User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is Stevie still writing songs?

Hello all

This thread is to discuss Stevie's writing. Is Stevie Nicks still writing songs? I read on Fleetwood Mac News a while back that she had written a new song for Fleetwood Mac in memory of her mother called My Mother's Rings. Do we know if there is any truth in that?

If it's not true, as far as I can tell, Stevie hasn't written a new song since 2010, which is kind of sad.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder this too. If she is actually writing songs, it is odd because she will not record them. There is not sign and little hope of a new album from her. If there is anything I guarantee it will be 24KG2, which is a really long shot, or yet another retrospective/greatest hits thing. Plus she is not interested in recording with FM. No room in there for any new songs.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think You Can't Fix This is the most recent thing she wrote?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 01-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
I think You Can't Fix This is the most recent thing she wrote?
I think so. And wasn't that just lyrics to someone else's melody?
Old 01-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On the last 2 albums IYD and 24KG we had little to nothing really new from Stevie. 24KG was all written long ago, with 2 tracks I Don't Care and Hard Advice from somewhere in the 90's, and one song from Vanessa Carlton. IYD was almost all lyrics to Dave Stewart or some else's melodies or versions of hidden oldies such as Annabel Lee and Secret Love. The only thing I can find there which is newer and fully crafted by Stevie is Soldier's Angel and the chorus of Moonlight! I think if she writes at all it is just journal entries in the form of fragments of possible lyrics.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think Stevie writes songs these days....maybe bits of prose.

I also think that is the reason she did not wish to make a new Album
with Fleetwood Mac, she has no new material.

Sad, but that’s how it is.......unless, well, all she has to do is write with someone.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't think she writes all that much anymore. I remember reading an interview with her a few years ago (unfortunately, I can't find it) in which she said it is harder for her to write these days simply because her life is different. That's not to say that she couldn't produce if she committed to making an album and had to have new songs to record.

I do find it kind of sad that Stevie seems to be in a creative rut right now while her bandmates Lindsey and Christine are having a renaissance of sorts. Lindsey, especially, is writing some amazing stuff these days.

Yes, Stevie just finished up a very successful tour (I credit The Pretenders with helping her fill the arenas, though), but she hasn't produced anything truly new in years.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it might be time for that book.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I don't think she writes all that much anymore. I remember reading an interview with her a few years ago (unfortunately, I can't find it) in which she said it is harder for her to write these days simply because her life is different. That's not to say that she couldn't produce if she committed to making an album and had to have new songs to record.

I do find it kind of sad that Stevie seems to be in a creative rut right now while her bandmates Lindsey and Christine are having a renaissance of sorts. Lindsey, especially, is writing some amazing stuff these days.

Yes, Stevie just finished up a very successful tour (I credit The Pretenders with helping her fill the arenas, though), but she hasn't produced anything truly new in years.
It’s only a “rut” if she’s trying to write and is frustrated with herself that she is not releasing music. We don’t know her mind-set. If she’s doing what she wants to do, she could be extremely happy, even if it means she’s not sharing whatever she is working on.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
It’s only a “rut” if she’s trying to write and is frustrated with herself that she is not releasing music. We don’t know her mind-set. If she’s doing what she wants to do, she could be extremely happy, even if it means she’s not sharing whatever she is working on.
I agree that Stevie Nicks is an incredibly happy and satisfied professional woman. She just wrapped a tour that she apparently called her best ever tour, period.

Stevie does not want to release NEW (not old demos, they don't count unless they are not on YouTube) songs. Does not want to release new music, period. SO pretty sure she has stopped even trying and does not write proper music anymore.

She may write lyrics but that would be about it in my summation. She doesn't have any new chords left to play with, period. Period. Just thought I'd say that again, PERIOD.