The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac /BuckMcVie.......10 tracks.

So I was listening to this amazing album today and realized the reason it only has 10 tracks is because Lindsey kept it open for 3 or 4 Stevie tracks. Oh what this album could have been......

Last edited by BLY; 10-27-2018 at 02:02 AM..
Old 10-27-2018, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
So I was listening to this amazing album today and realized the reason it only has 10 tracks is because Lindsey kept it open for 3 or 4 Stevie tracks. Oh what this album could have been......
It's the best thing since Mirage! Old Goat Stank really screwed the final chapter of FM to the end, by not recording, firing Lindsey, and being a bitter old ass.

But i love me some BuckVie. I've not taken it out of my car rotation since it came out, June 9th of 17. Yes, I remember the date. I had 14 days to learn every song by heart, for the second show of the tour.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default BuckVieNicks

Not that long ago I started fiddling with the track list and added Belle Fleur, Lady, The Dealer, If You Were My Love, and Sad Angel/Miss Fantasy to replace some Lindsey songs. 15 tracks may be a bit heavy, but it makes me happy.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Not that long ago I started fiddling with the track list and added Belle Fleur, Lady, The Dealer, If You Were My Love, and Sad Angel/Miss Fantasy to replace some Lindsey songs. 15 tracks may be a bit heavy, but it makes me happy.

I like your additions but I would not replace any of Buckinghams songs from this album. His songs were so obviously open for Stevie’s contribution.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never cared for Lay Down For Free. It's too repetitious, and sounds like a drum machine, instead of Mick.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've never cared for Lay Down For Free. It's too repetitious, and sounds like a drum machine, instead of Mick.

Really? I know you said you have had it on repeat play since release so I can’t say “ Give it another listen” 😎 but....... I just love the vocals so I guess I most be a bit deaf to the drums.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Or it could just be that great albums are usually just 10 or 11 tracks.

And there are a few McVie clunkers on this album. I wish Lindsey had de-cheesed a few of hers.
But I do agree, if you imagine Stevie's harmonies on several songs, it could have been much better.
It's a good album, but it didn't get under my skin the way I had hoped it would.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post

And there are a few McVie clunkers on this album. I wish Lindsey had de-cheesed a few of hers.
But I do agree, if you imagine Stevie's harmonies on several songs, it could have been much better.
It's a good album, but it didn't get under my skin the way I had hoped it would.

I love all of this album...even the “cheese” stuff. Its how I feel.😎
Old 10-27-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post

If anything, I'd say Lindsey is the one who cheesed it up! Sounds like Mirage production to me.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

pop pros, those 2.
I still feel sometimes it just should have been called a Mac album and that Stevie just didn't want to be on it. Basically, that's what it was.

...and seriously, sorry, I like Stevie I really do (or used to) but in 43 years I have never, ever felt she was the be all of that band. ..far from it, actually, if I had to choose a member who 'had to go'...it would be her.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Given that she didn't show up I was more disappointed that they didn't find a few more Chris-led tracks to fill up the gaps. They must have had some kicking around given how much they were said to have been doing together.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Given that she didn't show up I was more disappointed that they didn't find a few more Chris-led tracks to fill up the gaps. They must have had some kicking around given how much they were said to have been doing together.

I agree and I’m sure they did. I think it was intentional to leave it open. Stevie would have added four songs. I also agree it should have still been called a Fleetwood Mac album because that is what it is.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

It might be completely naive of me, but mentally I haven't completely closed the door to BuckVie 2 being a possibility. I know there's the whole issue of the lawsuit, and the machinations of that will likely be the determining factor in Lindsey's relationship with the individual members of the band from here on out. But part of me wonders if Chris doesn't feel just a wee bit guilty about how everything played out and sympathetic to her old friend. Of course, if the stories are true about her feelings/actions toward Bob Welch after he sued the band, then maybe this is all a pipe dream.

My working theory, however, is that Chris feels guilty, didn't assert herself with regards to "the band's" decision to fire Lindsey (or successfully so), realizes she has a card to play in all this, which is to collaborate with Lindsey again for BuckVie 2. But this time, Mick and John aren't involved, and there's likely no supporting tour (given her age, potential other commitments to Fleetwood Mac going forward, etc.)

Yes, I realize this is very unlikely to happen (for one thing, if Fleetwood Mac goes to the mats fighting this lawsuit, it could be years before Lindsey and Christine are no longer opposing parties in an ongoing lawsuit), but it's my "Best Case Scenario" for where things stand currently and where I (as a pathetically optimistic fan of these insane people) hope they go.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
To complete the sense of an album in your scenario, do you also imagine those songs played by Fleetwood Mac and arranged-orchestrated and mixed by the Mac team? To me, swapping tracks from other projects in and out doesn't give me that satisfying sense of a Mac album because a song is just a song, and Fleetwood Mac, as much as any other pop band, puts its sonic imprint on a song and singularizes it. Take If You Were My Love, for example. From Mirage outtake to 24K Gold, it just isn't even the same song. Profoundly different.

That's why I never cared which "song" got put on an album. What makes a Fleetwood Mac album sound like Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac's recording treatment of all those songs (also considering that they haven't always done cool things to songs). Long way of saying that what prevents Buckingham McVie from completely sounding like a Fleetwood Mac album is Stevie's singing, not her songs. A Fleetwood album has never been just a playlist, and a playlist is never a Fleetwood album. That idea of what Fleetwood Mac sounds like with Lindsey helping (or handling) production and arrangement is also at the heart of the disappointment with his departure. I like hearing The Chain played the way he played it with Mick drumming (particularly in 1978 and 1980), and that's now dead. That's what I missed in 1987 at the Forum, and that's what I miss today. The fact that The Chain is still part of today's set means nothing to me (just as it meant nothing to me as part of the 1990 set). The fact that Gold Dust Woman was part of the 1994 set meant nothing to me (other than a mild curiosity). I'm attracted (or not) to what I hear, not to the mere presence of something to pay tribute or fulfill a legacy or meet a marketing expectation. Of course, sometimes the cover job really does excite me based on what I hear: for example, I seem to recall hearing an old concert from the Welch years where Bob did Black Magic Woman. I loved it. Bob was ferociously good on guitar on that. (Did you guys ever hear that?) My two.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 10-28-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 10-28-2018, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's the best thing since Mirage! Old Goat Stank really screwed the final chapter of FM to the end, by not recording, firing Lindsey, and being a bitter old ass.
Old Goat stank?? That' sooo funny! Even after the 784th time, it never gets old. You should be a comedian or something. Call Lorne Michaels, stat!

Seriously, it sounds like you're the bitter old ass.