User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Agreed! To me it's no coincidence that the one album Bekka worked on pretty much bombed. It's probably an overly critical comment from me, but I refuse to even class Time as a Fleetwood Mac album. It's just not good or like them AT ALL.
Hey Bee!! Christine's songs on Time are perfekt!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post

this will go down as one of my favorite ledge posts EVER
LOL!!! I think woke my sleeping family, ... So Funny!!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Hey Bee!! Christine's songs on Time are perfekt!
I just don't like it. To be honest with you I listened to it once then put it to the back of my FM CD collection on my "shrine" shelf. Maybe I'll get back to it one day but at the moment horrible memories of being terribly bored during the first listen to that album are still raw. Oh well. There's plenty other Christine and Fleetwood Mac to enjoy. I did get her album (In the Meantime) at the same time and that's had a good old play
Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed! To me it's no coincidence that the one album Bekka worked on pretty much bombed. It's probably an overly critical comment from me, but I refuse to even class Time as a Fleetwood Mac album. It's just not good or like them AT ALL.
I agree. Fleetwood Mac wasn't really the right fit for her. A few months ago I did what I swore I would never do and that was listen to her sing one of Stevie's songs...Gold Dust Woman, in fact. It was dreadful. She just couldn't pull it off. Having said that...I also found out the girl has got some pipes and could no doubt nail something in the blues area...which may be what she sings typically...I don't know. Anyway, you've got to give her that...there's no way around it. She sounds a lot like her mother I noticed.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WelshWitchPMD - Jersey Shore...I just watched that program for the first time yesterday. No Snooki at our commune.

SilverSprings - That's the spirit. Coming all the way from England, and I was concerned about driving time. A Southern State? I'm looking at some cabins in Tennessee. As long as we have cool temps to deal with. Tour the honkey tonks? Only if someone buys my booze.

HejiraNYC - I don't think Carrie will wear one of those designer dresses. I'll have to ask her. And I was considering Bekka Bramlett as a special invited guess since she's the only member of Fleetwood Mac that's under the age of 70 and willing to drive.

LukeA - I'd never heard of that commune in Oregon. Rajneeshpuram followers are officailly banned from our commune.

HomerMcvie - I'd thought about a "wing" for some Ledgies. The big locking steel door might work.

Carrie - Can you cook ramen noodles like Britney Murphy?

So what's the age limit? Any suggestions would be welcome. We don't want to keep anyone from attending, but we don't want to go to jail either.

With many of you being very liberal, I'm kind of afraid of the free love and bad acid that might be going around at our commune. Not to mention all of you tobacco chewing, flannel wearing, tattoo loving Nicks fans. I'm really not sure of what you all are capable of. Though I'm sure the men of the Ledge are almost as bad.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
With many of you being very liberal, I'm kind of afraid of the free love and bad acid that might be going around at our commune. Not to mention all of you tobacco chewing, flannel wearing, tattoo loving Nicks fans. I'm really not sure of what you all are capable of. Though I'm sure the men of the Ledge are almost as bad.
What about the beer loving bass players? Do we get a keg?

Old 09-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
What about the beer loving bass players? Do we get a keg?
I'll make sure you get a keg G-girl.
You do have to bring your bass.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll make sure you get a keg G-girl.
You do have to bring your bass.
Giggity giggity.
And of course I will, I don't go anywhere far away without her.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
SilverSprings - That's the spirit. Coming all the way from England, and I was concerned about driving time. A Southern State? I'm looking at some cabins in Tennessee. As long as we have cool temps to deal with. Tour the honkey tonks? Only if someone buys my booze.

Haha! Well I'll have to see how much money I bring with me at the time. If the English to American exchange rate begins to kick your arse in double figures again I should think we'll be fine :P

If that's the stereotypical Nicks fan, what do you have us Buckingham fans down as lol? And I think you'll find I'm quite tame. Though left to my own devices I'll probably prove myself a liar rofl!

