The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?!

OK, so I suppose I could have added this to another thread, but I just HAVE to ask: WTF is up with Mick's Chat Board...if you wait around long enough on the 'General' entrance page, under the 'News' header at the top, you'll see something weird appear, along with the "Click to visit Fleetwoodmac.com", "Get the New CD", "Click here for Fan Club Info" banners that flash and disappear under the 'News' header. The following phrases appear, one after the other:
SEE NO EVIL
HEAR NO EVIL
SPEAK NO EVIL
Is this a personal Mick motto, 'cause I dunno about you, but I am creeped out...(and you know why, y'all)

Old 06-05-2003, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy
OK, so I suppose I could have added this to another thread, but I just HAVE to ask: WTF is up with Mick's Chat Board...if you wait around long enough on the 'General' entrance page, under the 'News' header at the top, you'll see something weird appear, along with the "Click to visit Fleetwoodmac.com", "Get the New CD", "Click here for Fan Club Info" banners that flash and disappear under the 'News' header. The following phrases appear, one after the other:
SEE NO EVIL
HEAR NO EVIL
SPEAK NO EVIL
Is this a personal Mick motto, 'cause I dunno about you, but I am creeped out...(and you know why, y'all)

That is weird.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Post I believe it is Mick motto and...

its been there since the beginning.

Isabel
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"

Last edited by saradorna; 06-05-2003 at 04:40 AM..
Old 06-05-2003, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That explains A LOT!!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53
That explains A LOT!!
It sure does, if they really wanted that to be their policy there then maybe they should've made that "message" a little more accessible rather than "hide" it on the site that way but then again, this is Mick's site we're talking about so "hiding" is the name of their game so it does make sense after all!

John
Old 06-05-2003, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Certainly seems like a theme there.

"Whatever is convenient for MICK."

Excerpted from The Penguin’s Q&A:
http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/qa/bobwelch_qa1.htm

Bob, my question is on the topic that many others have already asked. It is basically on the use of the name Fleetwood Mac. Didn't the Cliff Davis era problems resolve who owned the name of Fleetwood Mac? Isn't that how Mick Fleetwood comes to control the name of the band, from a positive perspective - taking control at a time when someone else controls your life?
BTW, I was first exposed to FM browsing through my brother's albums, including MTM and Penguin. I wore those two out one summer and saw FM the following winter at the old Winterland on the Heroes tour. Thank you for providing many happy musical memories.
p.s. I was also confused when the 'new' FM came out with the white album- I though Lindsey was the girl and Stevie was the guy. I still bought the album, though I hesitated since you had apparently left the band. Good luck. (Dave Ferrier, Chico, California, USA)

Dave, Mick may well have copyrighted the name Fleetwood Mac, although that's not all that easy to do. He and John McVie, as the only members who have been in FM since it's beginning, certainly have the right to maintain that any group with them in it is the only 'real' Fleetwood Mac, and in fact, since the Davis lawsuit, this "problem' has not come up.

But.....hypothetically, IF Stevie, Lindsey, me, Weston, Vito and Burnette did (hypothetically) go out and call ourselves "Fleetwood Mac" (I'm not saying that this would EVER happen !), a court might well have a tough time deciding who "owned" the name, because Stevie, Lindsey, Burnette me, Weston and Vito could be said to be as much associated with Fleetwood Mac in the eyes of the public, as are Mick and John....Maybe, in the case of Stevie and Lindsey, MORE so ...
Mick and John will never face this problem however, because all of us.... me, Stevie, Lindsey, Vito, Weston, Burnette are too NICE, and would never f--k Mick and John over, the way Mick might, unhesitatingly, f--k US over... Mick appears to do, WHATEVER is convenient for MICK at the time.

Sorry about the 'diatribe", it's just that everybody's always been "scared" of Mick and John, in a weird irrational and emotional way. Mick's genius, outside of being a wonderful and gifted DRUMMER, is being able to retain this emotional control, call it "intimidation" if you like, for 31 years, without ever being challenged. Except once, and I helped him with THAT ! (Davis)
On a lighter note, thanks for your nice words about "Heroes" etc.!
~Bob Welch
Old 06-05-2003, 08:03 AM

The name is trademarked, and the question would come down to who owns that trademark.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Certainly seems like a theme there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tango
"Whatever is convenient for MICK."

Excerpted from The Penguin’s Q&A:
http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/qa/bobwelch_qa1.htm

Bob, my question is on the topic that many others have already asked. It is basically on the use of the name Fleetwood Mac. Didn't the Cliff Davis era problems resolve who owned the name of Fleetwood Mac? Isn't that how Mick Fleetwood comes to control the name of the band, from a positive perspective - taking control at a time when someone else controls your life?
---------------------

(QUOTES FROM BOB WELCH--PENGUIN Q&A)

Mick may well have copyrighted the name Fleetwood Mac, although that's not all that easy to do.

