-yawn
Old 02-26-2016, 02:29 PM

I saw this. We'll see what happens. Glad he's ok.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still convinced there are the two Mirage tour videos out there somewhere. The two videos being the uncut HBO filmed LA show and the US Festival video.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I'm still convinced there are the two Mirage tour videos out there somewhere. The two videos being the uncut HBO filmed LA show and the US Festival video.
That would be the greatest discovery ever.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I would love to see the out takes and B roll of both, as well!
Old 02-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That would be the greatest discovery ever.

Is anyone on here really rich and/or have any connections? I'm sure if someone had the resources, they could track down those videos.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 02-27-2016 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dashet Role in Preserving the Legacy

Quote:
I suggested to Richard on his old blog that he approach Mick about a role in editing old video concert footage, specifically the Mirage and Tusk documentary (the Tusk has some awful overdubs of crowd cheering on the concert footage that is hideous). I assume that Warner Bros. owns the rights to these videos, and would have to be involved in any re-release. "Uncut" versions of additional concert footage would be great (I, like many others, think they missed the boat on the recent Tusk super-deluxe release by not including that documentary). Even with Richard's back issues, his production skills could be put to excellent use in cleaning up these videos. I keep hoping that Warners will wake up and see the iconic status that FM is gaining in the musical world (no longer "soft rock" - just great music). Not everything has to sell a million copies (some things never change in the business world), rather a steady stream of "pebbles in the pond" that continues to gain momentum with waves of cash rolling in as the tipping point is reached.

The US festival likely has a different set of legal obstacles, the organizer's rights versus the band's rights (an agreement would likely have to be executed as to how to split the profits). While you would think FM would agree to less than ideal percentage for "another pebble in the pond," attorneys and managers on both sides are likely trying to maximize their clients (and their own $) through negotiations. Meanwhile, the faithful fans wait.

Last edited by lbfan; 02-28-2016 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: Noticed Dashut misspelled in Topic line, but can't seem to edit that after posting.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be nice if we could at least get the Mirage tour video of The Chain back on YouTube in the US. That was the best video of The Chain and it's not available in America anymore for whatever reason, which is completely ridiculous.