User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
passive aggressive much?
I felt the same way watching DRules. I felt LB was trying to get things done and nobody else really cared. No wonder he got pissed CM left.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I felt the same way watching DRules. I felt LB was trying to get things done and nobody else really cared. No wonder he got pissed CM left.
That's the way I felt.. but also that he had an uptight/nervous vibe, maybe afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
passive aggressive much?
That reminds me of when she's telling Christine she didn't hear any background singing on Sara, "because there wasn't any." That was so hilarious.

They're all really sarcastic. I'd like to hear more of them talking to each other.

Michele
Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That reminds me of when she's telling Christine she didn't hear any background singing on Sara, "because there wasn't any." That was so hilarious.

They're all really sarcastic. I'd like to hear more of them talking to each other.

Michele
I've heard that tape! Christine kept screwing up, and admitting it. lol
Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
That's the way I felt.. but also that he had an uptight/nervous vibe, maybe afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing.

Wow, we saw the same exact thing.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, we saw the same exact thing.
like he feels he has to walk on eggs trying to keep peace? i didn't get that feeling from the movie that much, although maybe in some scenes.

either way, he still always gets accused of being a dick in the end.

when i read about DR doc on these boards before ever watching it, all everybody kept saying was that LB comes across as a complete dick in that doc. then i watched the doc, and i was like "huh? what were those people watching?".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hopefully he should be fine now she's back, and they'll be happily working together in his studio, right after he dazzles everybody at the grammys.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-22-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
hopefully he should be fine now she's back, and they'll be happily working together in his studio, right after he dazzles everybody at the grammys.
That's right CM and LB.. Put your money where your mouth is. You want a grammy.. makes some great ))()()#*(*@(*@ music....

I think Christine is well rested and ready to work.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's right CM and LB.. Put your money where your mouth is. You want a grammy.. makes some great ))()()#*(*@(*@ music....

I think Christine is well rested and ready to work.
they want a grammy?

Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
they want a grammy?
They did for, The Dance.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've heard that tape! Christine kept screwing up, and admitting it. lol
what tape is that? does anyone have a link or download?i'd really appreciate it-i love to here the dialogue among these 5 fireflies!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched this again and got some ideas(this is what happens when you're stuck in the house due to a snowstorm).If you listen to the words to MLD he says"hard as a rock,dry as a bone.big dog/little dog I will take you home"-(you do the (sexual) math).Maybe trying to make the "positive choice"refers to him trying to decide which"dog"to take-big dog(Kristin)vs little dog(Stevie).Could be why he got the looks from the ladies-Stevie for obvious reasons,Chris because she has been on the receiving end of this type of thing before.Anybody with me or am I just losing it?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always interpreted My Little Demon as being about Lindsey's absence from the band and the internal conflict about whether to work with these people again. The song actually reaches back to Bwana, where he makes a "demons" reference. I don't know if he realizes he did that, since he didn't seem to remember he'd used the "faces of glass" image three or four times. And, Bwana, as we know, is about Mick. So, with My Little Demon, he's still struggling with some of the same demons.

Anyway, The Dance intro to the song was probably planned, but I'm not sure the rest of the band knew what he was going to talking about. When Mick hit the drum and Lindsey joked about it, it seemed to relieve some tension, and so they decided to keep using that bit as the tour went on. That's my speculation.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I bet that's the first time she's ever been called comforting & safe!
Okay, I need some help. Everyone here seems to have the impression that Christine is tough as nails. I've got that impression as well, though I'm really not sure why. She just seems to be a strong-willed person who calls it like she sees it.

But can anyone here offer some examples of how she earned that reputation? Maybe links to interviews or videos, etc.?

As for "My Little Demon," I love the manic energy of that song. I know lots of fans want newer songs if and when they record a new album, and I certainly do as well. But part of me wouldn't mind having a nice, clear studio recording of MLD. [Aside from THE DANCE, I've only heard a very rough-sounding version of what sounds like a Lindsey solo demo.]

Personally, I think Lindsey's opening speech is a bunch of pretentious silly talk. He mulitplies the prentension when he pauses and sighs before finishing ["...I think it's just important toooooo........"]

Dude. Just play the song and let it speak for itself.

Thanks,
matt
Old 01-23-2014, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Okay, I need some help. Everyone here seems to have the impression that Christine is tough as nails.
I don't have that impression. Christine can be brusque and direct and can put people in their place, but I also think she can be very compliant at times, as well.

Michele