Oh and I'm 22 in 18 days so I'm pretty sure nothing is age illegal to me anymore hehe.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 09-11-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll go if there's a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons within a reasonable distance.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! Well I'll have to see how much money I bring with me at the time.

If that's the stereotypical Nicks fan, what do you have us Buckingham fans down as lol? And I think you'll find I'm quite tame. Though left to my own devices I'll probably prove myself a liar rofl!

Oh and I'm 22 in 18 days so I'm pretty sure nothing is age illegal to me anymore hehe.
Don't worry about money, Buttercookie is bringing enough for all of us.

Buckingham fans? While not as bad as Nicks' fans, they can't seem to come
to terms with the fact that Michael Richards (Kramer) looks exactly like Lindsey.
When I spoke with Lindsey last, he didn't seem to mind it when I called him Cosmo.

Nothing is illegal with you? Hmm......
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Registered

Well, if y'all want a random Zombie along, I volunteer for any necessary cooking and/or drink mixing, since I'm pretty good at that.

I'd do a themed menu, with stuff like Electric Skillet Hamburger Helper, pasta in the shape of Stevie's weird bird nest hair from the 70s, a Jell-o salad shaped like a tambourine with random pineapple tidbits floating in it (and made with alcohol, so people will actually want to eat it), Long Distance Weiners (credit to Carrie for calling me a long distance weiner that one time), Roast Penguin (by which I mean a chicken in a top hat), etc. And, naturally, we'll have to have some Schlitz and some of Mick's wine.

But for the finishing touch and centerpiece of the Ledgie Buffet Table? I shall commission an artist to create for me a clay version of Lindsey's head, which I shall then crown with a recreation his excellent 80s Bride of Frankenstein hair crafted entirely out of port wine cheese spread! F*ck yeah! Let's do this.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Don't worry about money, Buttercookie is bringing enough for all of us.

Buckingham fans? While not as bad as Nicks' fans, they can't seem to come
to terms with the fact that Michael Richards (Kramer) looks exactly like Lindsey.
When I spoke with Lindsey last, he didn't seem to mind it when I called him Cosmo.

Nothing is illegal with you? Hmm......
Okay. I just had to google who on earth Michael Richards was, and unfortunately now that I can see him in front of me I have to agree. That's rather disconcerting.

Hehe. Limited to things you have to be a certain age to do. Call me a snob but I still frown on Homicide lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

But for the finishing touch and centerpiece of the Ledgie Buffet Table? I shall commission an artist to create for me a clay version of Lindsey's head, which I shall then crown with a recreation his excellent 80s Bride of Frankenstein hair crafted entirely out of port wine cheese spread! F*ck yeah! Let's do this.
Oooo...I can do that! I got a merit last year at Uni for making a lifelike Michael Stipe head I had no reason really, I'd been using Michael as a model for Saint Sebastian and I wanted to expand into a new medium. It was actually pretty creepy which I'm proud of :P

Last edited by Silver Springs; 09-13-2010 at 07:01 AM..
Old 09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered

Quote:
Oooo...I can do that! I got a merit last year at Uni for making a lifelike Michael Stipe head I had no reason really, I'd been using Michael as a model for Saint Sebastian and I wanted to expand into a new medium. It was actually pretty creepy which I'm proud of :P
OMG. MAKE IT SO, NUMBER 1.

No, seriously - I would knock over an old lady to have such a thing. I would also knock over an old lady to have a recreation of Lionel Richie's head in the "Hello" video to use for the same purpose.

Tell me what I would need to do (besides love you forever, nootch) to have such amazing things in my possession.

PS - I promise not to use it to stalk blind people, though I MIGHT use it to sit in the hallway in the middle of the night to disturb Cute Guitar Boy when he gets up to take a piss.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, maybe's it's just because my meds have not kicked in but I just laughed my ass off at this Lionel Richie video.

He asked me for my love
And that was all