User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Thoughts on Audience

I just wanted to say that in terms of my experiences at the American shows versus the England shows, I enjoyed the England shows a TRAZILLION times more than the American shows. I'm not factoring in the band, I'm talking specifically about the crowds, the people, how rude/polite/obnoxious they were.

You Brits are the sweetest, most polite people I've ever met and I thank you for being so kind to me when I visited your country.

I'm being very anti-American today. LMAO!! Kidding...I love America, it's awesome, but I just had terrible experiences at the USA shows. If it wasn't drunkards, it was old farts who wanted to sit and be quiet and wanted ME to do the same. No way, Jose.

I had the time of my life in England and the only bad thing was that one drunk dude in London on December 10th, but I would take him over the beyotch from hell.

Just had to express that sentiment.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Some people were saying a while ago that the European audiences were actually awful, due to the fight that occurred in one UK show and the damage done to Stevie's mic stand at one of the London shows. Even then I think these were isolated cases; my experience of the European audience was very positive overall. And to those Americans who are still doubting I can only say: "remember Reno". And even the things that happened there were caused by one or two *ss*oles. One just can't get away from them anywhere, especialy when one is prone to such behaviour as well. (referring to me "requesting" certain speeches from Lindsey)

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 06-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Perhaps these things are because: A) Americans are more a**holey and B)Perhaps we take the Mac more for granted than they do in England, just cause we have them more. When i went last year i was also annoyed at the oakland crowd that was around me for being extra somnambulent. I was still screaming, singing, dancing, and acting like a fool, though. Luckily no one said anything to me or i may have had to scramble their eggs...Oh, for the record, i was drunk, and i was singing, but uh...I sing rather well, and uh...I hope i wasn't one of the assholes! I think i was tooo smiley and enthusiastic to have crossed that line, though. However, your words will prompt me to be more careful this time around, specially in second row. Hopefully the other second row people will be acting just as foolishly enthusiastic as I...
Amber
Old 06-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well Christy, I've never been to a show in another country, but generally I dread concerts just because of the crowd....I always have some sort of negative crowd experience...like the ones you mentioned (drunkards etc...)

Crowds in general I'm not a fan of though...I braved a Smithsonian today...and left after 1 hour because the people were bugging me so much..hahah....so ya..I feel yer pain...
Old 06-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol

I mean, having a drink is one thing....being slobbering, obnoxiously drunk is a totally different beast!!!! It's like, just when you meet up with Ledgies who are cool and normal, these dumba$$es come up and ruin EVERYTHING! GAH!!

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I work at home, because I'm not a people person. LOL
Old 06-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I was talking about this with a fellow ledgie a few days ago but more about how much cheering was done in the UK shows, more than a lot of the US shows I have heard..

I must admit all four of the UK shows I attended were really good for crowd atmosphere (I've never seen or heard Stevie as happy as she was in the Manchester gigs) apart from those people on the front row that sat quietly all through the second Earls Court show ( If you wanna sit quietly don't sit on the front!!! I'm sure you remember them Pip? ) and the incident at the second Manchester show with the mini fight at the front that Lindsey put an end to with a few colourful metaphors

Thanks for the kind words about us as well Christy.. We'll make you an honorary Brit...
Old 06-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
And to those Americans who are still doubting I can only say: "remember Reno". And even the things that happened there were caused by one or two *ss*oles.
the Reno, NV incident from last August should prove it enough that some people should be more respectful. It's a miracle that we (the fans) are even lucky to get to see Fleetwood Mac at all.

I know the crowd at the OKC was the most respectful of the three 3 shows I have seen (In the sense that a great majority did not get blitzed and act like idiotic asses) thus far, But then when FM hasnt played in your area for 20+ years you tend to be more respectful in hopes they will remember and visit again on their possible next jaunt.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."