User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
someone who was from her generation and had some of the same cultural references, shared experiences, views, etc.

Not that it always makes a difference. I just believe eventually the gap shows or at least it in certain areas. And, that doesn't even mean it will cause huge problems.
Quote:
And, we never know -- anyone can get ill despite age. It's just more likely to happen to the older partner first.
completely agree with your second statement. as Bee also said about her experience, everyone kept saying to my parents that age gap will eventually be a problem, including my mom's mom (who was younger than my dad). but - you never know when you'll be walking down the street and brick may fall on your head.

re your first statement about cultural and other differences, views, etc - and to get back to LB: look at Lindsey and Stevie who are the same generation (well he's a bit younger) - since that's probably the subtext for many people in this specific LB/KB age-gap discussion -

they started together in one place and have had so much common history and love together since they were teenagers - and that's something they can still build on and remember as they go on. but do they really have so many shared interests now? he's very liberal, she seems to lean conservative. he listens to Dirty Projectors, she listens to Katy Perry . with having a family, he finally grew up and became an adult, her interviews seem to still reveal a mind of a young girl without much adult thinking. his music is very different than her music now - both with the Mac and solo. even Lindsey says how musically they started in the same place and went into 2 completely different directions. (although there's some overlap, no wonder that many people who like LB's music don't necessarily like SN's music and vice versa.)
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he's very liberal, she seems to lean conservative.
Lindsey said he never thought of her as all that conservative (though he was talking socially, not politically) and I don't think she is either.

Michele
Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. I don't think Stevie is conservative, either socially or politically. Her father may have been conservative and she may agree with some of the fiscal aspects of that, but then again she said she had no idea what her money was invested in.

Also, I actually think Stevie and Lindsey are probably more alike now than they have ever been. They echo one another's views in interviews more often, use the same phrases and terms. Musically, I think they both have a healthy appreciation for all kinds of music. In their personal interpretations, I remember Lindsey saying that they really weren't that different in what they were conveying, just that Stevie would naturally lean more romantic.

It's hard to know what else they might share in common besides maybe an affinity for a good cup of coffee, reading, art, drawing, and vacations in Hawaii.

I know Stevie has a few things in common with Kristen though -- photography, songwriting, decorating, sequencing.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-24-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Old 06-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It's hard to know what else they might share in common besides maybe an affinity for a good cup of coffee, reading, art, drawing, and vacations in Hawaii.
A good doob.....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
A good doob.....

How could I have forgotten that?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ken wrote how Stevie used to go into Lindsey's bag to get marijuana.

Michele
Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ken wrote how Stevie used to go into Lindsey's bag to get marijuana.

Michele
Awesome.

Haven't read it yet.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Ledgie

I think it depends on maturity. I don't agree with someone in their early 20s or younger dating someone with a big age diferennce. I think they should at least be in their mid 20s or older.
Another thing that I've noticed that you see older men with younger women. I find that very interesting
Old 06-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I think it depends on maturity. I don't agree with someone in their early 20s or younger dating someone with a big age diferennce. I think they should at least be in their mid 20s or older.
Another thing that I've noticed that you see older men with younger women. I find that very interesting
Women mature faster than men..
Old 06-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Women mature faster than men..
I agree with this. It seems that it is just now that guys my age are finally maturing to the point where I was 15 years ago!!

I noticed the lack of maturity throughout my dating years. When I was 17, I dated someone who was 25. He acted more like he was the same age I was. When I was 24, I was dating someone who was 28 and it seemed more like he was 15.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HRMIXRXYzo

Here's that Shaking The Tree movie she was in.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently, twice. She was credited in a movie as Brittney Hansen and press stated she was Gale Hansen's wife. She was also married to Gary Briggs, who was a WB A&R man, now with New West Records.
Kristen was married to Gale Hansen. Is this the Gale Hansen that starred in the film "Dead Poets Society"?
Old 08-01-2018, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Gale Hansen is doing more than not claiming the marriage. His bio is unusual for IMDB in that he emphasizes that his current wife has been his ONLY wife since 1986. I think he is saying that claims to the contrary are a big fat lie and I believe him. Marriage, birth and death certificates are a matter of public record and the information is all online these days. Just as name changes and divorces filings are. If the entry in his bio was false that could be easily established by the same people who made him want to clarify the fact that he wasn't married before in the first place.

Now, you'd have to know what state a person was married in to find a marriage record. Maybe he and Brittney or Kristen weren't married in California. Maybe they were married in Tijuana or Alabama, in which case no one would ever think to check for a license there, but there's also no record of divorce. In California.

At any rate, I believe the correction he has emphasized in his bio.

Michele
Gale Hansen himself has emphasized nothing. IMDB is user-edited, like Wikipedia; the difference is that you have to be a member to edit, but it is easy to sign up. I am a member and I have edited entries. According to the site, that bio was written by someone named Kelley Ward. I did a quick internet search and found nothing that indicates she has any kind of professional relationship with him.

Indeed, the lack of a headshot on the profile, which can only be uploaded if one has a paying account with IMDB rather than a free one, indicates that neither Hansen nor his management has been involved in editing his IMDB page. Just FYI.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-01-2018 at 07:14 AM..