Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Someone posted a photo of the actual set lis elsewhere and it was titled "Option 17." Maybe there is more than one set. Hypnotized definitely needs to return.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Don't you DARE David!
I'm sure I won't. But I LOVE that my last FM ticket was $350, and you can see them for $40 now!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Yes, how utterly disgusting it must be to have a woman in charge of the band. Fleetwood Mac needs an alpha tough guy like Lindsey to make sure Stevie stays in her place!
I was really super fond of you, all that time you were MIA here.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Okay, is anyone surprised it’s the Stevie show by this point? Look at how many songs she’s inserted herself into. That was obvious after the first show.

As a fan of the overall body of work by Fleetwood Mac, I have to ask, so what? If anything, Stevie’s stock has risen a bit with me with the additions of Black Magic Woman and especially All Over Again. This is the type of set I’ve wanted (especially when Hypnotized was in the set, you assholes) for decades. If Stevie gets that, then that means she gets it, she gets the band’s history, the 51 year legacy. She’s not only NOT intimidated by material she wasn’t involved in, including a song made when she had an acrimonious relationship with the band, she’s the one embracing it. She appreciates the history of Fleetwood Mac on a level that surprises me. Play on.
I mean, All Over Again???? I didn’t think anyone but David, Homer, Chili, and me even remembered that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-20-2018, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, how utterly disgusting it must be to have a woman in charge of the band. Fleetwood Mac needs an alpha tough guy like Lindsey to make sure Stevie stays in her place!
Yeah! The nerve. A woman who is in charge.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Finally, someone else who understands the sexism/misogyny/double standards behind many posts here.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, is anyone surprised it’s the Stevie show by this point? Look at how many songs she’s inserted herself into. That was obvious after the first show.

As a fan of the overall body of work by Fleetwood Mac, I have to ask, so what? If anything, Stevie’s stock has risen a bit with me with the additions of Black Magic Woman and especially All Over Again. This is the type of set I’ve wanted (especially when Hypnotized was in the set, you assholes) for decades. If Stevie gets that, then that means she gets it, she gets the band’s history, the 51 year legacy. She’s not only NOT intimidated by material she wasn’t involved in, including a song made when she had an acrimonious relationship with the band, she’s the one embracing it. She appreciates the history of Fleetwood Mac on a level that surprises me. Play on.
Agree. If this band must continue, the setlist is a great direction. After years of dullsville FM and Stevie solo setlists, she got it together for 24K tour and leading
this tour. Great that she’s running the show.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Yeah! The nerve. A woman who is in charge.
It’s not that it’s a woman it’s hiw she got there by freaking FIRING there musical director. Please you know it’s not about that. And screaming sexism won’t change what she’s done.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Finally, someone else who understands the sexism/misogyny/double standards behind many posts here.
What double standard? Like Stevie getting to delay FM tours and refuse to record with the band, but Lindsey's not allowed to?

This constant harping about sexism is ridiculous. Criticizing a woman doesn't automatically equate to sexism. A woman can be a narcissist too.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
What double standard? Like Stevie getting to delay FM tours and refuse to record with the band, but Lindsey's not allowed to?

This constant harping about sexism is ridiculous. Criticizing a woman doesn't automatically equate to sexism. A woman can be a narcissist too.
Thanks for the sane post. I really don't think the anger here has anything to do with gender at all. If Lindsey had been the one who refused to perform with Stevie anymore and insisted that she be ousted from the band I can only imagine that the anger directed towards him here would be exponentially more severe.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t disagree in principle. However, it isn’t exactly the same equation. Stevie delayed a Fleetwood Mac tour so she could extend the IYD tour because she wasn’t ready to be done with it (which Mick very publicly called her out on it). I think she really believed in that album, and was disappointed that it wasn’t a huge hit, which is probably why she’s reluctant to make another album.

It’s a very different equation today. They are seven years older, Christine (the oldest member) is back, John survived a cancer scare, and a lot of their contemporaries are dying. There’s a greater sense of urgency.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t disagree in principle. However, it isn’t exactly the same equation. Stevie delayed a Fleetwood Mac tour so she could extend the IYD tour because she wasn’t ready to be done with it (which Mick very publicly called her out on it). I think she really believed in that album, and was disappointed that it wasn’t a huge hit, which is probably why she’s reluctant to make another album.

It’s a very different equation today. They are seven years older, Christine (the oldest member) is back, John survived a cancer scare, and a lot of their contemporaries are dying. There’s a greater sense of urgency.
I hear what you're saying, but time has been a factor in this band for a while now. It's not like the tour delay with Stevie was decades ago. This was only six or seven years ago, so the band members were old enough that something could have happened. It's not like Stevie had a crystal ball, to know that everyone would still be fine to do an FM tour after she was done.

And personally, I think extending a tour is a less justifiable excuse than doing a new tour. I understand why she would want to continue, but she had already done a full tour.

I think the other point in Lindsey's favor is that FM has had a cyclical routine with the solo tours and the FM tours. Lindsey toured with Christine last year, which in my mind counts as a "band year", as that should have been an FM record. Lindsey was perfectly warranted in requesting time to do a solo tour in 2018, following Stevie's own rule. He hasn't toured solo in years, and did a couple FM tours in the interim. FM could have been touring a record last year, if urgency is the paramount concern.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
What an absolutely shocking piece of information!
hardly shocking
when we've all suspected this for ages.
and $he herself said she is not the boss of this band

bwaaaaaah hahahaha
pinocchio
Old 10-21-2018, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey toured with Christine last year, which in my mind counts as a "band year", as that should have been an FM record. Lindsey was perfectly warranted in requesting time to do a solo tour in 2018, following Stevie's own rule. He hasn't toured solo in years, and did a couple FM tours in the interim.
I hadn't even thought that all through before. That is such a good point!
Old 10-21-2018, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also don’t think it’s as simple as blaming sexism. What if Christine were “in charge”? People would probably react to that a bit differently.