User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Keep on Keepin on girl!

Hey Wendy,
Just saying that you totally have my support. It seems like like an endless battle but big hugs and we keep posting.
J.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Keep on going, Wendy, and stay strong!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And I too know that you're frustrated, Wendy. Trying to right the wrongs....

You know, Bob and Christine are my all time favorite members of FM. And I've believed every word you've said about Christine. It was heartbreaking for me to read, but I(unfortunately) believe it all.

We do hold these people up on a pedestal, hoping that they're saints. And of course they're not. They have as many faults as us common people. It's easy to forget that sometimes.

I'm not sure that I believe in actual justice happening, these days, but if it still exists, Bob will be inducted. Because it's the ONLY right thing to do. And we all know that.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Mick was managing Bob and Chris did it for Mick as far as the Roxy show was concerned, but not his solo albums with Captol.

By the way, Christine never collaberated with him nor did Mick, Stevie or Lindsey. Lindsey produced one song and Chris sang backup on one song.

If this is true, and I don't have reason to doubt it,
why would Bob want or allow Christine to
be involved at all on any of his projects?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And I too know that you're frustrated, Wendy. Trying to right the wrongs....

You know, Bob and Christine are my all time favorite members of FM. And I've believed every word you've said about Christine. It was heartbreaking for me to read, but I(unfortunately) believe it all.

We do hold these people up on a pedestal, hoping that they're saints. And of course they're not. They have as many faults as us common people. It's easy to forget that sometimes.

I'm not sure that I believe in actual justice happening, these days, but if it still exists, Bob will be inducted. Because it's the ONLY right thing to do. And we all know that.
I agree with this 100%!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By the way, Christine never collaberated with him nor did Mick, Stevie or Lindsey. Lindsey produced one song and Chris sang backup on one song. Mick had nothing to do with his solo albums with Capitol. So you are quite misinformed. No collaberation, just paid to sing and produce, big payments to them, I might add and royalties.They contributed nothing to the songwriting or lead vocals or guitars, etc. Lindsey is an incredible producer who I totally admire for all of his talents. I will say no more.
Mick, Christine, and Lindsey all played on “Sentimental Lady,” with Lindsey and Christine providing backing vocals. In fact, I think Bob only played bass and sang lead vocals on that song. (The guitar playing is unquestionably Lindsey Buckingham.)

The others made contributions to “Three Hearts” as well. Mick played on “The Ghost of Flight 401,” Christine played and sang on “Come Softly to Me” and “Don’t Wait Too Long,” and Stevie sang on “Devil Wind.”

Also, Mick and Stevie periodically made cameos at Bob’s shows. Even John McVie made a cameo with Bob in Japan when McVie was playing with Mayall.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you so much for explaining yourself. I have had to stand up to these statements ffor a long time and I must admit I overreacted, but it is so hard to accept the "no flies on me" Christine that everyone seems to think they know . It is just so not true and really sets me off. I apologize if I went off, but I do admit that this stuff just breaks my heart because I know how terribly Bob was treated by her before and after his death.
Funnily, my perception of Christine was never that she was "perfect" so to speak. I never had her on a pedestal or thought she was faultless. In fact, I embraced her faults. The things I admire about her never called for her to be kind or good. So, if I believed that she kept Bob Welch out of the RRHOF that would not change my view of her at all.

I urge you to get Bob's story out there in full, in context. So, we can read all of his thoughts, the ones that you've disclosed and others, together. Even if you can't get a publisher (or maybe you already have one), you can sell directly to fans and I think the initial interest that is sparked among the fan community would encourage a publisher to buy it. I know with Amazon publishing out there now and the other alternatives, sometimes authors can generate as much buzz on their own as they could if they had a book deal.

You could even try a kickstarter. I would certainly contribute.

Michele
Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Funnily, my perception of Christine was never that she was "perfect" so to speak. I never had her on a pedestal or thought she was faultless. In fact, I embraced her faults. The things I admire about her never called for her to be kind or good. So, if I believed that she kept Bob Welch out of the RRHOF that would not change my view of her at all.

Michele
But I always wanted to believe that she was kind and good.

But I always embraced her bad habits...the smoking(even though I hate smoking), but especially the fact she was never photographed without a drink in her hand. God, I loved that about her.

So I guess it turns out, that John wasn't the only McVie who was bad, when he was drunk...
Old 11-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I always wanted to believe that she was kind and good.
Oh, I never thought that or wanted to think that. I never got that vibe from her. I mean except with her dogs. I thought she was kind and good to them. Other than that, I just thought she didn't suffer fools gladly or at all. Never doubted she could go after those she thought had wronged her with a vengeance. Though I know that she, like anyone else, could be wrong about her opinions on whether she'd actually been crossed or not.

