The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ARGH!! So is it possible to SAVE this file from youtube?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
OK, I'm experimenting with YouTube

Hopefully ths link will give you guys the link to see "Miles away" from the '73 Midnight Special:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Miles-Away?v=VDaDKiAsyms
WOW!

Thanks so much, John! And the video quality is fantastic!

Incredible. Bob Welch must have been one of the most unlikely rock stars in the world at the time. John's looking quite dapper back there though, and his bass work is just great on this, as is Weston's guitar (even if it's not quite as frenetic as on the studio track - and I wish he'd stepped up to do the three-part harmony). Mick looks hilarious and so... hungry. It's too bad Chris didn't get to break out any funky piano riffs on this song.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Phew! Glad it worked.

I don't know if it's possible to save it or not, I don't think so because I don't get that option when I right click on it. However, I'll try to cut the ends off of the others to make them below 100MB & this time I'll try their other option which is to post it just for friends (I went with their recommended choice before which was to post it public). I hope it doesn't get taken down & me thrown off the site for posting something copywrited. Since you can't save it I don't see why they get so wound up about that rule especially if I do post the future ones "just for friends" instead of public.

Anyways, it took a few hours to post so I might have to wait until tonight to post another one but I'll try it again with the others when I can.

John
Old 02-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Phew! Glad it worked.

I don't know if it's possible to save it or not, I don't think so because I don't get that option when I right click on it. However, I'll try to cut the ends off of the others to make them below 100MB & this time I'll try their other option which is to post it just for friends (I went with their recommended choice before which was to post it public). I hope it doesn't get taken down & me thrown off the site for posting something copywrited. Since you can't save it I don't see why they get so wound up about that rule especially if I do post the future ones "just for friends" instead of public.
I wouldn't worry about it, there's boatloads of copyrighted material on YouTube, including a ton of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks music videos. I'm sure they only offer a disclaimer to cover their asses in case anyone complains. Keep posting these videos for the public, more people should have the chance to see them!

And I believe there actually are ways to save video from YouTube. I don't know how to do it, but some people in the Stevie forum do. You may have to travel into the heart of darkness, David.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks Jyqm, I was working on "The bigger the love" while you were posting so this isn't public, but hopefully if I'm posting the link here that won't make a difference. Anyways, I'll make sure I post "Believe me" from MS '73 PUBLIC when I can. So for now, ChiliD, this one's for you:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=X9eDkdsBTKs

Sorry about the edits but it was the only way... Enjoy.

John
Old 02-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Jyqm, I was working on "The bigger the love" while you were posting so this isn't public, but hopefully if I'm posting the link here that won't make a difference. Anyways, I'll make sure I post "Believe me" from MS '73 PUBLIC when I can. So for now, ChiliD, this one's for you:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=X9eDkdsBTKs

Sorry about the edits but it was the only way... Enjoy.

John
How do you get to it from that link? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at ....??? i'm clueless w/ this stuff.

-Lis
Old 02-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
How do you get to it from that link? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at ....??? i'm clueless w/ this stuff.

-Lis
Oh sorry, I tried the link after I finished & it worked, now I'm trying it again and it's not. So I changed it from private to public. Hopefully this will work (my work computer doesn't have the latest flash player so it's not letting me view it from here). If not I'll redo it again tonight.

John
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh sorry, I tried the link after I finished & it worked, now I'm trying it again and it's not. So I changed it from private to public. Hopefully this will work (my work computer doesn't have the latest flash player so it's not letting me view it from here). If not I'll redo it again tonight.
It works now. The problem with making a video on YouTube "private" is that you need to specifically invite other registered YouTube members to view it.

Thanks for posting these!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

OK, here's "Believe me" from MS73:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Fleetwood-M...?v=c3dtos9uge0

I hated cutting out Weston's solo @ the beginning but in order to get it to be under 100MB...enjoy.

John
Old 02-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
OK, here's "Believe me" from MS73:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Fleetwood-M...?v=c3dtos9uge0

I hated cutting out Weston's solo @ the beginning but in order to get it to be under 100MB...enjoy.

John

Beautiful. have always loved that Midnight Special footage. Thanks also for the Bigger the Love video, that was cool.

-Lis
Old 02-09-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
They do "Bad Loser" too. And, "I Loved Another Woman" is radically different from any other live version I've heard...it's a Bob/Chris duet.

It's a shame about the sound quality. That bootleg has one of the most unique Fleetwood Mac set lists I've ever seen.
u are so right about that!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
OK, I'm experimenting with YouTube

Hopefully ths link will give you guys the link to see "Miles away" from the '73 Midnight Special:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Miles-Away?v=VDaDKiAsyms

If not go to www.youtube.com and search for Fleetwood Mac Miles Away & I'm sure it'll come up.

Unfortunately "Believe me" is more than the 100MB size that YouTube allows (as is the "Bigger the love" Switzerland '94 clip I was going to post here for ChiliD as requested earlier in this thread or a reasonbale facsimilie), but maybe if Miles Away works I can at least post MOST of those other 2 tracks there if I trim some off of those so they'll then be under the 100MB size.

Fingers crossed anyways.

John
u are my hero!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John...

YOU ROCK!

Thanks so much for posting those videos.

Now, about the actual performances...

I have to say I was actually a little underwhelmed with "Believe Me" and, in general, Weston. Of course, with "Believe Me," I'm probably comparing it too much to the 1974 "Record Plant" performance, where Welch absolutely played the SH*T out of that song. "Miles Away" was pretty good. Overall, the band seemed to lack a bit of energy/spark, and Welch's guitar wasn't in the mix enough, while Weston was too much in the mix. I loved John's '51-ish Precision Bass (aka the Tele Bass).

"The Bigger The Love" clip was good. The chorus was a bit odd. I liked how Bekka sang the minor and diminished notes, though I think it would have been better if Bekka and Dave sang the backing vocals in a way similar to what was done on "John McVie's Gotta Band." Still, it put a smile on my face (at least until I began to wonder why they chose not to put it on the album).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Brwn_eyes0511 told me about MegaUpload & I think it's worked, for those of you wanting to save the MS73 file, here it is in it's entirety:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GEV5EXDG

...well, it's not complete really as I don't have the Chuck Berry intro but both full tracks are there. Thanks Brown Eyes!

It's 213 MB in size & took me 2 hours to process but a friend of mine tried it and said it only took them 30 minutes on their end.

John
Old 02-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Brwn_eyes0511 told me about MegaUpload & I think it's worked, for those of you wanting to save the MS73 file, here it is in it's entirety:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GEV5EXDG

...well, it's not complete really as I don't have the Chuck Berry intro but both full tracks are there. Thanks Brown Eyes!

It's 213 MB in size & took me 2 hours to process but a friend of mine tried it and said it only took them 30 minutes on their end.

John
Hey, I was just about to PM you back. YES IT WORKED! It took me about 30 minutes to download...and it was worth it!

Thank you sooooo much.