Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well............
This site definitely has subjects that alot of folks consider taboo, and that is too bad, BUT at least we can have discussions on broad FM topics and we are allowed to disagree most of the time. If you do disagree, around here, at least it is pretty easy to still find people to talk to that do agree with you.

Mick's site won't even have the chance to evolve the way this one has if they don't cut it out over there.

If the Mick Board persists in flaming everyone who has a differet opinion than the mods, then I think people will stop going there, "incentives" or not.

We are all smart enough to know how to get tickets without having to put up with that.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default fan club??

$90.00? Out of the question...

As for no arguments on that board-all I can say is I know a post was deleted so there must have been some kind of an argument, and after that here was a post asking everyone to behave and not let Mick's board become "like some others" where everybody fights=-) Had to get a kick out of that one.

The Ledge will be going on long after that one has fallen into obscurity because you know after the tour that will be the end of it. They just want to get people revved up for the concert..
Old 12-15-2002, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Dont y'all...

find it funny that they talk about "the Ledge" so much over there?? Apparently SOMEONE is watching this "big family gathering" WE have over here...Must be some type of envy IMO, Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went to Mick's board a few times after it first came up, but I haven't been back since. It's just too lame, IMO. lol. I can't believe that he is asking 90 bucks to join the fanclub. No thanks. And if there is anything that's even remotely interesting that comes from it, I'm sure you'll more than likely be able to find it on Ebay in a couple of years for a dollar or two. As for tickets...well, I had fourth row for the Dance...just from going to Ticketmaster the day they went on sale. Eleventh row for TISL from Ticketmaster the day before the show. I think I can manage to get decent seats on my own.

~Angela~
Old 12-15-2002, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile YEAH!

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
if there is anything that's even remotely interesting that comes from it, I'm sure you'll more than likely be able to find it on Ebay in a couple of years for a dollar or two
Exactly! The only thing of interest to me that is "to only go to members" is the Mojo CD so why should I (in effect) pay $90 (for the membership) + $20 for the CD itself = $110 for a CD that I can get on ebay a little while later (and then Mick doesn't get any of the precious money he wants so bad out of this)? I like to get the music the minute it comes out like the next guy but when it comes to THIS kind of price difference, um, I think I can wait a few months until it comes out officially (or like on ebay as said above)!

I did ask Knight straight out (since he says that "the members will get this CD FIRST (TWICE he used the "first" phrase)" if he is saying that this means that the members will get it first and THEN it will be released (and/or sold at the "gallery") or released in some other form AFTER that initial "givng out to the members" of this CD but as yet, he has not answered it and no doubt if/when he does, he will not give a straight "yes" or "no" when that is all I'm asking for, oh well!

Once again, this seems to be another sad example of how Mick thinks he can make money and then fail at getting it (in the amount he seems to think he will get of it anyways). I know the "Mick lovers" who obviously lurk here will take exception to what I say here so I must state my usual disclaimers here again of "I LOVE Mick AS A DRUMMER but..."

I visit his site less and less as each day goes on as well. If fleetwoodmac.com is to be the same way as his site/board (no doubt it will be if it does evolve in to anything at all as it's apparently going to be run by the same folks) then this makes me all the MORE determined (than I already am) to post any news about the band and it members HERE to help keep The Penguin/Ledgeboards the best place on the web for all things FM (whether they like it or not! NA, NA NA, NA NA, NA!)

JMHO though.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 12-15-2002 at 07:47 PM..
Old 12-16-2002, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

to join or not to join Mick's board, personally I'm still lurking myself. The board is still tooo new so it's a bit like the Wild West over there with lots of posts with very little substance. Besides I'm not crazy about the way it's organized...

$50 - $90 dollars to join his fanclub, Mick does love his money, the twins will need college you know!!! I have a feeling that Johnny Stew and nodmod are right, we'll pay a lot for very little, I'm definetely not interested in 3D glasses.

...so we fight here...big deal...the Ledge has learned the hard way the fine line between the free exchange of ideas and verbal abuse and overall it's made the Ledge stronger. Even though some really good knowledgeable posters have been "lost" along the way. In the final analysis, The Ledge always has the more interesting topics/opinions and info plus the usual sugary "I love Stevie, I love Lindsey, I love Mick" posts.

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 12-16-2002 at 12:01 PM..
Old 12-16-2002, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really think that for $90.00 we should get:

A promo copy of the new Mac cd and/or single.

First 10 rows center seating for every venue.

A Meet & Greet with the band.

A press kit from the new CD.

Thats all I can think of for now. It will never happen, but one can have hope.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
I really think that for $90.00 we should get:

Thats all I can think of for now. It will never happen, but one can have hope.
Personally I'd be willing to pay more than $90 for all of that!
Old 12-17-2002, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question about this silly fan club....so you pay the stinkin $90 for membership fees and you get pre-order tickets right? Well, you still have to pay for the tickets right? And full price. I am just going on assumption here. Full price wont be cheap for a Fleetwood Mac concert. No question about that. If this is all true, then what is the benefit? I cant see a one!

Oh and I totally agree with getting:
Quote:

Now that would be worth every penny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 12-17-2002, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It has now been pointed out that the pre-sale tickets might not be in the first few rows but surely it is more important that we have ok seats with other fans....Um no!!! lol

Pip
Old 12-18-2002, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah......guys, $90 is SOOOOOOOO expensive for a fan club.....I have been doing research on fan clubs all sesmter for the record company I am interning for and let me tell you that the average price for fan clubs is about $27.00, so I don't know WHERE they are coming up with this $50-$90 stuff......and yes, we will have to pay for tickets on top of that $90 fee.....I don't think I am going to do it....that kind of price makes me want to go out and use a scalper even more. Micks people need to really rethink that.....the only other artist that charges $90 is PRINCE, but his fans get like 3 cd's a year of original music, VIP passes to soundchecks and after parties, and good tickets. Sorry I'm not all that psyched about the 3D glasses.....lol.

Kristin
Old 12-18-2002, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by kristin
....Sorry I'm not all that psyched about the 3D glasses.....lol...
I got a pair of 3D glasses in my packet of Kellogs this morning. Maybe I should ask for a 33% discount now that I already have 1/3 of their Fan Club package.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my god.....such a good call!! haha.....

Kristin
Old 12-19-2002, 11:30 AM

Thumbs down

NO THANX!!!!!