The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well I'm not trying to save Sara but if you wanted to, it'd be best to vote for either Save Me a Place or Thats All For everyone.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Darling, I voted for it because I just plain don't like it on the album. Live, it's beautiful. On Tusk? I can't stand it and always skip it. For me, the song just goes nowhere, whichever edit it is. Live is a different story because there's always something new or some little nuance that adds more flavor to it.
That's fine. I can respect that.
As usual, we have opposite opinions though... I typically find it to be fairly boring when performed live, outside of a few notable exceptions over the years.
I was happy to see it back in the set (and I still think Stevie sang it better than she ever has, even if she didn't sing it quite as well as she sang "Beautiful Child"), because it hadn't been performed in so long... but I was never someone clamoring for its return.

Either way, it still surprises me that, out of 20 songs on the album, it's the first one you're gunning for. When I could swear you've said in the past that you don't really care much for most of Christine's songs on 'Tusk.'

Ah well, to each his own... and if "Sara" goes in this first round (take 2), then it'll be the second time in a row that the best song on an album was voted off first, and another obvious example that there's just no accounting for taste.

Meanwhile, from here on out I'll try to keep my dissertations to a minimum, per Hawkeye's very legitimate request.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Either way, it still surprises me that, out of 20 songs on the album, it's the first one you're gunning for. When I could swear you've said in the past that you don't really care much for most of Christine's songs on 'Tusk.'
I don't like her songs, but I don't dislike them any more than I do Sara. They're all boring.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Ok can I say something. I really think the conversations and the fights should be kept to very small minimum. Not because I and I'm sure others don't like them. It has to do with how cluttered and messy the thread can get.
Whenever I vote for the one that I want to leave the survivor game, I always create a separate post for it. I always try to put the round number as its header. I do not think it would be too confusing if people avoided creating long posts where they include their votes. Other than that, one should let the discussion go to wherever the posters want it to go.
But of course we could add something like "THIS POST IS NOT A VOTE" to every post that isn't related to the actual voting.
Quote:
Seriously it's like you guys have never heard of the expression "short and sweet"
I have just as much right to elaborate on my thoughts and feelings as anyone does here. If anyone finds what I write a pain to read, they have all the rights to skip my post. And since I do not put my votes to my long posts, I can not see how Jacob would confuse them with the voting section of the thread.

Of course, we could always create real polls for these threads. The option is there when there's only ten songs left in each survivor. Of course, it would be nowhere near as fun, now would it? The public speculation is what makes this a hoot.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: This Post Is Not A Vote.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 08-18-2004, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I thought it was quite obvious... Lindsey didn't write "Sara," so that's why you're not surprised it's being voted against first, out of 20 songs.
Actually I was surprised to see so many people dislike the song. I happen to like it. But I like Lindsey's songs on the record more. So I placed a strategic vote.

Assumptions have a funny habit of being wrong, Johnny.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Ah well, to each his own... and if "Sara" goes in this first round (take 2), then it'll be the second time in a row that the best song on an album was voted off first, and another obvious example that there's just no accounting for taste.
"Best song on the album?" Not even close. It's a damn good song but, like it or not, this is Lindsey's album.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish everyone would accept that we all have different taste here and stop their criticism of people's choices of what to vote off.Come on,just vote and leave it at that !
Old 08-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Actually I was surprised to see so many people dislike the song. I happen to like it. But I like Lindsey's songs on the record more. So I placed a strategic vote.

Assumptions have a funny habit of being wrong, Johnny.
We have different approaches then. I don't vote out of "strategy"... I vote for the song I actually like less out of the choices available.

By the way, my comments are made out of the observation of habits and past behaviour... so they're never wrong. For example, the fact that you're willing to vote off a song you like more than others, just to save Lindsey's tracks.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"Best song on the album?" Not even close. It's a damn good song but, like it or not, this is Lindsey's album.
It might be Lindsey's album, in that he pushed for its production style to be progressive, off-the-wall, and a total left-turn from 'Rumours'... but, on the whole, the best songs are easily Stevie's (in my very humble opinion)... and that's what I'm voting on: The Songs.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan
I wish everyone would accept that we all have different taste here and stop their criticism of people's choices of what to vote off.Come on,just vote and leave it at that !
I second that!

Old 08-18-2004, 03:24 PM

Quote:
We have different approaches then. I don't vote out of "strategy"... I vote for the song I actually like less out of the choices available.
I save "strategy votes" for silly things like song contests. I go on principle when I vote for president, though.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan
You're lucky I don't know you better, or I'd be teasing you for voting against "Sara," too.

Seriously though, I respect what you're saying. (Even if I am still baffled that people would vote against "Sara," out of a choice of twenty songs. Talk about your conspiracies!!!)
Old 08-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I save "strategy votes" for silly things like song contests. I go on principle when I vote for president, though.
Now see, THAT'S when a strategic vote would actually do some good! Silly man, you're all mixed up.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:32 PM

Quote:
, on the whole, the best songs are easily Stevie's (in my very humble opinion)... and that's what I'm voting on: The Songs.
I would think being wrong so much would be exhausting.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I would think being wrong so much would be exhausting.
I'll have to defer to your vast experience on that one.