The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've found, for the most part, that trying to introduce Fleetwood Mac (or more specifically Lindsey Buckingham) to my friends using just a song from a cd just doesn't cut it. The best way is for them to see the talent.
I converted my best friend (whose favorite bands are Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Nine Inch Nails) into a Buckingham fan by taking her to two of the shows on the Say You Will tour - a rather expensive but effective means of doing it. After the first concert her response was "I have three words: He is amazing!"
However, I tried that tactic with another friend but to no avail, despite being only maybe two feet away from the stage. I think the situation wasn't helped by the fact that he spent the night being hit on by some bikini-top clad teeny-bopper who kept yelling "Stevie, I want to have your baby!" and a middle aged man with a receding hairline. My friend also kept insisting that he questioned Lindsey's sexuality. Personally, I think his gaydar is malfunctioning -- either that or it was wishful thinking that he'd never admit to.
My former manager was converted to a Buckingham fan because I had her watch the Dance. After that, whenever a Lindsey song came on the radio or if I played a cd she'd ask "Is this song about Stevie?" and if I said no her response was "Good. I really like this song and would hate to think that it's about her."
If I were to try to convert someone now, I'd have them watch "Come" from Live in Boston.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I've found, for the most part, that trying to introduce Fleetwood Mac (or more specifically Lindsey Buckingham) to my friends using just a song from a cd just doesn't cut it. The best way is for them to see the talent.
I converted my best friend (whose favorite bands are Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Nine Inch Nails) into a Buckingham fan by taking her to two of the shows on the Say You Will tour - a rather expensive but effective means of doing it. After the first concert her response was "I have three words: He is amazing!"
However, I tried that tactic with another friend but to no avail, despite being only maybe two feet away from the stage. I think the situation wasn't helped by the fact that he spent the night being hit on by some bikini-top clad teeny-bopper who kept yelling "Stevie, I want to have your baby!" and a middle aged man with a receding hairline. My friend also kept insisting that he questioned Lindsey's sexuality. Personally, I think his gaydar is malfunctioning -- either that or it was wishful thinking that he'd never admit to.
My former manager was converted to a Buckingham fan because I had her watch the Dance. After that, whenever a Lindsey song came on the radio or if I played a cd she'd ask "Is this song about Stevie?" and if I said no her response was "Good. I really like this song and would hate to think that it's about her."
If I were to try to convert someone now, I'd have them watch "Come" from Live in Boston.
Where did you see your shows?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Where did you see your shows?
First show: July 6, 2003 at Arco Arena in Sacramento California. We were quite a few rows back but on the floor and not bad at all.

Second show: July 23, 2003 at the Oakland Arena. Seats not lousy but not great. Just above the floor and too far back to be worth what I paid.

Third show: June 26, 2004 at the Sleep Train Ampitheatre in Marysville, CA
Had ninth row seats but never sat in them. Spent the whole concert standing about two feet from the stage.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Had ninth row seats but never sat in them. Spent the whole concert standing about two feet from the stage.
Cool! I was there too right in front of Lindsey.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
First show: July 6, 2003 at Arco Arena in Sacramento California. We were quite a few rows back but on the floor and not bad at all.

Second show: July 23, 2003 at the Oakland Arena. Seats not lousy but not great. Just above the floor and too far back to be worth what I paid.

rock! I was at that oakland show, 2003 (bad seats, snuck in) and wanted to hit the Marysville one, but ended up I could only go to Concord and San Jose. front for both, though.
I really like the sound in Oakland, that was the first time i had been there...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-25-2005, 01:06 AM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky
The sound in San Jose is always really stinky.
Oh, I didn't know, i thought it was an anomoly.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
Cool! I was there too right in front of Lindsey.
We arrived late so I ended up in front of Stevie and couldn't seem to move any further.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:02 PM
wondergirl9847
This message has been deleted by wondergirl9847.