User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I know we've talked about it before, but that 1997 article where John was drunk and told the interviewer to say hello to his ex-wife and said his ex was great, even though she'd told him to jump off ... that didn't seem like moving on to be her buddy was that easy a thing for him. I mean 1997 was a long time ago, but it was still 20 years after their divorce and he still seemed a little torn up. At least when he was in his cups.

And Stevie also had to helpfully add (again in 1997) that John and Christine would still be together, but for his drinking. Like someone was still analyzing the reason for the McVie breakup after all that time.

Michele
I actually saw this new documentary tonight- In it Ken C talks about the Mirage era. He says at that time, both Lindsey AND John were "buzzing" around their respective exes with "old feelings" and it was upsetting to both women.. So yeah, it was obvious about Lindsey- but who knew about John? Not me.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
I actually saw this new documentary tonight- In it Ken C talks about the Mirage era. He says at that time, both Lindsey AND John were "buzzing" around their respective exes with "old feelings" and it was upsetting to both women.. So yeah, it was obvious about Lindsey- but who knew about John? Not me.
It was at that time, before Mirage came out I believe, that Stevie said she and Lindsey could totally get back together. But she added that they would just break up all over again, so it wouldn't be practical.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was at that time, before Mirage came out I believe, that Stevie said she and Lindsey could totally get back together. But she added that they would just break up all over again, so it wouldn't be practical.

Michele
I'm convinced that was the reason for a lot of his anger towards her- being ok with acting like a couple, but not ever willing to be a couple again. Something he said in that Daily Mail article- we weren't even estranged, just not a couple- struck me as well.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm convinced that was the reason for a lot of his anger towards her- being ok with acting like a couple, but not ever willing to be a couple again. Something he said in that Daily Mail article- we weren't even estranged, just not a couple- struck me as well.
Oh in 1981-1982 I think she would have been willing to be a couple again. They seemed to have kind of a short-lived tenderness going on during that period, but he didn't leave his girlfriend.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh in 1981-1982 I think she would have been willing to be a couple again. They seemed to have kind of a short-lived tenderness going on during that period, but he didn't leave his girlfriend.

Michele
I think he would have dropped CAH in a heartbeat if she would've been willing to really come back.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No. This one was just of Mick and Chris, both wearing hats, from 1987.
This may not be the pic you saw, but they are both wearing hats in it.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he would have dropped CAH in a heartbeat if she would've been willing to really come back.
I don't think he just wanted her back. They never seemed to break cleanly in the first place. They stopped being "husband and wife" but it seems they were still sleeping together occasionally. What he wanted was a household and monogamy and I don't think he ever thought he could get that from her during the height of their fame. Maybe he thought or hoped it in 1997 when he said she was like the girl he lived with all those years ago, but I don't think he thought that was a possibility in the eighties and I don't think he harbored any dream of getting back together with her. So, no I don't think he would have left his girlfriend for Stevie, not the way she was then. He didn't want just a liaison.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
This may not be the pic you saw, but they are both wearing hats in it.
Ha ha. Mick looks very conspiratorial.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think he just wanted her back. They never seemed to break cleanly in the first place. They stopped being "husband and wife" but it seems they were still sleeping together occasionally. What he wanted was a household and monogamy and I don't think he ever thought he could get that from her during the height of their fame. Maybe he thought or hoped it in 1997 when he said she was like the girl he lived with all those years ago, but I don't think he thought that was a possibility in the eighties and I don't think he harbored any dream of getting back together with her. So, no I don't think he would have left his girlfriend for Stevie, not the way she was then. He didn't want just a liaison.

Michele
Exactly. I definitely think they were sleeping together off and on. I think he wanted a real, monogamous relationship with her- that she was not willing to have ever again really.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Though as far as harboring any dream of getting back together with her- I don't think he let go of that particular dream for literally decades.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Though as far as harboring any dream of getting back together with her- I don't think he let go of that particular dream for literally decades.
Oh, I think he did. He loved the girl he'd lived with, which made it harder to be around the Stevie in FM.

I think he could have gotten back together with her many times, but he didn't like what she'd become and, like Stevie, he knew it wouldn't last. I don't think he ever stopped loving her, but he stopped liking her for awhile. When she said he was a man who just plain didn't like her, I think she was right. Love yes, being able to tolerate her presence on an ongoing basis? No. That's why he was able to cut ties for 10 years and stop even answering her calls.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I think he did. He loved the girl he'd lived with, which made it harder to be around the Stevie in FM.

I think he could have gotten back together with her many times, but he didn't like what she'd become and, like Stevie, he knew it wouldn't last. I don't think he ever stopped loving her, but he stopped liking her for awhile. When she said he was a man who just plain didn't like her, I think she was right. Love yes, being able to tolerate her presence on an ongoing basis? No. That's why he was able to cut ties for 10 years and stop even answering her calls.

Michele
I don't think she was ever, at any point, willing to go back- as in live with him, monogamously, as a couple, as they did in the seventies. I think he was still in love with her for the better part of those years from 1977-1997. I think he didn't like her because he was bitter that she broke it off and would not come back in any real way. I think he cut ties with her because he could not get over her and he figured he needed to find a way to do that and get on with his life- and that the only way to do that was not to see her.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally Posted by brickney723

Michele

I agree with both of these comments. I do think somewhere "in the back of his mind" Lindsey did think about "what if" they got back together. He imagined it with her being just as he wished her to be, and *that* fantasy held him for a loooong time. You just don't get sooo angry for sooo long at someone you've really gotten over.

At the same time, when he looked at the *reality* in front of him, not the fantasy in his head/heart, he saw what a mess Stevie was and how it would never work out with her in that state. I agree he realllly didn't like her during the time she was so out of control.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he didn't like her because he was bitter that she broke it off and would not come back in any real way.
Yes, we differ there. I don't think he was bitter that she wouldn't come back. I don't think he wanted her back. I think he wanted her back. I mean, I think he missed the old Stevie, but didn't like the new one, because he thought she was kind of silly.

I think he didn't like her because he didn't like the coke-fueled personality. I mean, unlike Iovine, I don't think Lindsey was against cocaine per se. He was ok with drugs, but I think the hyper-coke Stevie was kind of alien to him and I don't think he cared for it. It's like on the bleachers when she is jumping up and down and he tugs at her top and tells her to sit, I think that was symbolic of the entire relationship at that point and she just got on his nerves.

By the time they came together for The Dance in 1997, I think he saw a different person and fell for that person all over again. But I don't think he wanted who she was in the eighties, he just pined for what had been lost.

Michele
Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually saw this new documentary tonight- In it Ken C talks about the Mirage era. He says at that time, both Lindsey AND John were "buzzing" around their respective exes with "old feelings" and it was upsetting to both women.. So yeah, it was obvious about Lindsey-

but who knew about John? Not me.
You would if you saw the uncut footage of Mirage promos made for MTV.

Quote:
Exactly. I definitely think they were sleeping together off and on. I think he wanted

a real, monogamous relationship with her- that she was not willing to have ever again really.
Rubbish. Too much evidence to the contrary.