That's the thing. We all see the "truth" differently and that's why there are juries, to look at the credibility on both sides and come to an objective determination of what's true or not, to the best of their ability. Everyone has justifications for their bad behavior or I guess they don't see it as bad at all. Everyone thinks they were provoked into doing what they did. As an FM fan, I love to hear everyone's conflicting stories and get a big picture of things. The more info we have, the more illuminating. I mean, even if you don't believe something, it's always fun to know the perceptions that people like to have out there of themselves, because that gives you a lot of insight in and of itself.

Quote:
But I always embraced her bad habits...the smoking(even though I hate smoking), but especially the fact she was never photographed without a drink in her hand. God, I loved that about her.
LOL. I have noticed that many fans like instances where the band members drink or curse or smoke (cigarettes or pot) and that makes me laugh. I don't know why people like that. I mean, I don't have anything against it. It doesn't make me uptight or disapproving. But it doesn't titillate me either.

Michele
Old 11-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know any saintly musicians. I was kind of down on Stevie and John Lennon in the past learning about some things... oh and Muddy Waters way before that. If Charles Manson wrote a good song it would still be a good song. I am sorry Christine keeps choosing to not do the better thing.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick, Christine, and Lindsey all played on “Sentimental Lady,” with Lindsey and Christine providing backing vocals. In fact, I think Bob only played bass and sang lead vocals on that song. (The guitar playing is unquestionably Lindsey Buckingham.)

The others made contributions to “Three Hearts” as well. Mick played on “The Ghost of Flight 401,” Christine played and sang on “Come Softly to Me” and “Don’t Wait Too Long,” and Stevie sang on “Devil Wind.”

Also, Mick and Stevie periodically made cameos at Bob’s shows. Even John McVie made a cameo with Bob in Japan when McVie was playing with Mayall.
From French Kiss, Christine also sang backup on 'Lose Your Heart' and 'Easy To Fall'.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bob played guitar on Sentimentla Lady

Lindsey produced Sentimental Lady , but was not paid to play guitar on it. He may have played a few riffs, but please know Bob played guitar on Sentimental Lady unquestionably. And the others sang some backup, very little, I might add.

Also, the book does have a publisher, but I can't work on it until I close probate and straighten my affairs after the first of the year. But it will cover quite a lot, in Bob's words and those who were there. It will tell a story of how powerful and greedy people can take away history and the entire legacy of someone who truly earned that place in history. This book will be more than you every imagined. I will die making this happen if it is necessary. I will always love Bob Welch with all my heart and know how much he gave to the music world, without the help of anyone, although you may think otherwise.

For the rest of Bob's fans, I appreciate and love you for all the support you have given me. And for those who disagree, you just give me more strength to make Bob's true legacy known to the public and dispute all of your disagreements with me and inability to accept the truth. It will be told and I will not be sued for the truth!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick's failure

Also you should know that NOW I don't believe that FM will ever see to it that Bob is inducted in the RRHOF. I think they have made their statement very clear by trying to remove him from their history. I truly saddens me. It could be done by Mick and Christine and John. The RRHOF is not responsible. As I have said before they pick the band and the band picks who is inducted. Mick told me over a year ago "I own the name, and it is not a matter of if, but when" regarding Bob in the HHROF. But that was before he needed Christine back in the bad. He was calling me every week and emailing me and now I receive nothing. I was very patient for over a year, and then realized I was just being shined on by Mick. He doesn't care about Bob, just his own pocketbook.
And that is what I truly believe and all of his past interactions with other members show that.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Angry Bob Welch and Friends/Live at the Roxy

You might also like to know that Bob did many firsts with his successful album French Kiss and his hits. He invited FM to join him with his success to help them with their publicity, not the other way around. Bob Welch and Friends was the first televised special on MTV, not FM and friends. It is also illegally being sold along with Bob Welch and the Roxy and we have never been paid a dime for it. I have tried to track it thru many countries to get paid for this bootleg. There was an inhouse memo that neither could even be played outside of a video disc that belonged to Bob Welch or on MTV as an audio only, yet it is everywhere. Who's getting the money? I would love to know because Bob never got anything from the cd's. Also he hosted his own TV show, Hollywood Heartbeat, which had nothing to do with FM and it was quite successful for those of you in the know after his first solo album with Capitol.

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 11-03-2013 at 11:41 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey produced Sentimental Lady , but was not paid to play guitar on it. He may have played a few riffs, but please know Bob played guitar on Sentimental Lady unquestionably.
The intro and the solo are absolutely Lindsey, as are all of the acoustic parts. Bob said as much over the years, and my ears agree with that. He said in one of the Q&As that Mick told him that "Sentimental Lady" is what it would have sounded like if he hadn't left the band.

To acknowledge the presence of the others does not tarnish Bob's legacy.

THE Stephen Hopkins