User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I think Christine is trying to re-build those bridges. I think she might be trying to get into his good books
Oh? Has Lindsey written a new novel lately?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Oh? Has Lindsey written a new novel lately?
Not that I am aware of, but its not a bad idea.

those nails
Old 12-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I think she is trying to re-build those bridges. I just listened to some of the Radio 2 interview, she mentioned more than once how handsome she thought Lindsey was when they first met him and Stevie. I think she might be trying to get into his good books
I thought the same thing. I just listened to that little 4 minute clip from Christine's interview. She certainly wasn't complaining about guitar solos like she did in that ITM clip from her website 9 years ago.

I wish there was some way to save that clip to my hard drive.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I thought the same thing. I just listened to that little 4 minute clip from Christine's interview. She certainly wasn't complaining about guitar solos like she did in that ITM clip from her website 9 years ago.

I'm saving the entire segment from iPlayer. it's gonna take a while, but yes I'm doing it.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 12-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I'm saving the entire segment from iPlayer. it's gonna take a while, but yes I'm doing it.
thanks, curious to hear Lindsey's segment, and also Mick's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post

just listened to Christine's interview - really nice and warm. and yeah definitely rebuilding those Lindsey-bridges, gushing all over him - his good looks, how he has a whole library of guitar, arranging, and producing skills to make any of their songs better, and how when they first met Stevie and Lindsey, she figured she liked Stevie's sense of humor, plus if nothing else Lindsey was incredibly cute so she could find the way to compensate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks, curious to hear Lindsey's segment, and also Mick's.

just listened to Christine's interview - really nice and warm. and yeah definitely rebuilding those Lindsey-bridges, gushing all over him - his good looks, how he has a whole library of guitar, arranging, and producing skills to make any of their songs better, and how when they first met Stevie and Lindsey, she figured she liked Stevie's sense of humor, plus if nothing else Lindsey was incredibly cute so she could find the way to compensate.
I laughed at her frankness about Lindsey!

Christine sounds so relaxed, it's wonderful to hear and I can't wait for the full programme on 1st Jan.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
That big pricetag is a result of something called "cybersquatting," when an entrepreneur buys a domain name that they think will be of interest to someone, and then try to resell it to the someone at a huge markup. A normal domain registration costs in the range of ten dollars a year.

Christine's team ought to just forget about the dot-com website name and get her a website called christinemcvie.info or christinemcvie.net or whatever. There are plenty of domain name extensions and the dot-com name doesn't have any special meaning, other than being the most commonly used. The website we're currently on, for example, is fleetwoodmac.net (not dot-com).
Right and I think the official band would be expected to have www.fleetwoodmac.com. If that name were available, it would be taken for THIS site, but it's the official site, which is the norm. John McVie is not using johnmcvie.com, but I think his people own it.

That's why Christine should have www.christinemcvie.com, because most people will assume that it's the official site and if the wrong person buys the name, they will try to capitalize on the mistake. I think that celebrities and professionals should always try to buy the com name if they can get it.

News of Christine's return to Fleetwood Mac will make the domain cost go even higher.

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
.co.uk seems appropriate.
Yes she would have no trouble getting another website domain if she wanted one. But it's important to keep others away from com. Twitter has really started going crazy about that too. In the beginning, it was easy to swoop in and get a famous name before people realized how big twitter was going to be and Twitter made a point of saying that it allowed parody and fan accounts, so if you made it clear that you were not the actual celebrity, they would let you keep the account.

Now, I see they have gone around finding reasons to take back as many celebrity name accounts as they can, from those who are not really those people. In fact, it's not only people that they are doing it to. Twitter took the "Barbie" parody account away from the person who had it and gave it to Mattel. There is getting to be as much value in the Twitter user handle as in www domain names.

Remember when Clayton Morris gave Stevie that twitter account? That was funny.

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes she would have no trouble getting another website domain if she wanted one. But it's important to keep others away from com. Twitter has really started going crazy about that too. In the beginning, it was easy to swoop in and get a famous name before people realized how big twitter was going to be and Twitter made a point of saying that it allowed parody and fan accounts, so if you made it clear that you were not the actual celebrity, they would let you keep the account.

Now, I see they have gone around finding reasons to take back as many celebrity name accounts as they can, from those who are not really those people. In fact, it's not only people that they are doing it to. Twitter took the "Barbie" parody account away from the person who had it and gave it to Mattel. There is getting to be as much value in the Twitter user handle as in www domain names.

Remember when Clayton Morris gave Stevie that twitter account? That was funny.

Michele
That Clayton Morris/Realstevienicks twitter needs to be shut down also the fake ChristineMcvie twitter as well...It would be interesting to find out how Stevie got the @stevienicks twitter somebody must have already taken the name did twitter just let her have it? Or did she have to buy it?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, they had their second meeting at Mick's house in Topanga Canyon. I know Christine has always been the one that mentioned a meeting at Mick's house and this was clarification for me that it was the second meeting after the Mexican restaurant. The others don't tend to talk about the next meeting.

Loved hearing her talking about Los Angeles this year, how she and Stevie met 30 minutes earlier then Lindsey walked in and then Mick and John and she felt the old chemistry, the completeness of five.

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, they had their second meeting at Mick's house in Topanga Canyon. I know Christine has always been the one that mentioned a meeting at Mick's house and this was clarification for me that it was the second meeting after the Mexican restaurant. The others don't tend to talk about the next meeting.

Loved hearing her talking about Los Angeles this year, how she and Stevie met 30 minutes earlier then Lindsey walked in and then Mick and John and she felt the old chemistry, the completeness of five.

Michele
Me too. It made me very happy.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just put the Billboard 2013 figures in the "Pollstar" thread. It said FM sold out 13 out of 45 shows. I thought it was more than 13 shows that were sold out just based on the newspaper reports in different cities.

So, they made almost $62 million. Wonder how much of that the band netted when all was said and done. Of course, if they had been able to complete the tour, they would have been higher on the top 20 list.

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She also said something about "a natural thing...organic thing." whoa, Bucky's rubbing off on her.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
She also said something about "a natural thing...organic thing." whoa, Bucky's rubbing off on her.
i ed when i heard the 5 fit together organically or whatever she said.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just put the Billboard 2013 figures in the "Pollstar" thread. It said FM sold out 13 out of 45 shows. I thought it was more than 13 shows that were sold out just based on the newspaper reports in different cities.

So, they made almost $62 million. Wonder how much of that the band netted when all was said and done. Of course, if they had been able to complete the tour, they would have been higher on the top 20 list.

Michele
Wasn't that list just for North American shows?