Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Lindsey Buckingham Album

After reading the latest Mick interview in Rolling Stone about the status of a new studio Fleetwood Mac album I think Lindsey needs to carve some of that music he has recorded and release a new solo cd. There is probably 10-12 songs that he feels would work for a solo album. Some tracks could feature Mick, John and Chris. He could even do a little tour.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
After reading the latest Mick interview in Rolling Stone about the status of a new studio Fleetwood Mac album I think Lindsey needs to carve some of that music he has recorded and release a new solo cd. There is probably 10-12 songs that he feels would work for a solo album. Some tracks could feature Mick, John and Chris. He could even do a little tour.
As much as it pains me to agree with this statement, you may have a valid point. What else can be done in the way of recording new material. If they sit around WAITING for the High Priestess to get OFF her high horse, a few band members may die of old age. UGH !!! Sometimes I just want to hurl a platform boot at the TV in my living room !! CURSE those damned tambourine ribbons !!!!!!!!! Let's make this new album happen!!
Old 08-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would rather see this happen to be honest
Old 08-04-2016, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was hoping this was gonna happen in 2016. That he would separate out some of the wealth of songs he has for that fm album and release them as a solo album. When it didn't happen I was hoping against all reason that Stevie was actually adding her songs to a Mac album. Now we know nothing has changed and the situation with Stevie and new Mac album is still the same as it has been the last few years. And Lindsey has wasted this whole year (other than trying some acting) as far as his music output goes.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I was hoping this was gonna happen in 2016. That he would separate out some of the wealth of songs he has for that fm album and release them as a solo album. When it didn't happen I was hoping against all reason that Stevie was actually adding her songs to a Mac album. Now we know nothing has changed and the situation with Stevie and new Mac album is still the same as it has been the last few years. And Lindsey has wasted this whole year (other than trying some acting) as far as his music output goes.
sure, but he's got a family to re-engage with and kids and etc. so I'm sympathetic to him not putting out music or doing stuff that will take him away from family (we don't know that this is his motivation, but could well be) for long periods, especially if they are indeed gearing up for the farewell tour to come where they're consistently saying they'll be on the road for two year at least.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
sure, but he's got a family to re-engage with and kids and etc. so I'm sympathetic to him not putting out music or doing stuff that will take him away from family (we don't know that this is his motivation, but could well be) for long periods, especially if they are indeed gearing up for the farewell tour to come where they're consistently saying they'll be on the road for two year at least.
Sure if he was touring but for putting out new solo album he basically works from home. Wasn't he a part time stay at home dad for some of the time, while working on new music from home? So that would not take him away from the family. And work on fm album would be in la. While I certainly understand the need for family life, somehow I don't think that's what's preventing him from working on solo or fm album. Tours would be a whole another story, of course.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure if he was touring but for putting out new solo album he basically works from home. Wasn't he a part time stay at home dad for some of the time, while working on new music from home? So that would not take him away from the family. And work on fm album would be in la. While I certainly understand the need for family life, somehow I don't think that's what's preventing him from working on solo or fm album. Tours would be a whole another story, of course.

Exactly! The point was he should release some of the music he has recorded over the last several years that may not make the Fleetwood Mac album. Having songs from Christine in the mix cuts down on his tracks. Unless the plan is (was) to release a double.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, holed up in the basement studio makes it kinda hard to do the taxiing to dance class and soccer games and all that babysitting stuff.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The title of this thread confused me at first.
I was like "Cool, Lindsey is gonna do another album!"
Old 08-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
Yes, me too. It would be better if it was called Lindsey B should release another soloalbum.

Personally, I think he should fix the controverse that leads to the omission of Stevie in the new FM album. Together with the other three.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post

Sorry about that......I was in the media business for 30 years!
Old 08-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He'd have to separate it from the oodles of stuff they say he and Christine have co-written. Personally I think they should just give Stevie an ultimatum like they did with Lindsey in '87. Behind the Mask worked well without Lindsey, Say You Will worked well without Christine. You only need four out of five for a decent album.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
He'd have to separate it from the oodles of stuff they say he and Christine have co-written. Personally I think they should just give Stevie an ultimatum like they did with Lindsey in '87. Behind the Mask worked well without Lindsey, Say You Will worked well without Christine. You only need four out of five for a decent album.
Yes, BUT one of those four OUT of Five has to be STEVIE!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Yes, BUT one of those four OUT of Five has to be STEVIE!!!
not if they want to make a decent album.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey appears to be the only active songwriter in Fleetwood Mac. He has songs ready to go either for Fleetwood Mac or for himself. I would not mind seeing some extended plays released until Lindsey or the band is ready to release an album.