...me, Stevie, Lindsey, Vito, Weston, Burnette are too NICE, and would never f--k Mick and John over,

the way Mick might, unhesitatingly, f--k US over... Mick appears to do, WHATEVER is convenient for MICK at the time.

it's just that everybody's always been "scared" of Mick and John, in a weird irrational and emotional way.

Mick's genius, outside of being a wonderful and gifted DRUMMER,

is being able to retain this emotional control, call it "intimidation"

if you like, for 31 years, without ever being challenged.

Except once, and I helped him with THAT ! (Davis)

On a lighter note, thanks for your nice words about "Heroes" etc.!

~Bob Welch
No wonder nothing's being done about the fan club! Mick must control the name and he obviously sold it to Todd for money.

Mick probably knows everything about the complaints. If he'd unhesitatingly f--ck his band mates over, why not fans?From what I've heard it wouldn't be the first time.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Certainly seems like a theme there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
No wonder nothing's being done about the fan club! Mick must control the name and he obviously sold it to Todd for money.

Mick probably knows everything about the complaints. If he'd unhesitatingly f--ck his band mates over, why not fans?From what I've heard it wouldn't be the first time.
He probably "licensed" the fan club to JT.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
SEE NO EVIL
HEAR NO EVIL
SPEAK NO EVIL

How about.......

I am ****ing sick about heaing the names of my favorite musicians being dragged through the mud for the thousandth time......

Jonathan Todd is a PIECE OF ****...... However, maybe, the bandmates have MUCH more to think about than this denizen of the Ninth Plane of the Hellls.....
Old 06-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jonathan Todd is a PIECE OF ****...... However, maybe, the bandmates have MUCH more to think about than this denizen of the Ninth Plane of the Hellls.....
Amen to that one...however, they allowed this to happen and much as it sickens me, unless we can get some type of resignation or accounting from JT, the band are gonna be the ones to have to answer the troubles and their problems may just be starting then.

So, help us fight JT and we can perhaps save "our favorite musicians" from the legal troubles and publicity nightmare that is sure to follow on the heels of JT. They gave something precious to JT....their name, Mick may have done it but, they agreed to it. Can you imagine allowing someone you do not know to go out in the world and do things using your name and you not have any idea what they were doing with it? And, we are nobody. There is a grave lack of responsibility shown here, by the bands management and in turn the band.

So, perhaps you can help to spread the word and fight with us and then our band will rise above all this. I hope so. I love Fleetwood Mac. No other band on this planet has ever touched me personally with their lyrics and music like Fleetwood Mac. But, they are not Gods.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Ledgie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I completely agree with above statement, but there does come a time when they do need to check and see what the people they have hired to represent them are doing!! I realize that they have many things on their minds and are very busy. But in the same respect, if we the fans keep getting ripped off by their representives what are we to do? Sit back and give up our money for nothing?? I do not think so!! We work hard for our money and I for one do not expect something for free, but to turn it around I certainly don't expect to pay $60.00 and get nothing!! I feel they have got $60.00 out of many fans for free!! OK-LANDSLIDE

Old 06-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but to turn it around I certainly don't expect to pay $60.00 and get nothing!! I feel they have got $60.00 out of many fans for free!! OK-LANDSLIDE
and in your case, 120.00....he robbed your child too...rotted scum
Old 06-06-2003, 11:59 PM
Ledgie

How true they did rob my child also.........Just a little embarrassing to admit the B@##@*D took this household for $120.00 bucks.
But I am persistent when I feel strongly about something, and I do on this matter. I will fight with JT as long as it takes on this issue. Too many lies have been told for me too accept and I feel after credit card company gets copies of his BS no way will they make me liable for the charges. At least one of them didn't even need me to send them anything they took charges of said say no more already heard it from many others. Plus the idiot told my credit card company they keep track of all phone calls and numbers that come into fan club and I had never called there at all to ask for refund. Well I always got answering machine but did call and leave message many times. Today phone bill came in the mail and guess what number shows up on my long distance charges.....Dah.....Fan Clubs 7-8 different times. Guess I'll forward a copy of that on credit card company to show them another one of his many lies OK-LANDSLIDE

Old 06-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
SEE NO EVIL
HEAR NO EVIL
SPEAK NO EVIL

What is that about? I was reading this thread and came across this message. Is this some kinda subliminal hypnosis thing? (I read here the other day that this person was involved in a weight loss hypnosis thing.) Truly it must be conspiracy minded in origin. Somebody has got to tell me where I can see This One!
I went to Fleetwood Mac.com but I didn't see it!