User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're so nice, we named you twice. It's probably Elizabeth and Will couldn't pronounce her name so she got called LeeLee.

Michele
I'm pretty sure it is LeeLee, like the actress LeeLee Sobieski.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I mean, we can't deny that the length of time they were together keeps getting longer. There's got to be some explanation for that
Old age and lapsed memory.

Stevie is hilarious to me the way she tries to put a date or time to everything anyway. Whether she means it or not, it always seems rather sinister to me. It's like she said she was on cocaine from 1977 - 1985 and then she says, 'I can't tell you about anyone else. I'm the only one who went to rehab. I'm the only one who has it documented. I don't know when the others stopped using it.' Something about the way she says that makes me think, "Man, her bandmates are probably huge cokeheads to this day!"

Or when she was promoting SYW, she said what time they got to the studio and what time they left and she also said what time Lindsey got in and what time he left and I was just thinking, "she keeps track of that stuff just in case she needs an alibi!"

Michele
Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Except that I didn't think she was in Fritz in '66...although absolutely nothing would surprise me at this point.

But, yeah, the way she said it lead me to believe she meant they actually began a relationship in '66. (Which adds credence to my Edge theory...)
So, we have to doubt that, "I never heard from him again for two years." Look, they probably got intimate before the last bars of California Dreaming were sung!

Michele
Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, we have to doubt that, "I never heard from him again for two years." Look, they probably got intimate before the last bars of California Dreaming were sung!

Michele
That is why she called Dreams Dreams, isn't it? I'm pretty confused about the timeline of their relationship. I used to think that they were together as a couple from 1968 - 1976, only to change into "Friends with benefits" from 1977 until 1987. They managed to keep from each other from 1987 until 1997. Then came The Dance and there is no freakin' way that they did not start their relationship again (Stevies point of view) or had a more discreet fling behind Kristens back (Lindseys point of view) until' Lindseys and Kristens son was born and Stevie pulled a stop to it. Now after that? Excuse my dirty mind, but they did what they are used to do for awhile even after that. Nowadays, I think that they are over romantically, but on the other hand old habbits don't die. I guess we'll never know.

That is of course only my own opinion, maybe filled with rumours I heard, but no known facts.

Anyone with other opinions?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I'm pretty sure it is LeeLee, like the actress LeeLee Sobieski.
Oh, that's interesting. Leelee is a nickname for that actress. That's funny when I think about it because I believe Stevie said that she wanted to name a child Lillian (Rachel Lillian) and that actress is named Liliane.

Michele
Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, that's interesting. Leelee is a nickname for that actress. That's funny when I think about it because I believe Stevie said that she wanted to name a child Lillian (Rachel Lillian) and that actress is named Liliane.

Michele
Oh, the irony.

Pretty name.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know for sure, but I've never heard her referred to by anything else, and for some reason I think I remember reading about it when she was born and everyone thought it was an unusual choice for a name.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
I wonder if it's the Little Lies video footage, or maybe the Edge of 17 video...can't think what else it could be.
No idea, but here's a new link ... I hope that's the end of the part 5 problems!
Sorry it took me so long to post!
http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/s...rent=part5.flv
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Is anyone else bored witless by the constant harping on about Lindsey & Stevie's relationship?

I mean for Christsakes it was over a long time ago! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Thank you I feel so much better now

Gail
I was bored with it 18 years ago. It was rather pathetic then, and now it's just blatent pandering, mostly on Stevie's part. Since their break up in 1977 has there not been a single thing for her to talk about from an artistic aspect? Has her life been so stunted? Can you imagine your life and focus of conversation being dominated by a relationship that died so long ago? I don't know of any other artists who are so rooted in their past. It's not a good thing. Get over and on with it.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I was bored with it 18 years ago. It was rather pathetic then, and now it's just blatent pandering, mostly on Stevie's part. Since their break up in 1977 has there not been a single thing for her to talk about from an artistic aspect? Has her life been so stunted? Can you imagine your life and focus of conversation being dominated by a relationship that died so long ago? I don't know of any other artists who are so rooted in their past. It's not a good thing. Get over and on with it.

ROFLOL!!! Thank you Warner Brothers!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I think it's more to do with the fact that thats all they ever get asked about sometimes!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydimecaper View Post
I think it's more to do with the fact that thats all they ever get asked about sometimes!
I think you probably have a point there! The Ledge is full of fans who know that the Mac are more than the sexual tension and the in-fighting, but the casual fan and the general public -- for whom these documentaries are generally made -- will only know that well-documented part of the band's history.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

But, yeah, the way she said it lead me to believe she meant they actually began a relationship in '66. (Which adds credence to my Edge theory...)
and MINE

however...i'm a lil confused by this timeline
Stevie says in her gypsy intro that she met Lindsey when she was a senior and he was a junior...so in 1965-66 but that she didn't see him again for 2 years when she got the call about Fritz. when exactly did she join the band?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I thought that was strange too. As if... part of the reason she hasn't visited is because his kids are there (which strikes me as GOOD reason to visit).
or more like there is a reason [read: wife] STOPPING her

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
I thought that was a very telling comment from her. It would not surprise me if she believes that once the children are older, she and he will live out their lives together as they were 'meant to do' but couldn't manage in the usual way.
Equally, who's to say they won't????/
so this time period should roll around in about 20 years...
when they're finally together
is this when one of them dies, leaving the other one alone ON {in} THE BED?

Mama is quite Prophetic...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
and MINE

however...i'm a lil confused by this timeline
Stevie says in her gypsy intro that she met Lindsey when she was a senior and he was a junior...so in 1965-66 but that she didn't see him again for 2 years when she got the call about Fritz. when exactly did she join the band?
Stevie is also a little confused.

She moved to SF in '65 and met Lindsey then graduated in '66. She joined Fritz in '67 and was living in Los Gatos with Lindsey by '69.

Oh, and as far as her not seeing him again for two years - bunk! She lived two blocks away for crying out loud... Maybe she was rouding up a little.

So far that's the most accurate...stay tuned.